Fantastic Repair Service From DJI
1728 28 2017-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Just wanted to say something positive about the DJI European repair service.

My drone had an issue with compass interference when in sports mode so i contacted dji support we spent 30 minutes going through a few checks on the Mavic and agreed the Mavic needed to go in for repair.

This was my timeline ...

Friday 3rd Nov recieved UPS lable.
Monday 6th Mavic delivered.
Tuesday 7th Repair quote recieved.
Friday 10th Mavic delivered back to me.

Fantastic service from DJI

Thank you.
2017-11-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70043 ft
Netherlands

But does it work ok now?
Good for you and happy flying, hopefully you get some nice weather this weekend
2017-11-10
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

I had quiet similar timeline with repair center in Nederland. However, having read all kind of posts I was scared of the bill, which came out relatively small. Then I was scared of receiving a crappy refurbished product, and again the drone I got back was immaculate.

2017-11-10
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The Drone I recieved was a new drone ....  completely immaculate....

It paired with my controller in seconds with no issues at all.

I updated the NFZ data without issues and installed the latest FW 1.04.0000 as this is what my returned Mavic was on.

This is my first DJI product and I have had my Mavic for 11 months and even though it had the compass error when in Sports mode it flew perfectly. I never had any issues at all with upgrading and I always upgraded via the go app om my mobile phone ( Samsung S6 & S7 ) today I upgraded my new Mavic via dji go on my Crystalsky 5.5 and just like every other upgrade it worked perfectly.

Just need the weather to play ball now so I can carry out a test flight
2017-11-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-11-10 03:36
The Drone I recieved was a new drone ....  completely immaculate....

It paired with my controller in seconds with no issues at all.

That is great! You could try to get refresh care on you NEW drone, correct? The serial of your new drone, does it have an "R" in it?
2017-11-10
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Yep! I’ve also had a great repair experience from DJI. I crashed my Mavic into a tree (my stupid fault messing around one day) and DJI turned around my drone in 7 days start to finish. I don’t have Care Refresh so I paid for the repair. 4 new arms and new gimbal mount and cables. I was very surprised how low the price was! Flies perfectly and no issues whatsoever. Great job DJI
2017-11-10
Use props
Anoniem
lvl.4
Netherlands

dan_vector Posted at 2017-11-10 10:30
Yep! I’ve also had a great repair experience from DJI. I crashed my Mavic into a tree (my stupid fault messing around one day) and DJI turned around my drone in 7 days start to finish. I don’t have Care Refresh so I paid for the repair. 4 new arms and new gimbal mount and cables. I was very surprised how low the price was! Flies perfectly and no issues whatsoever. Great job DJI

That is a very good thing, and also impressive turnaround time. But out of curiosity, can you tell something about the cost for fixing your Mavic ?
2017-11-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good to hear!
2017-11-10
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Anoniem I did not pay anything for this repair as it was all covered by the warranty.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Anthony, you are so grateful for sharing your story with us, this absolutely brings us a great confidence and motivation to keep moving. Thank you again for your positive feedback. Wish you have a great time on flying, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

CA Mavic Pro Posted at 2017-11-10 03:16
I had quiet similar timeline with repair center in Nederland. However, having read all kind of posts I was scared of the bill, which came out relatively small. Then I was scared of receiving a crappy refurbished product, and again the drone I got back was immaculate.

Also, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We will do a full test before shipping to ensure the performance of the drone. No worries. If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know. I am here for doing my best to help.
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

dan_vector Posted at 2017-11-10 10:30

Thank you for sharing your story, Dan. We are so happy to hear your feedback. Happy flying.
2017-11-10
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great feedback!
2017-11-10
Use props
dan_vector
lvl.4
Flight distance : 613753 ft
Oman

Anoniem Posted at 2017-11-10 11:38
That is a very good thing, and also impressive turnaround time. But out of curiosity, can you tell something about the cost for fixing your Mavic ?

Sure it was less than $200 all in.
2017-11-10
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent result.....glad everything worked out!
2017-11-11
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI needs more positive feedback like this more often.  Keep sharing the good stories.
2017-11-12
Use props
fanse88ce6b3
New

United States

My drone lost power and went in a pond. I can't retrieve it. So upset. Is there anything you can do?
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fanse88ce6b3 Posted at 2017-11-12 20:01
My drone lost power and went in a pond. I can't retrieve it. So upset. Is there anything you can do?

Sorry to read on this, is the drone still in warranty period? If so, please contact our support to start a ticket in working hours for data analysis.
The reasonable resolution will be provided after analysis, sorry again for your loss.
2017-11-12
Use props
Rich Z
lvl.1

United States

Just out of curiosity, where is the warranty repair depot(s) for DJI located for USA customers?
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rich Z Posted at 2017-11-12 23:11
Just out of curiosity, where is the warranty repair depot(s) for DJI located for USA customers?

Our official repair center locates in California.
If you need repair service, please fill in online repair request form and you will get the address.
2017-11-13
Use props
Rich Z
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:04
Our official repair center locates in California.
If you need repair service, please fill in online repair request form and you will get the address.

This is information I want to know BEFORE making a purchase.  If a unit would have to be shipped back to China for warranty repair or replacement, that would just be unacceptable to me. From what I have been reading, apparently this is the case for some countries DJI markets into.
2017-11-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Rich Z Posted at 2017-11-13 07:48
This is information I want to know BEFORE making a purchase.  If a unit would have to be shipped back to China for warranty repair or replacement, that would just be unacceptable to me. From what I have been reading, apparently this is the case for some countries DJI markets into.

It depends on where you purchase the drone.
Customers can obtain warranty service only at a designated DJI repair center in the region where he/she purchased the product.
However, depending on part availability, customers can obtain cross-regional repair service at an additional charge.
Please purchase from DJI online store or authorized dealers in North America.
2017-11-13
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just wanted to follow this up with a flight test update ... six flights us under two hours flying and it fly's like a dream.

I always test RTH after caring out Firmware Update so I tested this with my repaired Mavic and it returned and landed within inches of the take off point and right on to my drone pad.

Definitely five star service.
2017-11-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Anthony566 Posted at 2017-11-16 17:13
Just wanted to follow this up with a flight test update ... six flights us under two hours flying and it fly's like a dream.

I always test RTH after caring out Firmware Update so I tested this with my repaired Mavic and it returned and landed within inches of the take off point and right on to my drone pad.

Thanks for the kind comment about our products and repair service. It's good to know you are pleased with the repair and everything works great.
Looking forward to some brilliant pictures and footage from you.
2017-11-16
Use props
djiuser_tydpSBF
New
United States

To those of you who used the DJI repair system, did you get a refurbished drone or the same one you sent in? I am worried about getting a refurb with a lot of time on the motors while mine is brand now and only needs a top cover
2017-11-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_tydpSBF Posted at 2017-11-25 18:47
To those of you who used the DJI repair system, did you get a refurbished drone or the same one you sent in? I am worried about getting a refurb with a lot of time on the motors while mine is brand now and only needs a top cover

Hi there, have you sent the drone in? Also, could you please provide me with more details about why you need to send the drone in? In most cases, we will diagnose the drone when it arrives, then confirm if it needs to be replaced or not.     
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_tydpSBF
New
United States

I accidentally crashed earlier today and caused some (apparently) minor damage. Motors, arms, gimbal, everything seems to be working and the only damage I can see is on the front/top cover but it would be worth checking the drone thoroughly. I do believe motors and such are esentiallyalmost new (purchased last month) and so a refurb might have a lot more previous use than I've given this drone

. DSC_0062.JPG DSC_0064.JPG
2017-11-25
Use props
djiuser_tydpSBF
New
United States

Made my onw thread so as not to hijack this one https://forum.dji.com/thread-121254-1-1.html
2017-11-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_tydpSBF Posted at 2017-11-26 08:02
Made my onw thread so as not to hijack this one https://forum.dji.com/thread-121254-1-1.html

Yes, have responded your own thread, please keep us updated there, thank you.
2017-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules