No warrianty for DJI Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery???
1937 21 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183806 ft
Hungary

[size=14.6667px]It seems, the answer will be no?
[size=14.6667px]DJI doesn't give warrianty for his Phantom Intelligent Flight Battery? ! ?

[size=14.6667px]The story is: The original battery of my new P3SE stopped to work after 2 mounts usage.
[size=14.6667px]I readed after sales policy of DJI, and analyzed the limitation, but haven't fund any point which would say that I have no warrianty.
[size=14.6667px]Policy say for warrianty period:
[size=14.6667px]Battery - 6 Months and Charge Cycle less than 200 Times​

[size=14.6667px]So I went to online support site, recorded all the requested data, and followed the instruction, sended the battery to the adress given by the support side, to Germany.
[size=14.6667px]After two weeks, today a get mail from DJI Support, which says:
[size=14.6667px]I have to pay 184,7 Euro bank feesmust be covered by customer
Remark: "no warranty - defective, non european battery // after repair/replacement, faulty unit or parts will not be returned"

[size=14.6667px]What?
[size=14.6667px]Why is no warranty?
[size=14.6667px]Defective? Of course it is defective, that's why I sended back to service!
[size=14.6667px]Non european? Of course it is non european, it is Chinese, as all other part of phantom is non european, but chinese!

[size=14.6667px]This is an original DJI Phantom 3 Intelligent Flight Battery[size=14.6667px], what was arrived with the P3SE. I have the photos of it:
Battery Identification.jpg
[size=14.6667px]How is it possible, that there is no warranty for this product of DJI? ! ?

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Can anyone help me what can I do in this situation?
2018-1-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Looks just like my P3 battery which came with my P3 AC NIB
2018-1-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Where dis you purchase the drone from.
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-17 12:11
Where dis you purchase the drone from.

I bought it through Geekbuying.
2018-1-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-17 12:19
I bought it through Geekbuying.

DJI don’t do an international warranty as far as I know so if it’snot from the region your in they won’t honour the warrenty
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-17 12:30
DJI don’t do an international warranty as far as I know so if it’snot from the region your in they won’t honour the warrenty

It's interesting. Or sad. So I doesn't have warranty at all?
Geekbuying has warehauses in Europe as well. That's why I ordered my drone trough them.
Finally they delivered from China, not from England. I wasn't happy, had to pay extra dutty and tax.
And I lose the warranty? Is that fair? Is that advertised anywhere?
2018-1-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

I’ve never used DJI warranty so I’m just going off what I’ve read in other threads, if you search I’m sure you will find a lot more info than I would be able to provide on the subject, or even pm one of the mods.
2018-1-17
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

This thread contains a link to the official dji warranty policy see post no 5 https://forum.dji.com/thread-117264-1-1.html
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-17 12:47
I’ve never used DJI warranty so I’m just going off what I’ve read in other threads, if you search I’m sure you will find a lot more info than I would be able to provide on the subject, or even pm one of the mods.

Anyway, thank you for your answer, and your time! If this limitation would be advertised, or told by online support site I would not spend 26 Euro extra to send the defective DJI product to the service
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

AlanHd Posted at 2018-1-17 12:49
This thread contains a link to the official dji warranty policy see post no 5 https://forum.dji.com/thread-117264-1-1.html

I see, After Sales Policy says:
"Please note that the warranty service is only available in the respective DJI service regions where you purchased your DJI product."

May be I would have to send my battery to China, because the distributor have delivered it from there? But in this case why told me the online support site to send it to Germany?
Or this declaration means, that I have warranty only if a live in the same region from where the distributor deliver the product?
2018-1-17
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sadly - this is actually more common than you think.

Sellers advertising and selling in regions and then shipping in from China. The serial number of the items tells the Service Centre if purchased in the region, due to inventory listings.

You should have gone back to GEEKBUYING in fact as the seller. It is always prudent to approach seller first as they have the primary obligation to customer.

Nigel
2018-1-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

The language of the warranty on lipos might be affected by the laws of certain countries.  For example, it's illegal to ship a lipo out of the USA.  
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. Per the SN you offered, it is the Chinese version which is only available in China Mainland market. Due to the non-global warranty, we're sorry the EU local team can not offer you the warranty service. You may consider to send it in to China Mainland for warranty claim. Regarding the online chat you mentioned, just to verify, did you use the same email address registered in the case number to contact our support? Did you offer your SN at that time? Please help us confirm, we'd like to check the exact status and aviod similar confusion in the future. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.
2018-1-17
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-17 22:39
Hi there, I'm sorry for the inconvenience first. Per the SN you offered, it is the Chinese version which is only available in China Mainland market. Due to the non-global warranty, we're sorry the EU local team can not offer you the warranty service. You may consider to send it in to China Mainland for warranty claim. Regarding the online chat you mentioned, just to verify, did you use the same email address registered in the case number to contact our support? Did you offer your SN at that time? Please help us confirm, we'd like to check the exact status and aviod similar confusion in the future. Thanks for your cooperation and understanding.

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your answer.
Regarding your question, yes I use always the same email address to identify myself. I used it even at the starting of the case, and it worked, the online support site recognized me and automatically offered the serial number of my drone. That's why is strange for me, that it asked me to send the battery to Germany.

As you say I have the chance, that if I send the defective product to support in China I can get service under warranty? Will the European support send me back my battery? How will  I get the address where I have to send?
If I pay for second delivery, what is the probablity that Chinese service will decline my request because I'm in Europe?
Europien service can not send my battery, or the result of investigation to Chinese collegues?
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-18 11:40
Hi Susan,

Thank you for your answer.

Sir, double checked, did you contact our online chat or just start a online case by yourself? If it is the latter, it will offer the nearest service center automatically according to your address, please kindly note. As for the warranty claim in China Mainland, it is suggested to offer a Chinese Mainland address for receiving/delivering the package. Whether the claim is declined or not depends on the damage assessment result of designated service center, please kindly understand. Also, you need to send it in to China Mainland at your own cost, please kindly check whether your Chinese friends can help or not.
2018-1-18
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 18:24
Sir, double checked, did you contact our online chat or just start a online case by yourself? If it is the latter, it will offer the nearest service center automatically according to your address, please kindly note. As for the warranty claim in China Mainland, it is suggested to offer a Chinese Mainland address for receiving/delivering the package. Whether the claim is declined or not depends on the damage assessment result of designated service center, please kindly understand. Also, you need to send it in to China Mainland at your own cost, please kindly check whether your Chinese friends can help or not.

Dear Madam, thank you very much again that you spend time to deal with my case!
Yes, I can confirm, I used only the online support site, I had tought it will lead me to the best place.
I had to give all the data about may purchase, so I had the feeling, my case will be in good hand.
Just to prevent others from having similar problems, if the online support site is not able to route the customers to appropriate service center based on your registry of products, please place a warning on surface, that customer has to do a doublecheck, which region is responsible for warranty service.

I fully understand, that the fate ot the case depends on the damage assessment result. I have a question just because as you know, I already sended the faulty DJI product to Germany, but I  still doesn't have damage assestment. Can you help me please,  to understand if I have to do any futher check before I pay for second delivery ? Is it neccessary and possible to ask for a feedback from China  that they will do the damage assestment for me on warranty basis?

Last question - sorry that I'm so problematic. Which way can I get back my battery? The repair progress inquery site doesn't give me any interactive communication possibility, and I haven't got any direct communication channel to the service department. Do you propose me to try the online chat, and give instuctions about my case trough that channel?
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-19 11:54
Dear Madam, thank you very much again that you spend time to deal with my case!
Yes, I can confirm, I used only the online support site, I had tought it will lead me to the best place.
I had to give all the data about may purchase, so I had the feeling, my case will be in good hand.

Thanks for your suggestion. Generally, I'll recommend to contact our support first before starting a online case: https://www.dji.com/support
Regarding the damage assessment, it requires to send to the designated service center(in your case, it is the China Mainland Service Center). Sorry about this.
And for the return without repair, I've forwarded to the designated team to take care, they will arrange return in the coming working days.
2018-1-19
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 19:49
Thanks for your suggestion. Generally, i'll recommend to contact our support first before starting a online case: https://www.dji.com/support
Regarding the damage assessment, it requires to send to the designated service center(in your case, it is the China Mainland Service Center). Sorry about this.
And for the return without repair, I've forwarded to the designated team to take care, they will arrange return in the coming working days.

I'm very thankful for your intervention, I got today the notification, that battery comes back to me.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-22 10:06
I'm very thankful for your intervention, I got today the notification, that battery comes back to me.

You are welcome. Hope you will receive it soon.
2018-1-22
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-22 19:23
You are welcome. Hope you will receive it soon.

Yes I received it today.
I see, that "online repair request" is only available for Europe and USA.
So I chated with online support to get information, wich way can I send my battery to China Mainland service.
They told me after 15 minute sourcing for information, It is better if I write an email to support@dji.com, it is other department, and can tell me how is possible to send to China.
I try this now
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PhantomFlyer3SE Posted at 2018-1-24 14:40
Yes I received it today.
I see, that "online repair request" is only available for Europe and USA.
So I chated with online support to get information, wich way can I send my battery to China Mainland service.

Sir, please check my reply in 15#. For the warranty claim in China Mainland, it is suggested to offer a Chinese Mainland address for receiving/delivering the package. If you have friends in China Mainland, you can ship the unit to them and let them help you proceed the online repair progress as the website language is Chinese: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The China Mainland Service Center does not receive any overseas package directly, please kindly note. Hope the above make it clear.
2018-1-24
Use props
PhantomFlyer3SE
lvl.2
Hungary

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-24 23:35
Sir, please check my reply in 15#. For the warranty claim in China Mainland, it is suggested to offer a Chinese Mainland address for receiving/delivering the package. If you have friends in China Mainland, you can ship the unit to them and let them help you proceed the online repair progress as the website language is Chinese: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index The China Mainland Service Center does not receive any overseas package directly, please kindly note. Hope the above make it clear.

Oh, that wasn't clear for me, but now I already  understand.
There are 1400 million Chinese, at least one friend must come to me to
2018-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules