Phantom 3 4K - "Command timeout" on every aircraft command
2670 8 2018-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbef6fd77
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft

Brazil

Same issue here. I updated the firmware 2 months ago, flew a couple times flawlessly and then had a brake of about 3 weeks and the issue started.

I turn AC and Radio on then open DJI Go App, camera connects, AC warms up fine, AC lights blink green, app says "Ready to Go"  yet..

ALL COMMANDS TIME OUT. Can't take off, can't set max altitude, can't change flight mode, can't set max distance. I've already tried:

- use different devices (Android and iOS);
- clear app cache and data on different devices (Android and iOS);
- reinstall the app on different devices (Android and iOS);
- relink the radio.

This is the info on the "about" menu:

DJI Go App version: 1.5.40+
AC Firmware version: 3.1.11
Flight Controller Serial No.: N/A

At first I'd get no GPS signal even outdoors in wide open areas away from WiFi, radio antennas, electrical wires and etc. Then I opened the AC, disconnected the GPS module and started the AC without it. I expected it to throw some kind of "GPS module error" on the app, but it didn't change the behavior. Still goes on, still warms up, connects to the radio, to the app, image shows up fine, can control the gimbal angle, record and take pictures, but every control relative to the AC times out. I reassembled it and now I'm able to get GPS signal, but it still won't take any AC commands.

Is there any debugging software or debug logging mode I can use to get any clearer info on this?

2018-2-5
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Not clear on your startup sequence, but proper sequence is controller, ac, open app etc. Try force closing the app, and any other flight apps you may have on your phone/tablet. Force closing thorough the settings menu has clear up occasional  hiccups I"ve had on startup.
2018-2-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

You can try "plane mode " to avoid internal process from others apps
2018-2-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, can the drone been started by CSC without APP? If not, I'm afraid that you may consider to send it in.
2018-2-5
Use props
fansbef6fd77
lvl.1

Brazil

stuka75 Posted at 2018-2-5 09:14
Not clear on your startup sequence, but proper sequence is controller, ac, open app etc. Try force closing the app, and any other flight apps you may have on your phone/tablet. Force closing thorough the settings menu has clear up occasional  hiccups I"ve had on startup.

I've tried all of that. Nothing changes the outcome.
2018-2-6
Use props
fansbef6fd77
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-5 23:07
Hi there, just to verify, can the drone been started by CSC without APP? If not, I'm afraid that you may consider to send it in.

CSC isn't working as well. I've been able to CSC one time since it started, but it was pretty random. I had been trying to get it to take off for more than an hour, then it suddenly started responding. I flew it for around 5 minutes, then it started behaving erratically, like it was constantly losing/locking radio signal.
2018-2-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansbef6fd77 Posted at 2018-2-6 07:26
CSC isn't working as well. I've been able to CSC one time since it started, but it was pretty random. I had been trying to get it to take off for more than an hour, then it suddenly started responding. I flew it for around 5 minutes, then it started behaving erratically, like it was constantly losing/locking radio signal.

Sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-2-9
Use props
Indiana Djanho
lvl.1

Brazil

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-2-9 01:40
Sorry about this. Please kindly start a case and send it in: https://www.dji.com/support

Hi Susan!

I just went over the support page and I guess the easy way would be submitting a Repair Request, right? Thing is I live in Brazil and requesting it online is not available here.

Luckily there is a Recommended Service Center in my city (Curitiba, Brazil). Best case scenario, they can repair it; but if not, will they be able to replace the aircraft?

Thanks in advance.
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Indiana Djanho Posted at 2018-2-9 04:45
Hi Susan!

I just went over the support page and I guess the easy way would be submitting a Repair Request, right? Thing is I live in Brazil and requesting it online is not available here.

Thanks for getting back to us. Please try to contact the dealers to see whether they can help. Generally, the dealers will report in dealer system if they cannot handle it, the designated team will take care.
2018-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules