1183 12 2018-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I had several gimble/camera resets but today saw something new - gimble has gone rogue but camera continue filming - I was thinking I crash some smal beast but visual inspection after (sucsesful) flight shows no visual signs?

All's well when ends well

2018-3-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That looks weird indeed.
2018-3-10
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That does look strange and a bit of a worry, hopefully a temporary glitch that has reset itself.
2018-3-10
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Looks like what I had.

mavic glitch
2018-3-10
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

When I think about it might be something simmilarhappenet already last August, so not to worry

2018-3-10
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happened to me again today. Must be a fw bug... very common.
2018-4-12
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-12 17:30
This happened to me again today. Must be a fw bug... very common.

The best part is that happened very infrequently - for nearly a year it happened to me like less than 10 times (times to remember )
2018-4-12
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

alex_markov Posted at 2018-4-12 21:36
The best part is that happened very infrequently - for nearly a year it happened to me like less than 10 times (times to remember  )

Back when it first happened I purchased a ribbon cable and prepared to replace it; then I kept reading of others having the gimble reset issues so I put it off... most likely replacing it would not have fixed it.

My usual reaction is to hover in place and lower altitude until it is over (fear struck a bit)... then land and swap out the battery. After that I do a gimble recenter and then calibrate the gimble. Restart AC / RC and iPad. Not sure if this actually helps but I wanted to clear it before someone suggested it. IMU or a Compass calibration would have no impact that I am aware of on the gimble function.

What do others do when this happens?
2018-4-13
Use props
Rottyman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20561 ft
United States

I had this same problem (little worse) after day 1 of owning my drone.  I sent it to DJI and they are trying to charge me $230 (now reduced to $161) for NON WARRANTY work.  Doesn't help your issue, but hopefully, you don't send it to DJI expecting them to fix it for free.  Eventually, my Gimbal failed and DJI is trying to charge me for non warranty work.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... G5BeBnmgD3e3E9/view
2018-4-13
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-4-13 02:03
Back when it first happened I purchased a ribbon cable and prepared to replace it; then I kept reading of others having the gimble reset issues so I put it off... most likely replacing it would not have fixed it.

My usual reaction is to hover in place and lower altitude until it is over (fear struck a bit)... then land and swap out the battery. After that I do a gimble recenter and then calibrate the gimble. Restart AC / RC and iPad. Not sure if this actually helps but I wanted to clear it before someone suggested it. IMU or a Compass calibration would have no impact that I am aware of on the gimble function.

Better Just stop do not go down - best is to see where You heading
2018-4-13
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>

Same thing happened to me today. Only went wacky when I started recording. Just updated firmware to latest version.
2018-4-22
Use props
Anom3
lvl.2
Poland

Looks like a gimbal reset mid-flight.

Common issue, although I don't have it (knock on wood, maybe I will one day...).

Its either firmware related or hardward, who knows. Like I said, I do full batteries without having this happen even once....
2018-4-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

2 days ago I had it twice in two flights - go figure, for near a year and 1300 km. i had it around 10 times and ina day twice
It is hw related - befor exchange of core board when it hapened it was brief les than 20 seconds recovery, after, recovery take near a minute
2018-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules