Camera head wanders
1442 20 2017-12-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thingsgreen
New
United States

I'm having trouble with the camera wandering.  Point it straight, it wanders to the left or right.  Any ideas how to fix that?

Thank you.

2017-12-26
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 77257 ft
United States

Try calibrating the gimbal... that may take care of it... it does for me...
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. I would recommend you calibrate the gimbal first. If the problem remains, please shoot a video about the situation and post it here. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-27
Use props
thingsgreen
New
United States

jmrfoto Posted at 2017-12-26 17:22

Thank you.
2017-12-28
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

Any time!
2017-12-28
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-12-27 02:48
Hi, sir. I would recommend you calibrate the gimbal first. If the problem remains, please shoot a video about the situation and post it here. Thanks for your support.

Some of us have been waiting over a month for someone from DJI to address this. See this thread.

It would sure be nice to get this fixed. I just returned a brand new Mavic Pro for exactly the same reason, it would rotate while hovering, and wouldn't fly in a straight line, but drift off to the right (and the gimbal kept glitching)/resetting during flight).
2017-12-29
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

And now this thread.
2017-12-29
Use props
thingsgreen
New
United States

Done.  Calibrated it twice and it's still doing the same thing.  Looks like this is an on-going problem.  My camera is doing the same drifting as the one in this link  https://forum.dji.com/thread-126211-1-1.html

Please, help!
2017-12-30
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

thingsgreen Posted at 2017-12-30 09:50
Done.  Calibrated it twice and it's still doing the same thing.  Looks like this is an on-going problem.  My camera is doing the same drifting as the one in this link  https://forum.dji.com/thread-126211-1-1.html

Please, help!

Yes, we've all tried recalibrating the gimbal. It doesn't help. It's an Osmo bug which DJI needs to address and fix, but their silence on this matter is deafening.
2017-12-30
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

jmrfoto Posted at 2017-12-26 17:22

How do I add the Osmo next to my drone under my profile picture? I just got an Osmo and I'm loving it.
2017-12-31
Use props
jmrfoto
lvl.4
United States

ChasesDronePics Posted at 2017-12-31 11:26
How do I add the Osmo next to my drone under my profile picture? I just got an Osmo and I'm loving it.

As far as my experience goes that should automatically happen when you activate the product when you first fire it up.  If you bought it used / previously owned then that process has already taken place with the original owner.... just my understanding of how it works from my first-hand experience...
2017-12-31
Use props
plucker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Lots of people reporting this drifting problem (I have opened a technical case with DJI about it - just wish they would reply here - I will update the threads if I do get a response)
2017-12-31
Use props
ChasesDronePics
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198990 ft
United States

jmrfoto Posted at 2017-12-31 13:11
As far as my experience goes that should automatically happen when you activate the product when you first fire it up.  If you bought it used / previously owned then that process has already taken place with the original owner.... just my understanding of how it works from my first-hand experience...

Ok thanks, I got it used from my drone guy as well as my Mavic, so thats interesting. Thank you!
2018-1-1
Use props
plucker
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I got a response which was to return the OSMO for repair.
2018-1-1
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

plucker Posted at 2018-1-1 03:51
I got a response which was to return the OSMO for repair.

Thanks for  the update. Packing mine up for return to Amazon.
2018-1-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

thingsgreen Posted at 2017-12-30 09:50
Done.  Calibrated it twice and it's still doing the same thing.  Looks like this is an on-going problem.  My camera is doing the same drifting as the one in this link  https://forum.dji.com/thread-126211-1-1.html

Please, help!

I see. Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.
2018-1-2
Use props
Coco SoulShine
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-2 03:10
I see. Thanks for your update. I would forward it to our engineers for further check.

Hi. I'm new to DJI gear and this forum so pls forgive me if I'm posing a question you've had enough of.

I see a lot of complaints about the drifting or panning. Is there any chance or hope that DJI will provide the OSMO+ with the same Active Tracking function that the OSMO Mobile is blessed with?  Regardless of firmware updates and recalibrations, would this not help resolve the problem of drifting/panning?

In any case, I don't understand why this function is available with a cheaper model and not carried through to the upgraded (and significantly more costly)  gear. I would even pay for an extra  in-app purchase for it.
2018-1-2
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
United States

And now this thread also.
2018-1-2
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coco SoulShine Posted at 2018-1-2 08:36
Hi. I'm new to DJI gear and this forum so pls forgive me if I'm posing a question you've had enough of.

I see a lot of complaints about the drifting or panning. Is there any chance or hope that DJI will provide the OSMO+ with the same Active Tracking function that the OSMO Mobile is blessed with?  Regardless of firmware updates and recalibrations, would this not help resolve the problem of drifting/panning?

Sorry that Osmo plus can not support Active Tracking because of system limitation. It may cause transmission lag as it connects phone with wifi. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-1-3
Use props
Coco SoulShine
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-3 03:39
Sorry that Osmo plus can not support Active Tracking because of system limitation. It may cause transmission lag as it connects phone with wifi. Thanks for your understanding.

Darn. Maybe--hopefully-- someday the developers will figure how to resolve that because it would take the OSMO+ to a whole other level of awesome. Thanks for the response!
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Coco SoulShine Posted at 2018-1-3 07:16
Darn. Maybe--hopefully-- someday the developers will figure how to resolve that because it would take the OSMO+ to a whole other level of awesome. Thanks for the response!
Thanks for your attention. Hope it can be optimized someday.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules