Don't Buy Mavic 2 pro - no signal, bogus software, no support
3448 25 2018-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Purchased the new Mavic 2 pro for $1,449 from DJI's website. For some reason my account wasn't used while processing the payment so now I have two accounts, but nonetheless I continued with the purchase and got the drone in New York City within 3 business days.

I live in Colombia (the Republic of Colombia, South America) and DJI doesn't ship to my country so I had the drone delievered to my parents home in New York City and they had to ship it here. I understood I had to comply with my country's import taxes and decided to do it all to receive this new drone.

Received the drone in Colombia and took it for a flight and did not experience anything out of the ordinary - I have purchased and owned a DJI Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 Pro so I kind of have an experience with DJI products.

I decided to update the Firmware since I was excited for the new flight modes and this is where everything went downhill. Not only did the Assistant 2 Software did not work, but was experiencing some problems updating the software via the mobile app. After a "successful" firmware update I took the drone for a second flight and once in the air it lost connection immediately, prompting a message of "No Image Transmission Signal". I thought it must have been my surroundings so decided to do it elsewhere and same thing again "No Image Transmission Signal".

Errors I encounter:

- Radio Channel Quality: Poor
- Aircaft Battery Temperature N/A
- Gimbal Disconnected
- Internal Storage Not Found.

Here is a link to a video I've made about this issue: https://youtu.be/-XpeJRtdLlw

The representative told me DJI is not responbile for Shipping & Handling Fees. Even if I manage to ship the Mavic 2 to the USA, they will not ship it to my country. I have to pay import taxes: IVA:16% + Arancel:10% + CIF:4% = Total: 30% of the cost of the Mavic $434 USD. This means I have to pay $434 dollars out of my pocket AGAIN! becuase DJI sent me a defective drone. Why do I have to be responsible? how is this even ethical from a company that claims to care about their customers?

Since I am not a Youtube or Instagram influencer, I have no voice, I am a nobody so DJI doesn't care one bit about the problem I am facing... all the representatives can do is "apologize for the inconvenience".

Apologies won't fix anything, they won't get me a new drone or my drone fixed or my money back.

Dji sends reviewers free drones, but when a client pays with their hard earned money and have difficulties using their sh*tty products you are f***ed!

What I am using:

- Mavic 2 Pro
- Latest Firmware Update
- iPhone 7
- DJI Go 4 APP
- Macbook Pro 15' 2017

Suggestions to fix this issue (according the DJI's Representative):

- Relink remote to aircraft: did not do anything at all
- Calibrate Compass: I get the same error "No Image Transmission Signal" when I try to Calibrate the Compass
- Use Assistant 2 to refresh firmware: Assistant 2 disconnects me from the internet, bogus software that doesn't work at all on my Macbook.

Sufficy to say this is by far the worse experience ever with this company, I feel robbed. Money and time lost that I'll never get back.

2018-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Not to sure why your drone is not working, it should be so yes dji should repair or replace. I can’t see why you would be charged shipping if you get it to the US, I wouldn’t expect them to pay for shipping from or to Columbia, and you would have been aware of these conditions before you purchased.

Yes you are entitled to your full warranty but only under the conditions of the warranty. I don’t believe it should put anyone off purchasing, as I’ve seen very few with these problems.
I feel for you having to go through all that trouble and expense, but it looks like they are only invoking the terms of your warranty.
2018-9-12
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Have you tried on a completely different device just to make sure it’s not the device compatibility issues?
2018-9-12
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Lesson learned? No idea but sounds like it sucks to experience this....
2018-9-12
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

Stop being dramatic. They didn’t send you a defective product. It worked perfectly fine until you updated firmware. Somewhere between the two instances broke the drone. So, did you refresh the firmware like they suggested? Reinstall DJI Assistant and Go4, start from scratch again. It’s clerh not a hardware issue if this only happened after the update.
Now, if none of that works, ship it back to your parents and have them ship it to DJI to replace it. Then, have your parents ship it back to you. This is what you were aware of when you ordered it in this fashion. Then DJI won’t charge you import fees.
2018-9-12
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Try a usb cable from the bottom of the controller to your phone. Remember the old m1 had a lot of issues with the supplied cables on the side port. You have to unplug that too, I think, to get the bottom usb port working.
2018-9-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Sounds like a Nightmare.
2018-9-12
Use props
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-9-12 10:43
Stop being dramatic. They didn’t send you a defective product. It worked perfectly fine until you updated firmware. Somewhere between the two instances broke the drone. So, did you refresh the firmware like they suggested? Reinstall DJI Assistant and Go4, start from scratch again. It’s clerh not a hardware issue if this only happened after the update.
Now, if none of that works, ship it back to your parents and have them ship it to DJI to replace it. Then, have your parents ship it back to you. This is what you were aware of when you ordered it in this fashion. Then DJI won’t charge you import fees.

I knew I'd get nonsensical and stupid replies from people like you. But since you aren't experiencing the problem yourself you wouldn't understand my dilema. You think it is easy to just lose $400usd just to have a defective product be shipped back to the manufacture?

I wouldn't be losing any money if the fkn product would have been working as it should! so please don't comment on something you have no idea about.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

We are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced, sir. May we know how did you contact us? May you please PM me your contact number, email address and the order number? I would like to check more details and help you on this issue.
2018-9-12
Use props
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

thehippoz Posted at 2018-9-12 10:53
Try a usb cable from the bottom of the controller to your phone. Remember the old m1 had a lot of issues with the supplied cables on the side port. You have to unplug that too, I think, to get the bottom usb port working.

Hi, I've tried this. It loses connection but regains connection instantly. Plus I cannot take pictures or video, but I don't get that blank image on my screen.

I do however get a red message on top left corner, something RC... but it is so quick I cannot read what it says.

Tried this on iPhone and then borrowed a Galaxy J7 Prime and same result sadly.
2018-9-12
Use props
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-9-12 14:54
We are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced, sir. May we know how did you contact us? May you please PM me your contact number, email address and the order number? I would like to check more details and help you on this issue.

Thanks, I have PMed you my info.I contacted live chat support through this website.
2018-9-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Skittless Posted at 2018-9-12 16:01
Thanks, I have PMed you my info.I contacted live chat support through this website.

Thank you so much! I received and replied on your PM. Kindly check on it.
2018-9-13
Use props
Skittless
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

After a FRESH Firmware installation for the drone and controller, I gave the Mavic 2 another try. As per recommendation from the dji representative "timothy", I was told to play around with the Image Transmission Settings.

Image Transmission Settings

Channel Mode:

Auto - immediately loses connection
Custom - works, with a few caveats, RC Signal Lost appears sometimes, camera doesn't work, focus doesn't work... uhm drone unusable.

I cannot change camera settings (aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed), regardless wether I have the drone in flight or on the ground.
I cannot take pictures, regardless wether I have the drone in flight or on the ground.
I cannot switch to photography mode (only video mode) regardless wether I have the drone in flight or on the ground.

https://youtu.be/TEHvGPTD9m0
DJI Forum Admin claims there are no records of me chatting with support, I clearly have chatted with "sean" or "timothy". I can login to the chat and see older messages there, so not sure what's happening here.

So far none of the suggestions from their tech support works, no further indication of what I should do.

This company should prompt a big message in red when shopping that there is a risk their drones will not work and you will lose money sending it back to them and in my case I will lose money, both sending it back and receiving it (since I have to pay import taxes AGAIN 30% of the cost of the product). Although, DJI is responsible for their defective drones they will not in any way be responsible for your expenses... ALTHOUGH IT IS THEIR FAULT in the first place.

I'd understand that if I have damaged the drone and need it to be repaired I'd have to spend money shipping it and have it repaired... but sending me a drone that in no way it works and have the decency to tell me I have to pay is utterly disgusting.

I own a Mavic 1, Phantom 4 and Inspire 1 Pro. Given this company my money for them to treat me like crap, I'll never in my life recomend this company to anyone ever again.

Clearly I have to return this bs drone back to them for a full refund and good bye DJI, you've lost a customer.

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Hi Goody. I am sorry for this experience. I will forward your issue to the respective department for further analysis on the issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible once I have the result of the inquiry. Thank you for your patience.
2018-9-13
Use props
GoodyM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Please make it clear to that department that I am having the following issues:

- I cannot switch to photography mode
- I cannot take pictures even if I press the shutter button
- I cannot change camera settings (aperture, ISO, Shutter Speed)
- I cannot use Auto Focus
- RC Signal Lost
- No Image Transmission Signal
- Radio Channel Quality: Poor
- Aircaft Battery Temperature N/A
- Gimbal Disconnected
- Internal Storage Not Found.

The response from support chat doesn't seem to make much sense, I don't think one sensor can cause this mess:

"The location you are flying the drone detects strong interference that's why you can't be able to have your drone work properly.
Because of the interference the drone can't fly or work properly"
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

GoodyM Posted at 2018-9-13 11:48
Please make it clear to that department that I am having the following issues:

- I cannot switch to photography mode

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. I have forwarded all your concerns to our managerial team for a thorough investigation and analysis. Our managers will be calling you within 24 to 48 business hours for them to give you updates and notification on this said issue. We are here to help you and we appreciate your patience.  
2018-9-13
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

You ordered the drone to one country and then brought it to another country, and expect DJI to pay expenses to the new country and not the origin of the order. Entitled.
2018-9-19
Use props
GoodyM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-9-19 10:22
You ordered the drone to one country and then brought it to another country, and expect DJI to pay expenses to the new country and not the origin of the order. Entitled.

I am not a Millennial, so entitled ? I don't think so.

The fact is that DJI sent me a defective drone, had I know this I'd have not purchased the drone. I took responsibility  in all expenses getting the drone as soon as possible to my country and was aware of the consequences in terms of import taxes.

However, sending a defective product and then have me spend money when they can simply accept the fact they sent a crappy product to me. What do they have to lose really? making sure the customer is satisfied is priority.

Had I damaged the drone or something I'd understand they have nothing to do with it and I'll be responsible for everything, but NO... they sent a sh*tty product, period! They should be responsible.

DJI lost a customer here and plenty more when people see these kind of posts/videos. So I am happy with a refund and they can keep that drone so they can sell it to someone else.

And since this isn't happening to you, then you have no idea what I have to go through - so please stay away from this post, let DJI handle it on their own, your opinion here doesn't matter as it doesn't solve anything.
2018-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi GoodyM, we are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with the brand-new drone, with the 'gimbal disconnected', of course, the drone will not switch to photography mode,  take pictures or change camera settings.
May I verify if the drone can self-check when you power on and be controlled by the RC? Does the 'Gimbal Disconnected' message display in every flight?
What is your current firmware version of your drone, the RC and the APP? We will need the precise version.
Per your two videos, there are always radio interferences, which may cause the drone lost RC signal or the image transmission, did you ever try an open area without the interference?

Currently, we do not provide the global warranty, your drone was purchased from New York City, the corresponding official repair center is in the United Staes, we can only provide the shipping label within the United States, therefore, you will need to pay for the shipping and tax fee from other countries no matter if there is a product defect. We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-24
Use props
GoodyM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-24 23:09
Hi GoodyM, we are so sorry for the unfortunate experience with the brand-new drone, with the 'gimbal disconnected', of course, the drone will not switch to photography mode,  take pictures or change camera settings.
May I verify if the drone can self-check when you power on and be controlled by the RC? Does the 'Gimbal Disconnected' message display in every flight?
What is your current firmware version of your drone, the RC and the APP? We will need the precise version.

Thank you Mindy for your response, my Mavic 2 Pro is sitting at parents home back in New York City and waiting to receive a Return Shipping Label for a full refund.

I'll answer your questions above if it is of any help to you guys:

- The drone can self-check when powered on and be controlled by the RC
- Gimbal Disconnected appears on every flight I made
- Firmware was up to the latest, whichever was at the time of my purchase I updated with the first Firmware available for the Mavic 2 pro.

- There are always radio interferences which may cause the drone lost RC Signar or Image Transmission, however this doesn't occur with my Mavic 1 Pro. As a representative stated in one of the conversations I had with them - Mavic 2 has more sensitive sensors than the Mavic 1.

I have video with Mavic 1 and Mavic 2 flown at the same area and only the Mavic 2 falls behind and prompts the message in red that there is no Image Transmission. So yes, there is a problem with that Mavic 2 I'e purchased through DJI.

Lastly, I understand there is no Global Warranty. I wish DJI would care more for a customer that has spend a few thousands on their products. But oh well lesson learned, I'll buy it locally in my country when it becomes available.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GoodyM Posted at 2018-10-23 15:20
Thank you Mindy for your response, my Mavic 2 Pro is sitting at parents home back in New York City and waiting to receive a Return Shipping Label for a full refund.

I'll answer your questions above if it is of any help to you guys:

Thanks for the clarification. The designated team will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment. Again, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.
2018-10-24
Use props
GoodyM
lvl.2
  • >>>
Colombia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-24 00:35
Thanks for the clarification. The designated team will offer you a proper solution according to the damage assessment. Again, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience.

If you read my message it clearly states this "my Mavic 2 Pro is sitting at parents home back in New York City and waiting to receive a Return Shipping Label for a full refund."

2018-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GoodyM Posted at 2018-10-26 20:52
If you read my message it clearly states this "my Mavic 2 Pro is sitting at parents home back in New York City and waiting to receive a Return Shipping Label for a full refund."

GoodyM, I've checked your case again, the shipping label has been sent to you, please kindly check your email or spam to see whether you have received it, if still not, please kindly advise another working email address, we'll re-arrange for you, thanks!
2018-10-27
Use props
jimmym683
New
Flight distance : 69409 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-27 00:24
GoodyM, I've checked your case again, the shipping label has been sent to you, please kindly check your email or spam to see whether you have received it, if still not, please kindly advise another working email address, we'll re-arrange for you, thanks!

I just read through this thread...The exact same thing happened to me in terms so of trying to fly it in Columbia.  However, a person with me flying the Mavic air in columbia had no issues with transmission.  The mavic 2 would lose video signal almost immediately upon flying after take off, but then drone was still controllable with line of sight.  I thought the drone could be broken, however when I got back from columbia and flew it in Pittsburgh the Mavic 2 transmission worked fine.  I think there is an issue with electromagnetic interference and the occusync video transmission wavelengths in Columbia.  Is the signical being scrambled?  All I know is once my drone left columbia everything worked fine again.
2019-4-7
Use props
jimmym683
New
Flight distance : 69409 ft
United States

I just read through this thread...The exact same thing happened to me in terms so of trying to fly it in Columbia.  However, a person with me flying the Mavic air in columbia had no issues with transmission.  The mavic 2 would lose video signal almost immediately upon flying after take off, but then drone was still controllable with line of sight.  I thought the drone could be broken, however when I got back from columbia and flew it in Pittsburgh the Mavic 2 transmission worked fine.  I think there is an issue with electromagnetic interference and the occusync video transmission wavelengths in Columbia.  Is the signical being scrambled?  All I know is once my drone left columbia everything worked fine again.
2019-4-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jimmym683 Posted at 4-7 13:13
I just read through this thread...The exact same thing happened to me in terms so of trying to fly it in Columbia.  However, a person with me flying the Mavic air in columbia had no issues with transmission.  The mavic 2 would lose video signal almost immediately upon flying after take off, but then drone was still controllable with line of sight.  I thought the drone could be broken, however when I got back from columbia and flew it in Pittsburgh the Mavic 2 transmission worked fine.  I think there is an issue with electromagnetic interference and the occusync video transmission wavelengths in Columbia.  Is the signical being scrambled?  All I know is once my drone left columbia everything worked fine again.

Hi there, may we have more details of the issues do you refer to? Do you have the same error messages such as gimbal disconnected? As the drone is still controllable after the taking off, you may change to another working cable or another recommended mobile device to verify.
2019-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules