How to get smoother shots in dji ronin-s
1294 1 2019-2-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fifman
lvl.2
United States

Hello, I'm bit struggling in using the gimbal, I'm sure this has been posted before.. But when i walk i get this up and down motion, I even tried doing the ninja walk bending my knees, and walk from heal to ball of feet. But I still don't get smooth shot. The footage  moves up and down, and now i notice it kinda move side to side, even though i walked pretty staright lol. Any ideas how can I fix this?
2019-2-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Fifman, sorry for the late response because of the Chinese New Year, please refer to the suggestions below to try again.
1. Perform the auto tune and balancing the gimbal properly before shooting.
2. Keep the knees bent when walking to get a smooth shot.
3. Lean forward slightly when shooting, so the pitch axis can reduce the vertical shake caused by walking.
4. Set the corresponding SmoothTrack value based on the shooting requirements. You may turn off Roll SmoothTrack.

Improperly balancing the pan axis will result in a side to side wiggle when the gimbal is trying to stabilize the camera as you walk. To check whether your pan axis is balanced properly, please take something like the included charger and place it under one of the tripod legs and hold the handle. With your other hand, go into the App and run the balance test. All 3 axes should be Excellent if properly balanced. Please check more details here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-182599-1-1.html
2019-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules