738 11 2019-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hi All,

Is it possible to take a Hyperlapse on OP (like OM2 can do)? i.e. take a timelapse with a selected focal point while moving with the OP. Each time I have tried I get a message "Keep gimbal still" or "Keep gimbal vertical" (depending on whether connected to phone or not). If not, REALLY surprised and disappointed this is not a feature!

Cheers
2019-2-4
Use props
Shescor
lvl.4
Spain

select FPV mode
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the reply. Now that sounds really obvious and I feel really dumb! I will give it a try
2019-2-4
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I did have it set to FPV mode, I mustn't have been giving it time to initialise. The problem is that the shortest interval you can select is 3 seconds, needs 0.5, 1 and 2 second options available for doing hyperlapses.
2019-2-4
Use props
OmeSlikkum
lvl.2
Netherlands

Hi,

You can use a 2 seconds interval to. If you are in the timelapse mode, swipe down on the screen, en swipe to the left. There you will see a picture with a photo and film in it. Press the screen and it will turn to only a film (don't really know how to describe it really well, but you'll see the change from 2 icon's to 1) and now you have the option to do 2 seconds. But be aware, you just disabled taking pictures and only create a movie. That means that you will only get a movie in 1080p. And lose the foto's which can give you higher rezzes.

My theory is that because the OP writes the photo to the SD AND encode the picture to the video (I guess it does this instantly because if you quit a TL, he never processes but just quits, so I think they add the picture to the movie everytime you make one) the minimal he needs to "recover" is 3 seconds. But yeah you can set it to 2.

What you can also do wich looks similar (but isn't really of course) is take the normal footage and speed it up quite a bit. You get a little bit of that effect.
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

OmeSlikkum Posted at 2-5 00:47
Hi,

You can use a 2 seconds interval to. If you are in the timelapse mode, swipe down on the screen, en swipe to the left. There you will see a picture with a photo and film in it. Press the screen and it will turn to only a film (don't really know how to describe it really well, but you'll see the change from 2 icon's to 1) and now you have the option to do 2 seconds. But be aware, you just disabled taking pictures and only create a movie. That means that you will only get a movie in 1080p. And lose the foto's which can give you higher rezzes.

Hi, thanks for the detailed reply, appreciate it. I will try what you suggest tomorrow. Cheers
2019-2-5
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

forbsie Posted at 2-4 15:36
I did have it set to FPV mode, I mustn't have been giving it time to initialise. The problem is that the shortest interval you can select is 3 seconds, needs 0.5, 1 and 2 second options available for doing hyperlapses.

The shortest interval is 2", but only available if you turn off saving the pictures. So pretty useless for me.
What you are asking is to have motion tracking available during timelapse. I asked the same in another topic. I hope it'll come in some future update.
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Giammi Posted at 2-5 04:21
The shortest interval is 2", but only available if you turn off saving the pictures. So pretty useless for me.
What you are asking is to have motion tracking available during timelapse. I asked the same in another topic. I hope it'll come in some future update.

I hope it will come in a future update too. I thought it would do Hyperlapse like OM2.
2019-2-5
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

forbsie Posted at 2-5 04:40
I hope it will come in a future update too. I thought it would do Hyperlapse like OM2.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-179592-1-1.html

Here is my other topic.
2019-2-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know if you manage to sort out the concern via the help of our valued customers? Please let us know if you have other concern for further help. Thank you for continued support.
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Giammi Posted at 2-5 07:39
https://forum.dji.com/thread-179592-1-1.html

Here is my other topic.

Thanks, I will check it out
2019-2-5
Use props
forbsie
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 2-5 11:48
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we know if you manage to sort out the concern via the help of our valued customers? Please let us know if you have other concern for further help. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks for your response DJI Tony. At this stage hyperlapse is severely limited by OP's "frame rate" options. Even at its shortest duration i.e. 2 seconds, 1 minute passes in 1 second of output, WAY too fast to be useful for a walking hyperlapse. I really hope that DJI implement 0.5, and 1 second intervals, .. don't really need the individual images (it would be nice though), just a video would be acceptable. Cheers
2019-2-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules