Weirdness in DJI Go 4 app settings
1500 15 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I've googled it and couldn't find an answer- maybe because I'm not sure how to pose the question. Anyway, I've been putzing about the settings on my Spark, and I thought I'd have a look at the wifi transmission settings page. The graph that is supposed to show interference from other signals looks the picture below.

The graph is basically all squashed together and useless. I'm guessing I need to alter a display setting somewhere. Anyone know what I need to fiddle with? I use an Acer Iconia one 10 tablet, and currently version 4.1.15, but 4.1.18 causes the same error.

Hope you can help!

Squidgy useless graph?

Squidgy useless graph?
2017-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've seen a few android devices that have the same problem with the screen rendering, I don't believe there is a fix.

Are you using OTG or wi-fi
2017-12-26
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-12-26 14:50
I've seen a few android devices have the same problem with the screen rendering, I don't believe there is a fix.

Are you using OTG or wi-fi

I'm currently using OTG and version 4.1.15 for less latency on the video feed. I've had the same results with 4.1.18 and wifi, though.

Oddly enough, my tablet is one of the DJI recommended android devices. Heh.

My suspicion is that it's something to do with the screen resolution. I've tried reducing font size to 'small' in the display settings of the tablet, but no effect.
2017-12-26
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Try to see if changing the device screen mode from landscape to portrait can help.
2017-12-26
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-26 15:12
I'm currently using OTG and version 4.1.15 for less latency on the video feed. I've had the same results with 4.1.18 and wifi, though.

Oddly enough, my tablet is one of the DJI recommended android devices. Heh.

The problem with changing the screen resolution and font size,  is that only that small section of the screen is a problem the rest of the screen renders fine, so changing those settings will affect all of the screen unfortunately

It's an app programming issue I suspect
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-26 15:12
I'm currently using OTG and version 4.1.15 for less latency on the video feed. I've had the same results with 4.1.18 and wifi, though.

Oddly enough, my tablet is one of the DJI recommended android devices. Heh.

Hi, Lis. OTG cable is not fully tested and may generate display problem. Please use wifi connection instead. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-26
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-26 23:18
Hi, Lis. OTG cable is not fully tested and may generate display problem. Please use wifi connection instead. Thanks for your support.

I actually said I could replicate the problem with wifi and 4.1.18. It's not related to the OTG.
2017-12-27
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

rimza Posted at 2017-12-26 15:43
Try to see if changing the device screen mode from landscape to portrait can help.

I tried that...it won't rotate at all. I think you're right and this could fix it. What I am going to try is installing the phone version of the app, to see if that can show the graph correctly.
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

It's something to do with the screen aspect ratio, you notice on your tablet you have two black panels on the edge of the main screen.
I think you'll find the controls fall into those black areas, on other screens with a compatible aspect ratio the controls overlay the screen.
2017-12-27
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-12-27 02:20
It's something to do with the screen aspect ratio, you notice on your tablet you have two black panels on the edge of the main screen.
I think you'll find the controls fall into those black areas, on other screens with a compatible aspect ratio the controls overlay the screen.

Do you know what a workable resolution would be? I can see if I can hack it into a different resolution for flight.
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 02:33
Do you know what a workable resolution would be? I can see if I can hack it into a different resolution for flight.

I think by changing the aspect ratio to fix this small problem, the other screens will be adversely affected. I don't know how to change the default aspect ratio, so I can't help you there.

Might be easier to use an app like Wi-Fi analyzer on your tablet to figure out what channel to use and then set it via custom in DJI Go4 as you have been doing

https://play.google.com/store/ap ... m.vrem.wifianalyzer

2017-12-27
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-12-27 04:11
I think by changing the aspect ratio to fix this small problem, the other screens will be adversely affected. I don't know how to change the default aspect ratio, so I can't help you there.

Might be easier to use an app like Wi-Fi analyzer on your tablet to figure out what channel to use and then set it via custom in DJO Go4 as you have been doing

Ill try that, thanks. Not that my tablet can read 5.8, but it's a start!
2017-12-27
Use props
lannes
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 09:18
Ill try that, thanks. Not that my tablet can read 5.8, but it's a start!

Some of the other posters are trying this, by using a 5.6ghz dongle to allow a 2.4ghz only device to connect to the RC at 5.8ghz

https://forum.dji.com/thread-126216-1-1.html
2017-12-27
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

lannes Posted at 2017-12-27 14:00
Some of the other posters are trying this, by using a 5.6ghz dongle to allow a 2.4ghz only device to connect to the RC at 5.8ghz

https://forum.dji.com/thread-126216-1-1.html

Actually, I've used the wifi app and it works perfectly well...and shows the 5.8GHz bands. Oddly enough, though, my tablet still won't connect to anything 5.8Ghz. My guess is that it's using a standard wifi chip and antenna, and the 5.8 is disabled via firmware.

Anyway, many thanks for the link, I'm sure it'll turn out useful!
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Lis Morris Posted at 2017-12-27 02:12
I actually said I could replicate the problem with wifi and 4.1.18. It's not related to the OTG.

Please export the flight data and the black box data when you have this problem with wifi connection. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-29
Use props
Lis Morris
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I'm sorry, the DJI responses are just hilarious! I attach a screenshot that can only be seen while flying on WiFi, get told not to use OTG. Then, I am asked to upload flight logs on an app display issue that happens constantly whether flying or not! Which flight log would you like? All of them? Pick one at random?

Keep up the good work, Elektra!
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules