1465 4 2015-6-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1045220 ft
  • >>>
Romania

I just bought an inspire 1 few days ago and i notice that the roll axes is not keeping the horizon.
Most of the times the horizon is not corect (over 85% from a flight).
I've try to adjust the roll from the app and after a 180 grades turn of the camera the roll again is not keeping the horizon.
I've run a IMU calibration and gimbal calibration but the issue is still there.
I've borrow another inspire from a friend to see were is the problem, i put my gimbal on the other inspire and the horizon was mosti of the time correct, i put the other gimbal on my inspire and the horizon was corect also most of the time but when i when i use my own gimbal and my own inspire the horizon is not correct.
I notice that the inspire is not that straight if i'm looking from the front of his nose.
I attached few pics.
Anyone can help with this?

horizon1.jpg

hotizon2.jpg

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
image2.JPG
2015-6-8
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

Hi Cata,

Solution: swap gimbals with your friend? (just kidding)
There are a lot of people with inspires and also with Phantom 3 having this problem, including me.
If you search on this forum for 'horizon' in the Phantom 3 section there's a lot of info about it...

I returned mine yesterday (it was very new) and got a new one, the new one is better, but it still has a bit of tilting going on. I'm afraid to calibrate it , because maybe it will get worse, so I'll wait for more info by DJI

My guess it that they will have to admit this is a real problem, some are better than other but all have a bit of tilt.
Even the Phantom 3 demo video on the DJI site has lots of tilted shots, that says a lot ;)

Marcel
2015-6-10
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I also have this problem ...

You discovered that your "landing gear" is slightly "tilted".
Did you try doing the IMU and GIMBAL calibration with the center part of the bird "level" (putting something under the legs on one side) ?
2015-6-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try the IMU calibration on a very level surface.  Like use a level surface.  Make sure the Inspire is cool before calibrating.  Many have found that this helps.
2015-6-10
Use props
ea6le
lvl.2

Turks and Caicos Islands

Salut!

Try to start it on level surface, I think the gimbal is calibrating every time you start it. there was a solution to run auto calibration while flying but it didn't work for me.
Also be sure you do a IMU advanced calibration after you update the firmware and use a perfect leveled surface. Compass calibration should be done after upgrade or when you travel in different locations but be sure to do it away from any magnetic interferences.
2015-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules