3305 15 2015-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andrelundin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1060 ft
Sweden

Got my P3A last week, certainly stoked.
Got an invoice from DHL this week, 365 USD import fee tax, not so stoked anymore.

Anyone else got a ridicolous import fee?

If I knew this before I would have bought it from a retailer since that would've been cheaper..
2015-5-18
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

Inform DJI afaik reading of this and other forums they'll provide to solve the "problem".

2015-5-18
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Sweden

bactrimforte Posted at 2015-5-18 17:03
Inform DJI afaik reading of this and other forums they'll provide to solve the "problem".

Ok, cheers.
I sent an email to sales@dji.com about the issue, hope they can help me solve this.

And hopefully I won't get a similar invoice after the extra battery arrives!..
2015-5-18
Use props
nr.kyborg
lvl.3

Denmark

I think this is normal when you order outside EU
2015-5-18
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

http://forum.dji.com/thread-5128-1-1.html
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... s-and-duties.13693/
2015-5-18
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Sweden

nr.kyborg Posted at 2015-5-18 17:44
I think this is normal when you order outside EU

It might be normal for some companies, but according to DJI's Shipping & Delivery FAQ:

"3. Will my parcel be charged customs and import charges?
You don't need to pay any VAT or duty tax. However, some local shipping agents may try to charge you for this. If you encounter this situation, please DO NOT pay them, and contact our online sales support at onlinesales@dji.com. We will follow up to you."

So hopefully they can sort this out in a spiffy.
2015-5-18
Use props
schoug
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72582 ft
Sweden

andrelundin@me. Posted at 2015-5-18 19:30
It might be normal for some companies, but according to DJI's Shipping & Delivery FAQ:

"3. Will m ...

Hi,
Received my p3a last Monday but no invoice from DHL.
Also ordered the hard case and extra batteries.

Dji has stated several times that you will only pay the actual price of the Phantom. No tax,no import fee nothing.

Please let me know after you have contacted DJI. I will keep an eye in my mailbox if anything shows up.
Btw, did Dhl invoice you in USD or you recalculated the amount from SEK?
2015-5-18
Use props
jdwebb
lvl.1

United States

In the US, DHL nor any other shipping company and add an "import tax". It is taxation without representation. A tax cannot be applied to the price of anything unless it is an excise or sales tax collected by the federal government or state. Any kind of import fee would have to be paid by the retailer, now if they choose to pass it on to the consumer in the price of the goods, thats their prerogative, but they can't call it a tax.
2015-5-18
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

jdwebb Posted at 2015-5-19 08:31
In the US, DHL nor any other shipping company and add an "import tax". It is taxation without repres ...

@jdwebb: if you buy US from US yes but excise could be applied if you buy RTW (rest of the world) from US. Same here in Italy, for normal people, not commercial activities, the price showed is the final price. But if you buy from outside EU excise could be applied.
(Not only, I bought here in Italy because we have 2 year warranty from the reseller, it's the law. Not working from stuff bought outside.)
2015-5-19
Use props
PublicRealtor
lvl.2

United States

I'm from the USA. I thought Europe was big on "free trade".
2015-5-19
Use props
knicholas194
lvl.2

United States

I got slapped with a "Foreign Transaction Fee" from Bank of America when my Phantom 3 arrived - $37.77
It wasn't nearly as high as yours, but still.
2015-5-19
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Sweden

schoug@gmail.co Posted at 2015-5-19 02:33
Hi,
Received my p3a last Monday but no invoice from DHL.
Also ordered the hard case and extra batt ...

Hey there mate,

DHL invoiced me in SEK, I just recalculated to USD for easier reference to rest of the community.

DJI responded to my ticket after about 24 hours saying I shouldn't pay, and I need not worry about the invoice, they would take care of it.

So, looks like they step up for these occurrences.
Good to know for when the second batch of batteries starts shipping.

Cheers
2015-5-27
Use props
bactrimforte
lvl.2

Italy

So the references I wrote were right. Good news!
2015-5-27
Use props
andrelundin
lvl.1
Sweden

bactrimforte Posted at 2015-5-27 21:13
So the references I wrote were right. Good news!

Absolutely, cheers mate!
2015-5-28
Use props
Brocky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9433032 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just bought $4,300 worth of p4p and accessories from dji china direct. It was delivered by dhl in just over one week via Hong Kong - Cairns, didn't pay a cent aust import fees
2016-12-22
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Brocky Posted at 2016-12-22 19:58
I just bought $4,300 worth of p4p and accessories from dji china direct. It was delivered by dhl in just over one week via Hong Kong - Cairns, didn't pay a cent aust import fees

You were lucky, you should have been stung for 10% in GST as the import was in excess of the $1000 limit.
2016-12-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules