Osmo Pocket Activation Failed
36071 278 2018-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

austin1110 Posted at 12-13 18:15
Wow.. I just got the device.. waited for months. Plugged into iphone X for activation. Created an account via registration and then immediately login failure. Cannot login via DJI MIMO app. I am impressed with DJI. My first product from DJI and experience has been terrible. Unlike you guys, I could not even get to activation stage since DJI app cannot even handle logins anymore. I dont understand why on earth is this thing disabled and requires activation? Why not allow people to simply insert a microsd card and get on with their life? Why do all this registration, login, activation GARBAGE??? DJI.. customer experience is EVERYTHING. We paid for the hardware and look what you did with all this unnecessary crap. Keep it up. I am returning this pos device.

Hi austin1110, I understand your disappointment and very sorry for the troubles. Could you PM us your DJI Account? Our engineers are checking the exact status and we'll try our best to help you out.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ethanlalalalala Posted at 12-14 06:23
I have the same issue, tried to change to iPhone xs, iphone x, iphone 6, all failed, re-register a account, take off cover, change network, restart iphone, nothing works.....very disappointing

Hi ethanlalalalala, we're sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansc115bff8 Posted at 12-14 13:48
I have just received a Osmo pocket and their is no way i can activate it - I just called DJI support and they said i must have a usb c phone - I only hav 5 android micro usb samsung phones - i ordered a micro usb to usb cable to try and will let you know if it works - if not probably will return it -

THERE SHOULD BE A WEB BASED ACTIVATION!!!

As Micro USB port Android mobile phones do not have a compatible adaptor, the Osmo Pocket cannot be activated with a Micro USB Android mobile phone and this mobile phone cannot be used with DJI Mimo to shoot videos or pictures. Also, the compatibility cannot be ensured, please kindly note and understand. I'll send you a message in PM, please kindly check later, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8 Posted at 12-14 17:43
I am also unable to activate my Osmo Pocket on two iPhones via the Mimo app. I get the exact same error on both an iPhone X and an iPhone 7.

I can provide the serial number if that helps. The device is useless without activation.

Sorry to read your comment. Please kindly refer to 70# and change to the internet to verify. If no help, please kindly start a case and send the unit for replacement.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_9zKZlut2WBk8 Posted at 12-14 17:43
I am also unable to activate my Osmo Pocket on two iPhones via the Mimo app. I get the exact same error on both an iPhone X and an iPhone 7.

I can provide the serial number if that helps. The device is useless without activation.

Sorry for the late response. I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-174899-1-1.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow up, thanks so much!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Splitrock38 Posted at 12-14 18:23
I have the same issue.  I have tried all of the steps on the forum and web.  (New account, other devices (3 iOS), reinstall app, look at the connector...). So I call in and they assure me someone will call me back.  Umm Nope.  I call again and they then offer to replace my device, still upset, but maybe I can deal with this...  Wait.  You have to wait for them to send you a box, send the device back so they can look at it and then maybe they will send a replacement.  After asking about 17 times, the rep admitted that process will take 2-3 weeks, best case scenario.  I have escalated to a supervisor, but will taking this as high as I can.  There is absolutely no need other than some internal tracking to have an “activation” process.  It doesn’t connect to anything.  If you search this issue, it happened before with a previous version of the Osmo.  They are repeating the same issues over and over.  If a company admits they made a mistake and works hard to make it right, I will be a customer for life, but when they are treating (at least me) like an untrustworthy customer who has a drone and now a “brick” I am calling an Osmo Pocket....  They will lose me as a customer for life and I will work hard so everyone knows what my experience has been.  Sorry for the rant, but its unacceptable to treat customers this way in 2018, almost 2019.

Hi Splitrock38, I understand your frustration and very sorry for the inconvenience. Could you tell us your case number? I'd like to check the current status and try our best to help you.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_MVgRSQa01lAF Posted at 12-14 20:21
I failed to activate my osmo pocket too =. =
it says activation data abnormal......

So sorry for the troubles. Please kindly refer to 70# and contact our support for further assistance, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans90ad2fd1 Posted at 12-15 05:04
I have the same issues! This is so disappointing

Sir, I'm so sorry for the troubles. Is there any error message when the activation failed? Please kindly refer to 70# and confirm, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5983e550 Posted at 12-15 06:51
Anyone experiencing that after a little use the osmo pocket won't connect to your phone again.  Samsung note 9. It shows that it's slow charging but I can't connect and see video.

Could you provide us with a short video of your operation? We'd like to look into it.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fhhf Posted at 12-15 07:28
Activation does not work !!  what rubbish is this?  Even this website is non functional could not enter user name .
VERRY VERRY BAD TECHNOLOGY !

Hey fhhf, sorry for the inconvenience. For the login issue, is there any chance change to another working internet to verify? If the issue persists, please kindly provide us with your DJI account, we'd like to check the exact status, thank you!

As for the user name on the forum, it seems that the change is successful, you may check later, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
jly999
New
United Kingdom

after a very frustrating few hours got a VPN app on the phone and then it all worked
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_lKhN74vQOWsR Posted at 12-15 07:41
Every time I try to log into the DJI Mimo app. It tells me ‘login failure’ - I’ve tried setting up different accounts with different emails, resetting passwords, uninstalling the app, reinstalling, hard resetting my iPhone 7 - I’ve spent all afternoon trying to figure this out. The app is a pile of junk.  I’m very tempted to send the Osmo Pocket back. Looks like a massive waste of time to me so far.

I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience. Could you provide us with your DJI account? I'll collect and forward to our engineers to locate the root cause, thank you!
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansceed7082 Posted at 12-15 09:11
‘Login failed” is the message I get. Tried all the ideas in the thread, made no difference. I have had no problems with previous DJI products, very disappointed, DJI please provide a solution not a guess !

Sorry for the troubles. Could you provide us with your DJI account? I'll collect and forward to our engineers to investigate.
2018-12-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans4ee79fcc Posted at 12-15 12:04
I have this problem too... 'Login Failure' on the MiMO iOS app - but I know I am using the correct details and can log in to the website okay.  I have been in touch with the help desk via Facebook messenger... the issue has been referred to the developers...  and there will be a response within 48hours is basically what I have been told.  Very frustrating that such a promising product gets off to a bad start.  it seems from this thread and  on Twitter that many are unable to login to the MiMO app and therefore can’t authenticate the OSMO Pocket.  

I have registered multiple email addresses - and that has not resolved the issue which presumably is to do with the verification of login details on the MiMO app...

Could you provide us with your DJI account? Also, please kindly name your current country/region, use VPN or not, I'll collect and forward to our engineers to locate.
2018-12-16
Use props
djiuser_gKSrkTyeKmPY
New

United States

My new pocket also fails to activate every time. I have tried with multiple phones.
2018-12-16
Use props
Mjpatterson1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143389 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_B7mUgpxGUtcG Posted at 12-14 19:59
Try resetting the password. Go to #37-38 thread for the direction.

Same problem. Restarted multiple times, reinstalled app several times, used different devices., reset password several times. Can log into my DJI account on iMac and iPad and iPhone but not on the app. Therefore Osmo Pocket can’t even start activation. Password reset does not work or a new account either? Come on DJI what are you doing about it. Obvious looking at reviews on the App Store this is a common issue.
2018-12-16
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

@ DJI Susan
I have contacted support and he ask me to send back to RMA,
if you guys cannot solve the problem you may announce  on your website that don't waste everybody 's time to try and error,
but next time I won't buy your product in the first time, very disappointed.
2018-12-16
Use props
jly999
New
United Kingdom

ethanlalalalala Posted at 12-16 02:37
@ DJI Susan
I have contacted support and he ask me to send back to RMA,
if you guys cannot solve the problem you may announce  on your website that don't waste everybody 's time to try and error,

try the vpn app a free one worked for me
2018-12-16
Use props
fansfe3b779e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2779 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

J just got my Osmo pocket,  and I too am having the same issue  with the activation process  despite changing the password.

My initial observation being :

1.That there is a limit to the amount of password reset mails that can be requested, you get told you have reached your limit and have to wait 24 hours.

2. The verification code is often unclear and not helpful to anyone that may be colour blind.

3. How can we have a product that can't be used  out of the box ,why does it not have a 30 day registration period.

4. The default mail sent  on requesting the password reset is in Chinese.

5. I know my password is ok as I can still log in on my drone and OSMO apps; and yes I did try being logged in and out out of my other DJI apps in my attempt to activate my new device.

Currently the devices is as much use as having  mud-flaps on a tortoise

I'm not  a novice and have several other DJI products which I enjoy using and have no other issues with.   

I'm hoping that as this is a new product it's just minor teething  problems and can be resolved quickly.

How about a change to the  app software  with regard to how the product registers,  for the end use it just a update to app.

I'm using  an Iphone XS
2018-12-16
Use props
kund
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am having similar issues
2018-12-16
Use props
fans8c3b273e
lvl.1
Germany

compatible with:I Phone XS........is just a lie
2018-12-16
Use props
fans6e682035
New

United Kingdom

I can't log into the App even when the pocket isn't attached to the phone (iphone6plus) also tried my daughters login and creating a new login. Sending the device back isn't going to solve the problem it is a problem logging into the MIMO App
2018-12-16
Use props
Turtlekicks
lvl.1
France

jly999 Posted at 12-16 01:37
after a very frustrating few hours got a VPN app on the phone and then it all worked

What location did you set it to
2018-12-16
Use props
Turtlekicks
lvl.1
France

jly999 Posted at 12-16 01:37

What location did you set it to
2018-12-16
Use props
Turtlekicks
lvl.1
France

I have literally tried everything for two days and cannot get this product to activate.
At this point how do I return this back to DJI.com
2018-12-16
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

jly999 Posted at 12-16 03:33
try the vpn app a free one worked for me

where should I vpn to ? china or us?
2018-12-16
Use props
Jolamune
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all.
Like many of you, I have spent ages trying to activate my new osmo pocket. For me, no matter what I changed, reinstalled etc., the Mimo app would not let me log in and so activation was impossible. I use an iPhone X.
I have just switched off wifi and so forced the phone to use mobile data. EVERYTHING THEN WORKED PERFECTLY.
My osmo pocket now works as it is meant to.
I hope this maybe helps a few of you.
2018-12-16
Use props
ethanlalalalala
lvl.1
Taiwan

Jolamune Posted at 12-16 06:52
Hi all.
Like many of you, I have spent ages trying to activate my new osmo pocket. For me, no matter what I changed, reinstalled etc., the Mimo app would not let me log in and so activation was impossible. I use an iPhone X.
I have just switched off wifi and so forced the phone to use mobile data. EVERYTHING THEN WORKED PERFECTLY.

@Jolamune

Tried your solution too, not lucky for me,  in the duration I cannot activate there are so many bad review coming out, maybe I should return it to DJI and buy a gopro instead.
2018-12-16
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans8c3b273e Posted at 12-16 05:43
compatible with:I Phone XS........is just a lie

Works with Xs... just fine.  No lie.
If you have your wifi set to a default (automatically connecting to a home WiFi, for example), disconnect from that session, turn off your phone (completely), then re-start phone, sign in to your home wifi, then open the DJI Mimo App and begin the activation/registration.  You may have a number of "active" items in the iPhone registers that are interferring with the activation communication process.  Both devices are complex in their communication needs and sometimes stuff conflicts.
2018-12-16
Use props
MillseyUK
New
United Kingdom

Hi all.

Snap, seems like a bug with the app when using Wi-fi, works ok on data. Need that fixed soon.

Strange thing is it all worked for my registration over Wi-fi, then I went outside and used data and since then, only data works.
2018-12-16
Use props
Fly Guy 702
lvl.1

United States

DJI had done it again.  The software engineers should be shown the exit.  Having to "activate" through the app/Mimo and the Osmo Pocket:  TOO MANY hoops to go through.  What should have been done is being able to download a file from DJI, unzipped and loaded onto an Micro SD card, inserted in the Osmo Pocket, turn on the device and let the software be recognized and let the file activate.  Just that simple.
2018-12-16
Use props
fans8c3b273e
lvl.1
Germany

WebParrot Posted at 12-16 06:57
Works with Xs... just fine.  No lie.
If you have your wifi set to a default (automatically connecting to a home WiFi, for example), disconnect from that session, turn off your phone (completely), then re-start phone, sign in to your home wifi, then open the DJI Mimo App and begin the activation/registration.  You may have a number of "active" items in the iPhone registers that are interferring with the activation communication process.  Both devices are complex in their communication needs and sometimes stuff conflicts.

no chance, i try this 100 times, also in different wlan, i believe dji knows about the problems, but they are not fair to us
2018-12-16
Use props
fansfe940c70
New
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,

Turned of WIFI and used data worked first time. Thanks Jolamune for your advice

2018-12-16
Use props
Phil UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2779 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Activation using mobile data worked with phone WIFI connect on phone  switch off.

Having spent many an hour trying get this working, see my post earlier, I  had nothing to lose but to try options as other comments came in .  Post 109 worked I switch off the wifi conenction on my phone , however I did not switch it back on , used the mobile  data connection to activate , went in first time  
2018-12-16
Use props
fansb8be526f
New

United Kingdom

I have exactly the same issue. Tried to create a new account and have the same issue. The login details work with my other products. I had high hope for this but the fact I can’t even get it registered and working is so poor. Looks like I’ll have to look at the HERO 7.
2018-12-16
Use props
Mark-in-Mk 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all.

YES YES YES - That worked after many frustrating hours. You've made my day. THANKYOU..
2018-12-16
Use props
MarkLEdwards
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same problem on an iPhone 8 updated with latest IOS 12.1.1 - I cannot use the Pocket Osmo until it is activated. I had a shoot planned for today which I had to postpone.
2018-12-16
Use props
MarkLEdwards
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same problem on an iPhone 8 updated with latest IOS 12.1.1 - I cannot use the Pocket Osmo until it is activated. I had a shoot planned for today which I had to postpone. I really think that DJI should give this matter highest priority.
2018-12-16
Use props
handeyman
New

United States

What was your solution to get it to activate
2018-12-16
Use props
Mark-in-Mk 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Switching off WiFi and using 4G data worked for me. I hadn't been able to even log in to my DJI account. Now Im fully functional with my upgraded firmware.
If that's the only problem it must be a pretty simple networking fix for DJI
2018-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules