591 11 2018-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dldp-sp
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1065902 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have this problem with sections of my camera footage producing corrupt data. This has only happenend twice and, both times it was in footage I was not going to use but still a bit concerning. Both times it was when using the DJI 15mm lens. Anyone else see anything like this before?

Regards,
Tom
2018-3-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Tom, sorry to see this, is this footage from SD card or SSD card? What is the model of your SD card or SSD card? Any chance to share us the original footage?
2018-3-9
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-9 01:26
Hello Tom, sorry to see this, is this footage from SD card or SSD card? What is the model of your SD card or SSD card? Any chance to share us the original footage?

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the original footage from the SD card. All I have is the converted footage from FCPX but, I do remember looking at it straight from the GO 4 app when the card was still in the Inspire 2. Here is a photo of the SD card. Here is the dropbox link to one of the corrupt files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzgtlj2l6fw3a5p/Untitled%20Compound%20Clip.mov?dl=0dl=0

Thanks again and best regards,
Tom
2018-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-3-9 02:49
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the original footage from the SD card. All I have is the converted footage from FCPX but, I do remember looking at it straight from the GO 4 app when the card was still in the Inspire 2. Here is a photo of the SD card. [view_image] Here is the dropbox link to one of the corrupt files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzgtlj2l6fw3a5p/Untitled%20Compound%20Clip.mov?dl=0dl=0

I'm so sorry for the late response because of the weekend, but when I click the link I got the error ''We can’t find what you’re looking for.'' Could you please verify the link again? Thank you.
2018-3-12
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-12 23:49
I'm so sorry for the late response because of the weekend, but when I click the link I got the error ''We can’t find what you’re looking for.'' Could you please verify the link again? Thank you.

Sorry Mindy,

Try this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzgtlj ... und%20Clip.mov?dl=0
2018-3-18
Use props
epicjib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3016060 ft
  • >>>
Canada

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-3-9 02:49
Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. I don't have the original footage from the SD card. All I have is the converted footage from FCPX but, I do remember looking at it straight from the GO 4 app when the card was still in the Inspire 2. Here is a photo of the SD card. [view_image] Here is the dropbox link to one of the corrupt files. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xzgtlj2l6fw3a5p/Untitled%20Compound%20Clip.mov?dl=0dl=0

Hi Tom you are using a U1 Micro SD ? That may not meet the guaranteed write speeds as it is only good for 10MB/s. I think the I2 requires a U3 at 30MB/s and the I2 writes at 100Mbps/s so that's 12.5MB/s.
2018-3-19
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

epicjib Posted at 2018-3-19 02:40
Hi Tom you are using a U1 Micro SD ? That may not meet the guaranteed write speeds as it is only good for 10MB/s. I think the I2 requires a U3 at 30MB/s and the I2 writes at 100Mbps/s so that's 12.5MB/s.

I guess that is a possibility but, I have been using that card for sometime now with no issues. I'll try to find one of the recommended SD cards and see what happens but, it is very rare that it does happen. I just fear that one of these times it will happen in footage I want to use.

Thanks for the reply and best regards,
Tom
2018-3-20
Use props
RobAlbania
lvl.4
Albania

Hi Tom,

Yes, your SD card is too slow for the data rate being written to it by the Inspire 2.
The card you are using is OK for static images, but not for video.  
You need a UHS-3 SD card for video on the Inspire 2, see this thread:

https://forum.dji.com/thread-111747-1-1.html

Best,
Rob
2018-3-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-3-18 23:29
Sorry Mindy,

Try this link.

Hi Tom, I apologize again for my late response, just came back from holiday, the footage will be forwarded to our engineers for analysis, I will let you know once I get any feedback, thanks.
2018-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Tom, thanks for your patience, our engineers have analyzed the footage and like epicjib and Rob mentioned, the speed of Micro SD card is too slow, please try SD card with higher speed to see if the issue persists, thank you.
2018-3-28
Use props
dldp-sp
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-3-28 23:04
Hi Tom, thanks for your patience, our engineers have analyzed the footage and like epicjib and Rob mentioned, the speed of Micro SD card is too slow, please try SD card with higher speed to see if the issue persists, thank you.

Ok thanks Mindy,

I'll pick up a faster one and see what happens. It's not really a big problem because it only happens once in a while. I'm just concerned that one day it will happen during some footage I want to use.

Best regards,
Tom
2018-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

dldp-sp Posted at 2018-3-28 23:12
Ok thanks Mindy,

I'll pick up a faster one and see what happens. It's not really a big problem because it only happens once in a while. I'm just concerned that one day it will happen during some footage I want to use.

I understand, so please change another SD card just in case the issue happens to some important footage, please keep us updated if the issue appears again.
2018-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules