First Time in Sport Mode
1597 21 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hoverfreak
lvl.2
United States

First time flying in "sport mode" today with my Mavic Air.  Port Hueneme Pier, California

2018-8-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-8-18
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hi mate, another noob here.. Right at the beginning it doesn't look very clear (like mine) but then it seems you changed something.. What was it as it worked atreat after that ?
2018-8-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Looks good
2018-8-18
Use props
LordoftheFlies
lvl.3

That's a perfect exposure. Ansel Adams and Fred Archer would be very proud! You piloting skills could definately improve.
2018-8-18
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flying directly over people?
2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Thanks for sharing
2018-8-18
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft

Great video nice and clear, don't think there has been any editing done and no sound....
2018-8-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>

Cool vid         
2018-8-19
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2
United Kingdom

You should not be flying directly over people. Totally illegal. This is made even worse by your poor piloting. Keeping that video on Youtube could mean you get a visit from the police...
2018-8-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I find sportsmode mostly useful for getting somewhere fast and fighting the wind.
The video is only 'so so'.
2018-8-19
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Very nice video,
Could of used some music. It always adds to a video.
On the other hand the Video was nice and sharp.
2018-8-19
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Looks not very good with the gimbal swinging all over the place. Maybe would be better to tag this under Videos:

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... peid&typeid=384
2018-8-19
Use props
Hoverfreak
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the suggestion about music - i've noticed that a lot of people have youtube videos blocked because they use copyrighted music.
2018-8-19
Use props
neilhamilton
lvl.2

Hoverfreak Posted at 2018-8-19 11:41
Thanks for the suggestion about music - i've noticed that a lot of people have youtube videos blocked because they use copyrighted music.

Worried about getting blocked from youtube for using music illegally but not about flying over people illegally!?!?!??!?
2018-8-21
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

x3 on the flying over people.  Remove that strategy from your future flights.
2018-8-21
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

The gimbal on the MA is pretty crappy in Sport Mode.  Most of the footage seems unusable.  Also, flying over people is huge no bueno.  It’s danderous and annoys the general public.  Especially that low and with a drone as loud as the Air.
2018-8-21
Use props
DronEnthusiast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282589 ft
Greece

So if you have permission of the people you still can't fly it over them? I mean I worked on a camp and I created a video of how we spent the day on camp.. is that illegal?
2018-8-21
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

Let's put it this way, if the folks who you are filming request you fly over, I would HIGHLY recommend you get it in writing with a liability waiver, and make the fly over brief.  In the most basic analogy, it's like rear ending the car in front of you.  There is almost no scenario that in the event of a collision that you will not be held 100% liable. So, if someone asks you to tailgate on their bumper for some strange reason to take a photo, with someone elses kids in the car, you better get this in writing - clearly highlighting the high likelihood of a collision and that they accept full responsibility. That's the reality.  The camp can verbally request you do all sorts of things, but if that drone drops on a kid and injures them, it's YOU the parents are coming after.

However, it's also important to understand the additional obligations of commercial use as well.  Either way, when you fly over people you are taking a huge risk, and you are opening a Pandora's Box that brings other issues to play as well.  For a novice, it's best just to avoid it all together until you develop the pilot skills and have very clear understanding of the regulations and legal issues involved.  My .02 fwiw.
2018-8-21
Use props
DronEnthusiast
lvl.2
Flight distance : 282589 ft
Greece

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-21 07:37
Let's put it this way, if the folks who you are filming request you fly over, I would HIGHLY recommend you get it in writing with a liability waiver, and make the fly over brief.  In the most basic analogy, it's like rear ending the car in front of you.  There is almost no scenario that in the event of a collision that you will not be held 100% liable. So, if someone asks you to tailgate on their bumper for some strange reason to take a photo, with someone elses kids in the car, you better get this in writing - clearly highlighting the high likelihood of a collision and that they accept full responsibility. That's the reality.  The camp can verbally request you do all sorts of things, but if that drone drops on a kid and injures them, it's YOU the parents are coming after.

However, it's also important to understand the additional obligations of commercial use as well.  Either way, when you fly over people you are taking a huge risk, and you are opening a Pandora's Box that brings other issues to play as well.  For a novice, it's best just to avoid it all together until you develop the pilot skills and have very clear understanding of the regulations and legal issues involved.  My .02 fwiw.

I got it.. nicely said, but you dont expect of a drone at 1050 euros to fall down.To tell the truth... mine had dropped 2 times.. warranty activated, faulty battery.. so yeah.. I think now I fully got what you said.
(My video if you want to check it out)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162533&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534?

2018-8-21
Use props
dbparti024
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3343 ft

United States

How fast does the Mavic Air fly in sport mode. I did notice the birds were not fans.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

DronEnthusiast Posted at 2018-8-21 07:42
I got it.. nicely said, but you dont expect of a drone at 1050 euros to fall down.To tell the truth... mine had dropped 2 times.. warranty activated, faulty battery.. so yeah.. I think now I fully got what you said.
(My video if you want to check it out)
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162533&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D534%26typeid%3D534?

Unfortunately accidents do happen. As technologically advanced as these drones are, they also have manual input which would be the biggest variable, but any number of environmental changes can have an effect.

But yeah, in this day and age, what people say vs what they do can vary a bit. Our law here states not to fly within 30 metres of people and not to fly over them. While I may get permission from someone to fly close or above them, if an accident happens, all it takes is for them to change their mind and report me and then it would be found that I was in breach of the rules and so much for the permission I had in the first place.

It's more about protecting yourselves these days but also trying to b e mindful of how others see our hobby.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules