Phantom 3 Advanced DJI GO App issue
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maverick333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi,

I've recently purchased a second had DJI P3A with a known issue of connecting the controller to the Go App.

Originally it was assumed there was an issue with the USB circuit board, as when you connected a device to the controller there was no indication of a connection.

I've ordered and replaced the circuit board with a small progress in so much that now when i plug in the device it at least seems to recogonise a conecction on my ipad/phone and just says 'not charging'.

I'm struggling to diagnose the issue from here as it still comes up with the dreaded 'how to connect' on the app when i follow the proposed procedure..  Could it potentially be a damage ribbon that could be powering the circuit board but not actually allowing the connection functionality to return?

Note;
I can connect and fly the aircraft 'blind'  absolutly fine, and the controller works to still take images and videos when in flight, but obviously i cant see the results until it lands and i remove the SD card.
Any help would be appreciated - i just dont want to have to buy a new remote unecessarily when it doesnt feel there's a whole lot wrong with any of the hardware..

2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. May I know what mobile device are you using? Please make sure that it is a compatible device that was listed on our website for compatibility purposes. Also, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? If not, please link your controller to the aircraft then connect your mobile device. If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thank you.

2019-2-16
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You have probably already tried this, but I have seen where some usb cables work and some don't. I have actually had it like you are saying where the cable when plugged in will seem to be connecting but only charges. Nothing wrong with the cable but I think some are made differently allowing for better media transfer. After all, most users are using their usb cables to charge their phones or tablets.
Some might say I'm wrong, but I really do think there is a difference in some of these cables and how they are made. I think they all charge ok, but media transfer might require a bit more.
I installed a brand new "branded" cable and it worked fine. Just something to try if you haven't.
2019-2-16
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Maverick,

Natalia and Ricardo are giving you good advice.  Be sure you are using an Apple Lightning cable.  Other cable types will not work.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2019-2-17
Use props
Maverick333
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2-16 09:46
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience that this caused you. May I know what mobile device are you using? Please make sure that it is a compatible device that was listed on our website for compatibility purposes. Also, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to the aircraft? If not, please link your controller to the aircraft then connect your mobile device. If the issue persists, please let us know for further help. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I've just followed your suggested steps and re-linked my controller to the aircraft successfully, however it hasn't solved my problem.  Still stuck with the 'How to Connect' button on the app.

I'm using an iPhone X, however I've just tried an android phone and my Ipad Mini 2 to see if they work, and its the same problem.  

Also tried multiple usb leads (even the apple factory one) and still no success.

I feel as though the remote and my phone device aren't communicating correctly. Could this be an issue with the ribbon that connect the main circuit board and the USB one?

Thanks for the help
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Maverick333 Posted at 2-17 13:01
Hi Natalia,

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I've just followed your suggested steps and re-linked my controller to the aircraft successfully, however it hasn't solved my problem.  Still stuck with the 'How to Connect' button on the app.

Hi, thanks for the update. If that's the case, we highly suggest sending the drone for diagnosis and for repair. You can contact our support for a further help at http://www.dji.com/support. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules