Anyone with the P3 with extra battery had a shipping confirmation?
2132 13 2015-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Since people are starting to get shipping confirmations Im curious if they have notified anyone that had ordered the bundle with extra battery if their P3 has shipped yet?   
2015-4-27
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Don't hold your breath. Customer Service chat told me mid-May for the extra battery package. I believe they said it was for the "packaging" whatever that means.

If that is the case, I wish they'd ship them separately when ready. Or, just throw it in the Phantom box, I'd take my chances!
2015-4-27
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

Very odd, this. You order an upgraded (i.e., more expensive) package and end up having to wait longer. Oh well, ain't nothing any of us can do about this except wait.

I agree that they could ship the extra battery later rather than holding up delivery of the P3.
2015-4-27
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

I emailed them and am asking if they just cant ship my phantom to me when its time, and then ship me the battery when it does arrive and Ill pay extra for shipping.  I ordered the package before I realized they had 2 different shipping dates, then I changed my order to the Pro model with battery but should have just changed it to the pro model. They even let me keep my que in line.
2015-4-27
Use props
Rothgarr
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470663 ft
United States

Funny, when I asked if I could "downgrade" to the non-extra battery Pro model they suggested I keep the order as-is so that I wouldn't lose my place in line...

But yeah, I'd also be happy to pay the extra shipping at this point to get the bird now and the battery later...
2015-4-27
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Hell Id be willing to have them just ship my phantom now without battery and call my order complete lol.  Bonus for DJI
2015-4-27
Use props
maxtam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 205633 ft
Hong Kong

all ordered with extra battery option are now regreting.............
2015-4-27
Use props
amstaff_loyalty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 546752 ft
Sweden

1 bat. Delivery Late April
2 bat. Delivery Mid May, that goes for both the unit and the extra battery
Pretty obvious, it really stated that when you ordered..
2015-4-27
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2

United States

Do we know cost of addition battery.. Most of us wont be stopping at 2.. be good to know.
2015-4-27
Use props
brad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66824 ft
  • >>>
United States

There's a decent chance the reason for the delay is a shipping logistical one. Often air carriers have strict limits on volumes of LiPo batteries  being shipped. Odds are the ones with the extra batteries are already on an oceanliner on the way to a California port. The single battery models probably have little enough volume so they can be shipped air freight - for instance, my preorder is being shown as shipped FedEx direct from China - due to arrive Wed. (on the East coast)
2015-4-27
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

brad@nsls.tv Posted at 2015-4-28 00:46
There's a decent chance the reason for the delay is a shipping logistical one. Often air carriers ha ...

Makes sense to me.  But wouldn't you send them acceptable batches by air?  Daily?  Just a thought
2015-4-27
Use props
Dataway
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17152 ft
United States

it looks like DJI is shipping the Phantom 3 with extra battery also

http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... batt-shipped.39478/
2015-4-27
Use props
chrisfromalbany
lvl.2