New RC owner, help me out if i got it right
827 8 2018-8-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Well, just got a used flymore combo without the spark(flyaway), so my luck iGuess..
Question on connectivity and so on.
Spark is on .900 firmware.
RC updated to newest via huawei, no problems, other then the anoying beeping for some minuttes.
Huawei p10 lite on 4.2,12
Iphone 6 ios 9 on newest go4.

So..i have my spark on 2.4 gjz, and switched my RC to that also, both channel 6.
Did sync RC and spark just fine and got controll over the AC.Allthough a second or two of lag might occour on video( how to improve,,OTG?)
Calibrated sticks, just to be on the safe side.
Connection i do like this.
POWER RC, THEN SPARK, THEN CONNECT PHONE TO RC WITH WIFI.. Is that the right way? It seems to work for me.
What device would you use for flying, iphone6(now my spare phone, and might as well be a dedicated drone device)
Or the huawei android(not on dji list and bla bla bla, but i used it 8-10 times with no crash or anything)

Other things you could advise me to do or anything.?
There should be a sticker in frontpage with threads like this for beginners, and people like me that just are in doubt.

2018-8-1
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

start up procedure is good, FW is okay, you can use iphone indeed, if you planned to use your Huawei use 4.1.15 with an OTG cable.
When compass calibration warning is pop up do not calibrate but shut down spark and move to another area and try again. read https://forum.dji.com/thread-104222-1-1.html
avoid agressive turnarounds in sport/normal mode to avoid yaw errors, when yaw errors happen, spark goes in ATTI mode, do not activate RTH but fly back manual.
(keep Spark in sight)
2018-8-1
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-1 23:23
start up procedure is good, FW is okay, you can use iphone indeed, if you planned to use your Huawei use 4.1.15 with an OTG cable.
When compass calibration warning is pop up do not calibrate but shut down spark and move to another area and try again. read https://forum.dji.com/thread-104222-1-1.html
avoid agressive turnarounds in sport/normal mode to avoid yaw errors, when yaw errors happen, spark goes in ATTI mode, do not activate RTH but fly back manual.

Regards the yaw error in sport mode; does it stay in atti mode until landing, or will it resume gps mode after short time?
Thanks
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

stuka75 Posted at 2018-8-2 04:49
Regards the yaw error in sport mode; does it stay in atti mode until landing, or will it resume gps mode after short time?
Thanks

Mostly it will get back to GPS.
I mean, that was it doing on my few atti situations
2018-8-2
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

Jos A Posted at 2018-8-1 23:23

Great, just as i planned, and fot the battery clip also..
Android dirmware, many inhere say 4.1.5 and 4.2.12 is good on android.hats is why i got 4.2.12. Tried 4.1.5, and it craahed one or two ti es on startup(which also is very slow) but on 4.2.12 is ok fast
2018-8-2
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

sounds like your procedures are same as mine.  I'd stick with IOS device as they seem to be more stable with less disconnect/connectivity issues.  My 2cents based on experience
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
United States

4.1.15, not 4.1.5
You can also give the latest a chance, imho.
2018-8-2
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Denmark

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-8-2 08:16
4.1.15, not 4.1.5
You can also give the latest a chance, imho.

What i ment, sorry, all those numbers....
How about OTG cable. Does that help on android and iphone with video lag....
And i read somewhere people mentioned to set usb debugging(what is that and what does it do/mean?)
2018-8-2
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Joller79 DK Posted at 2018-8-2 08:30
What i ment, sorry, all those numbers....
How about OTG cable. Does that help on android and iphone with video lag....
And i read somewhere people mentioned to set usb debugging(what is that and what does it do/mean?)

I do use otg allmost a year now. For a reason ;-) On android
I think the app ask for debugging, anyway.
Usually that lets coder develope apps easier. Here it probably helps the Go4 to work better.
2018-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules