1993 24 2018-1-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tompahr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1653848 ft
Croatia

Hi DJI!
I have Phantom 2 and the new Phantom 4Pro +. I wonder if I can expect the version of GS Pro for P4P + or do I have to buy another remote control and iOS device?
Tom

2018-1-22
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

The +RC is a modified Android system, unless some miracles has happened lately, GS Pro is only running on IOS and you can't connect other devices to the +RC,. So yes you would need the regular RC, GL300F and a IOS device.
Even if they had ported GS Pro to Android, it wouldn't run on the +RC as things stands now.
2018-1-22
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

Yes, KedDK,  I know that, but question for DJI, is there any chance to put out +RC version in this century?
2018-1-22
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

That would be nice for me as well. I mean, the P4P+ has the same capabilities of the P4P, it's just the software that runs in the device that changes, not even the RC! Is incredible how DJI is giving priority to third party stuffs and not to its hardware.
2018-1-22
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

It's hard to believe that they can not adapt the application to work on P4P+ RC !!! It is easier for me to believe that for some reason they do not want to do it.
2018-1-22
Use props
iFoxRomeo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1094856 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just out of curiosity. Did someone try to connect an iPad to a "+" Controller?

Fox
2018-1-22
Use props
tompahr
lvl.4
Croatia

You can not connect absolutely nothing to "+" RC !!! "+" RC has its great advantages but is completely "closed" for connecting with other devices and software.
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Tom, this request has been forwarded to our engineers. Hopefully they will consider this in the near future.
2018-1-26
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

iFoxRomeo Posted at 2018-1-22 10:39
Just out of curiosity. Did someone try to connect an iPad to a "+" Controller?

Fox

If you do that, the iPad/phone is recognized as external storage with no content.
But would be nice if DJI open up for the USB connector to accept an iPad to be used with
GS Pro.
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-26 01:47
If you do that, the iPad/phone is recognized as external storage with no content.
But would be nice if DJI open up for the USB connector to accept an iPad to be used with
GS Pro.

Agreed or for that matter other apps for mapping etc., as the manual state:
"Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight."
But we + owners has no choice ...
2018-1-26
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 02:58
Agreed or for that matter other apps for mapping etc., as the manual state:
"Be sure to use the DJI GO TM 4 app or other apps compatible with DJI aircraft during flight."
But we + owners has no choice ...

Yea it's a bit sad that DJI don't care about giving us + owners the same
opportunity as the none + owner have!

Anyway.. I knew what I was going int to when buying the +-edition, so I
can't complain..
2018-1-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-1-26 03:58
Yea it's a bit sad that DJI don't care about giving us + owners the same
opportunity as the none + owner have!

Sure you can, almost every post made for more than a year you will see Adm answers like in #8 or even worse, "Not yet"/"currently not"/"not at the moment" so we should expect that something get improved at certain points.

I actually thought you had a non +, i noticed your first video post and it look like a Phone on the RC. is it an Obsidian+ ?
2018-1-26
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-1-26 04:20
Sure you can, almost every post made for more than a year you will see Adm answers like in #8 or even worse, "Not yet"/"currently not"/"not at the moment" so we should expect that something get improved at certain points.

I actually thought you had a non +, i noticed your first video post and it look like a Phone on the RC. is it an Obsidian+ ?

Ahh..
Yea.. Its an Obsidian + edition KedDK
2018-1-26
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 00:33
Hey Tom, this request has been forwarded to our engineers. Hopefully they will consider this in the near future.

Hey Susan, on depending what time scale, for instance, 2020 is more than "near future"...it is almost immediate.
Could you tell us, owners of P4P+ with these and other lacking elements, what is DJI's estimated service lifetime for P4P+ so we could have a more accurate and informationally useful idea of when this "consideration" may occur ?
And a final question and favor please, when such "consideration" will occur, or if happened in the meantime, will anyone from DJI have the bravery but necessary honestity to let us know, the users, which is or was the result of your engineers "consideration" ??? Perhaps "yes", perhaps "no"
2018-1-27
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-26 00:33

i'm new user for p4p+ v2, i buy it for mapping but i find the p4p+ v2 can not work with any 3rd party app, i install the pix4d, drone harmony , drone deploy. but i cannot connect it to my aircraft.
i search the gspro for p4p+ v2 but i find it working wit ios.\
any idea or news???????
2018-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

soultannaim Posted at 2018-10-25 21:31
i'm new user for p4p+ v2, i buy it for mapping but i find the p4p+ v2 can not work with any 3rd party app, i install the pix4d, drone harmony , drone deploy. but i cannot connect it to my aircraft.
i search the gspro for p4p+ v2 but i find it working wit ios.\
any idea or news???????

I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P+ V2.0 does not support GS Pro for now. If you need it for mapping, I'm afraid that you may use the RC without a built-in screen, sorry about this.
2018-10-26
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-26 23:24
I'm sorry to tell you that the P4P+ V2.0 does not support GS Pro for now. If you need it for mapping, I'm afraid that you may use the RC without a built-in screen, sorry about this.

Dji susan how i can use gs pro with p4p+ v2
2018-10-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

soultannaim Posted at 2018-10-27 03:32

You can't.
To use mapping programs, you would need to but a non+ controller and a tablet.
If you particularly want to run GS Pro, you would have to buy an iPad.
2018-10-27
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

In realese note  i read
Added support gs pro
2018-10-27
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

soultannaim Posted at 2018-10-27 04:17
In realese note  i read
Added support gs pro

Could you please post a link ?
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

soultannaim Posted at 2018-10-27 03:32

I'm afraid not. For the compatibility, just to verify, do you refer to the release note of P4P V2.0? https://forum.dji.com/thread-168758-1-1.html
If yes, I'm sorry that it is not for the built-in screen, if you need this feature, you may use the Standard RC and iPad to check.
2018-10-29
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

I just updated also and saw the same release note indicating it added support for gs pro. It really would be nice if DJI would make this a priority, as a surveyor i purchased the p4p+ to fly along a predetermined flight plan so without the ability to do that I have a expensive paper weight. Would Dji at least be willing to send a controller compatible with flight planning software? Susan?
2018-10-30
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

I buy new rc for my p4p v2, but I can't connect my aircraft to new rc????
2018-11-1
Use props
soultannaim
lvl.1
Lebanon

2018-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

soultannaim Posted at 11-1 10:58

2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules