Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS support?
4570 34 2014-10-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
msjh
lvl.4

United Kingdom

The main page for LB says iOS support is "coming soon".  Does anyone have an idea of whether this is weeks or months?  With a new iPad with non-reflective acreen out (and I am an Apple user throughout) the iOS support matters!  
2014-10-16
Use props
titorolon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4131 ft
Spain

There is a beta version you can download from Lightbridge's download page.
It is a zip with a QR code that you have to scan to download it. It is at the bottom of the page.
2014-10-17
Use props
msjh
lvl.4

United Kingdom

titorolon Posted at 2014-10-17 16:05
It is a zip with a QR cod ...

Thank you!
2014-10-17
Use props
DJI-Tenna
lvl.1

China

titorolon Posted at 2014-10-17 16:05
It is a zip with a QR cod ...

So great, that's right  :
2014-10-20
Use props
Roadbugs
lvl.1

United States

I updated my IPad to iOS 8.1 and now the Lightbridge app won't launch.  Any ideas about what changed? Will the beta software get updated?
2014-10-24
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10184222 ft
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Roadbugs Posted at 2014-10-25 05:56
I updated my IPad to iOS 8.1 and now the Lightbridge app won't launch.  Any ideas about what changed ...

I have the same problem. Upgraded to 8.1 and now I have no app available, I have a paying job tomorrow and now I'm in a tight situation... DJI should have issued a warning about upgrading to 8.1...
2014-10-24
Use props
titorolon
lvl.1
Spain

hvilorio Posted at 2014-10-25 07:08
I have the same problem. Upgraded to 8.1 and now I have no app available, I have a paying job tomo ...

It is a beta version, you use it at you own risk.
Did you read the all PDF with the warnings?
2014-10-24
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

titorolon Posted at 2014-10-25 14:00
It is a beta version, you use it at you own risk.
Did you read the all PDF with the warnings?

I did read it. My problem is that I see no movement in regards to LB for iOS, yes you have a beta that was released 2 months ago, and no more updates... come on DJI... you sell an expensive HD system and we need to also buy a new tablet to be able to use it to it's full potential? I think that this is irresponsibility by DJI not to full support or develop for iOS at par with android.
I spoke to the LA customer service and their answer was "Sorry but we don't have an ETA on it"...
2014-10-25
Use props
john
lvl.1

United States

I've been able to download the app and it starts to install, but then bails out saying it can't be installed.  I've tried installing it on iOS 7.1, 8, and 8.1.

Has the beta expired?  Any news on the next update?  Release?
2014-10-25
Use props
titorolon
lvl.1
Spain

hvilorio Posted at 2014-10-25 17:00
I did read it. My problem is that I see no movement in regards to LB for iOS, yes you have a beta  ...

You are right that is time for the alpha version to come out.
2014-10-25
Use props
Octocott
lvl.1
Flight distance : 668694 ft
  • >>>
Belarus

DJI, please bother yourself with a tiny bit of code for the iOS app to get this overpriced LightBridge of yours up and running.
Like NOW would be a good time. I'm NOT buying an android just because you can't port a simple app to iOS. Get busy will you!
2014-10-26
Use props
christoph
lvl.1

Austria

Same problem here! The iOS app was working great until I tried to launch it today. All of a sudden it crashed every time I tried to launch it. The I tried to re-download it again and now the app won't install anymore: „unable to download app“. I'm pretty much screwed right now!
2014-10-27
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sure that DJI will come up with a solution.  Apple came out with v8.0 and quickly followed up with an update and now we are with v8.1.

Until they settle their firmware it is difficult for DJI to do the same.
2014-10-27
Use props
filipposole
lvl.1

Italy

This is a big problem for me too. All I can do right now is to advise all my Italian contacts who ask me everyday about multi rotors to buy other products. Dji too often has no answers for our problems. I'll consider to change my multi rotors to Zerouav and also suggest my friends/customers to buy a Zerouav.
2014-10-27
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-10-28 00:20
I am sure that DJI will come up with a solution.  Apple came out with v8.0 and quickly followed up w ...

I hope they do it soon... I don't understand why the app won't even install... on any iOS 8.0, 8.02, 7.12... I even tried Jailbraking an iPad Mini and no luck there either... it just won't install...
2014-10-27
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20042933 ft
Hungary

I think the app beta expired that was coded in the app and it won't work anymore... They just forgot about it...
2014-10-28
Use props
christoph
lvl.1

Austria

Today a colleague of mine was able to install the app on a iPhone 5 and iOS 7. But I still can't install it on my iPhone 6 Plus with iOS 8.1 :-(
2014-10-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Apple tightened up the protocols in iOS 8.  It may take a while to get this sorted out.
2014-10-28
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Hungary

I'll need to purchase a sh*tty Android...
2014-10-28
Use props
szeles.m
lvl.1
Hungary

It looks like the app got fixed. I was able to install on 8.1!!
2014-10-28
Use props
hvilorio
lvl.4
  • >>>
Dominican Republic

szeles.m@gmail. Posted at 2014-10-29 05:03
It looks like the app got fixed. I was able to install on 8.1!!

I also was able to download and install... thanks DJI!!
2014-10-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

The iOS App now works.  Enjoy!
2014-11-2
Use props
john
lvl.1

United States

Happy to report that it does indeed work.  Thanks!

I'll start another thread with the connection issue I'm having (Android or iOS).
2014-11-9
Use props
randompost
lvl.1

Canada

Yes the latest iOS works, but come on DJI.... you can only use the HDMI output OR the USB (to iPhone in my case) !!!!
Why can we not have both outputs available at all time on the ground unit ?

Come on DJI, do something about this issue, and let us know how you are proceeding with this fix up.
2014-11-18
Use props
crcacr
New

Ecuador

I'm new with the DJI world. What is this app and what is for to cause such concern. Can somebody explain it to me. Thank you.
2014-11-18
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Captain
  • >>>
United States

randompost@hotm Posted at 2014-11-19 03:08
Yes the latest iOS works, but come on DJI.... you can only use the HDMI output OR the USB (to iPhone ...

You are talking about the Lightbridge.  It has always been that way.  You can control the parameters but not see the video.
2014-11-18
Use props
e.gargiulo.soge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

I purchased Lightbridge to see the video with ipad. I installed the app for ipad.
ok. it works but the images are disturbed by annoying horizontal stripes that make a display unstable and annoying. What can I do to remove the bands and have a proper view of the video?  :@:@:@:@
2015-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jackson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 51243 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

e.gargiulo.soge Posted at 2015-2-7 15:16
I purchased Lightbridge to see the video with ipad. I installed the app for ipad.
ok. it works but t ...

Hi~
Which kind of antenna did you use ? Please try the skew planar attenna.
2015-2-9
Use props
e.gargiulo.soge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

DJI-Jackson pubblicato a 2015/02/09 20:41
Ciao ~
Quale tipo di antenna hai usato? Prova il planare attenna skew.

Hi
antenna? originale
ho pensato di migliorare e invece ....
s900 T14SG radio / Gimbal H3-3D / gopro4 / Futaba prese da due settimane
Con i primi voli a posto.
Poi ho deciso di aumentare e migliorare il video e ho acquistato il Lightbridge a cui Pensavo mi collego un iPad. Orrore !!
Visualizzare immagini disturbate da fasce orizzontali così inguardabili. Per quanto riguarda il campo di applicazione, però, non ho potuto dire molto, perché a 30 metri ho perso il controllo oi controlli non erano più ... Poi dopo ho capito (presumo) che ha operato un ritorno automatico. La seconda prova è terminata bene. Le bande orizzontali sono visibili anche nel monitor collegato tramite HDMI.
In sintesi: due inconvenienti gravi.
Il primo inconveniente >>> guardando il video è su iPad che su monitor HDMI è disturbato da fasce verticali, rendendo la visualizzazione assolutamente inadeguata.
Il secondo >>> svantaggio dopo l'installazione di Lightbridge è successo due volte, a distanza di S900 di appena 20 o 30 metri, che controlla la radio non è più soddisfatta, provocando grande sofferenza per me (ma il 'mi sono reso conto dopo !!) una casa go . Ora S900 è fermato in attesa che il DJI sostegno darmi consigli.
Quindi, per questo importo :@:@:@..... Ciao
2015-2-9
Use props
matthewpaco
lvl.1

United Kingdom

same issue here ! Dji we need answers. No beta version for iOS no update when the iOS version is coming. I don't want to be buying an android device. This is a joke DjI!
I kept iOS 8.0 and still the app is crashing all the time.
2015-2-14
Use props
john
lvl.1

United States

Encouraged by DJI getting the Pilot app into the Apple Store, I'd like to give the iOS Lightbridge app a try again...

I have the latest iPad Mini Retina.  What version of iOS has DJI qualified the Beta Lightbridge iOS app on?
2015-3-9
Use props
DBUK
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Any updates from DJI about this? Its annoying to use my smaller Nexus 7 rather than the IPad when I fly the S900 but can use IPad when flying Inspire 1

Also can we expect a resolution on the LB dual HDMI/USB restrictions, is this is a physical power/design restriction that the Inspire 1 controller has overcome or something DJI can fix for the LB?
2015-3-15
Use props
mrsjslea
New

United States

Still not working. DJI please get Lightbridge on iOS! It has been "coming soon" for far too long.
At least get the enterprise beta version up and running again.
2015-3-16
Use props
Mario A.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 930161 ft
Germany

Same problem here. LB App for iOS is not working with iOS 8.2, after Downgrade to 8.1.2 i also can´t install the unsigned beta. This is really frustrating DJI.

I bought a S1000+ to use it for my jobs, at first the 5D III HD Gimbal was crappy, so i get a new one from DJI Germany after they tried to repair the first, that wasn´t balanced and had some other issues. Now the gimbal is fine but i can´t fly because i bought an iPad Mini 3 for the LB and no it isn´t working. And i am NOT going to buy some android devices cause i´m familar with the apple system.

Also DJI Support in Germany says it´s frustrating that nobody from China can tell them anything since weeks. Nothing happens.

We pay the money for your products so get them work! With the Inspire 1 it´s also no problem.
WHEN WILL THE IOS LB APP BE RELEASED?
Tell us please!
2015-3-18
Use props
buckina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1020984 ft
United States

I love the irate posts from people who denigrate DJI for everything they've ever done only to shift to "may thanks!" , after seeing a resolution of this or that gets sorted.  How many companies in this business integrate as tightly and continue to provide updates on gear as regularly as DJI does?

Been a fan through the ups and downs from flame wheels, through Phantoms...  S800 to Inspire.  They all do what they are sold to do and IMHO better than the competition
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules