Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

2018-7-30
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

This looks really bad and I am very sorry for your crash!
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Mavic Pro. Since this issue happened please contact DJI Support at www.dji.com/support or you can send an email to support@dji.com for further help on this issue. Please sync the flight records as well using your DJI Go 4 application for further analysis.
2018-7-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the additional information. Rest assured that once we receive your DJI Mavic Pro. It will be assessed properly and you will be notified of the updates as well.
2018-7-30
Use props
escore
Second Officer
Flight distance : 775568 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch! Looks bad! Sounds like it could be a sensor error.
2018-7-30
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

Very sorry to hear this. Thanks for your kind sharing and let’s hope that you can get back to fly soon.
2018-7-30
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Sorry for your crash,
It certainly did a job on your MP.
Hopefully DJI will replace it as soon as possible so you can get back to flying.
2018-7-30
Use props
maddox
Captain

sorry to read the buddy
2018-7-30
Use props
pinkmenprints
lvl.4
Singapore

OMG looks really bad
2018-7-30
Use props
ALLEN YIP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 402890 ft
Hong Kong

oh my god buddy, try to contact DJI with yr flight log let's see any compensation from DJI
2018-7-31
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow that is one seriously beaten up drone, send it in for repair. Hope to see you back in the air in due course.
2018-7-31
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow that was some impact I hope you get it sorted, not sure they can repair that...... Good luck :-)
2018-7-31
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

Wow that sucks hope you are back flying soon
2018-7-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

That Mavic is f'erd up bad. Seems a lot of people are having problems. Good luck with your new one and hopefully DJI will send you another one and you will have 2 or sell one.
2018-7-31
Use props
TomWolves
lvl.4
Flight distance : 110577 ft
United States

Hedsic, bummer you crashed. Just for the future, I never leave my props attached to the motors when I store, or not going to use the mavic Pro for awhile. If I know I am going to use it the next day I do leave them on. My opinion is that if you leave the props on for a lengthy time the springs will perhaps weaken. It is just a precaution I take. Hope DJI will repair the problem for you! Good luck!
2018-7-31
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

TomWolves Posted at 2018-7-31 06:06
Hedsic, bummer you crashed. Just for the future, I never leave my props attached to the motors when I store, or not going to use the mavic Pro for awhile. If I know I am going to use it the next day I do leave them on. My opinion is that if you leave the props on for a lengthy time the springs will perhaps weaken. It is just a precaution I take. Hope DJI will repair the problem for you! Good luck!

I do the same and carefully store the props so as not to distort and cause an imbalance. Re attaching the props just prior to a flight also gives you the prompt and assurance to check everything is fully attached before a flight.
2018-7-31
Use props
dwainwayne28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 583323 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

My Gad damm. sorry for your loss, this looks like it was hit by a bus. Hope you got care refresh.
2018-7-31
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

deleted

delete this post.
2018-7-31
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-7-31 09:05
Hi, That would be me, Rick

Yeah I started comparing pics and I figured that is the same guy lol so I deleted the post.
2018-7-31
Use props
djiuser_Y0QrzgFgjpeZ
lvl.1

United States

Likely one of the props.  I've learned that it's very tricky installing a propeller.  If it's not done correctly - and you really need to test this - then the prop will fly off
2018-7-31
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for your loss Hedsic, but it seems for you that it's a case of "easy come, easy go". So pleased for your new arrival.
I am going to remove props in storage from now on since I agree with the logic behind doing that. So thanks for that info everyone.

2018-7-31
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

Very sad to see a MP so badly damaged. Since you only had 14 minutes of flight time time you must of had a defective propeller.
2018-7-31
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
United States

I hope DJI takes care of you that was the worst crash I've seen . DJI may have just one question for you " How close was the Drone to the Bomb when it went off  ? "  lol      Just kidding  but that Drone had some serious damage.
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-8-3 10:46
lol the drone was carrying the bomb... (just kidding FAA)

Looking at the flight data, The speed right before impact showed 27mph.

Hi, thanks for the updates and feedback. Rest assured that our team will take care of your drone to figure out what happens on your case and provide an appropriate solution as soon as possible. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance.
2018-8-4
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Sorry to see your MP in that shape. Looks like it went in at 27 MPH and that'll mess up any drone. Looks like the flight log is saying you lost a prop, which would explain the battery error later on (over current spinning a motor with no prop attached). Hopefully you'll have good luck with getting it repaired.
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-8-7 04:52
Thank you so much. It just updated to "Conducting Damage Assessment " yesterday afternoon. I have been nervously checking it every hour just to see if it's updated yet. I am very nervous because I really hope DJI choses to replace/repair it under warranty and not give me bad news.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, Glad to know that the scenario will be covered by warranty.  
2018-8-7
Use props
PandaCheese
lvl.2
Flight distance : 253986 ft
United States

I too hope warranty covers it as based on your description you did nothing to be an obvious cause. The only time my MPP ever felt out of control was when I took off with compass interference and before GPS lock was fully in place. I was launching it outside of a stationary car's window, and thought once it got up in the air the GPS lock and interference would sort themselves out. Well they did, but not before a few seconds of nerve wrecking spinning around.
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hedsic Posted at 2018-8-7 10:56
I'm actually still waiting to hear back if it will be covered or not. So far nothing has been updated.

Sorry for that, I thought we have done with the damage assessment and come up with appropriate resolution.
2018-8-7
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

That happened to me also with my pro it was a broken prop that caused the crashed.  It fell from 200' up in the air and landed on a dry sage brush with minor scratches.
2018-8-7
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Hmm, this might give more cadence to the earlier thread regarding prop life I read the other day.   I think the DJI recommendation is replacing every 200 flights, provided there is no damage.  I wonder how many flights the OP was on?  
2018-8-7
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

Hedsic Posted at 2018-7-31 04:19
Thank you for the kind words everyone. It is all packaged up and ready to go back to DJI to see what they say. In the mean time I couldn't wait and it bothered me too much not having it so I did ended up buying a new one. This time I am not doing anything until I get insurance or DJI Care on it first.

[view_image]

Nice picture. Hope the new one will have a longer life
2018-8-8
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10337090 ft
Canada

I can't see it, somehow forum is acting strange on me.
2018-8-8
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Interesting, the OP deleted all of his posts?
2018-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules