OSMO ACTION Winter test and review
3432 13 2019-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anthonyb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 486381 ft
New Zealand

Just uploaded a 4K video testing the OSMO ACTION in the freezing cold, wet and snowy mountains in New Zealand.  I was also testing some other camping gear too.  Overall the OSMO performed superbly.  I did the same test the week before with a GoPro Hero 7 Black which crashed multiple times and then ultimately died completely.  Feel free to critique!  Cheers.

Youtube takes a while to process 4K uploads so it might take 24 hours to be fully processed.

2019-8-29
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Nicely done, great footage. Thanks for sharing
2019-8-30
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

Nz is a very nice place, for sure i place i could live the last years of my life and feel free when i die.
2019-8-30
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Fun and informative video.  Ah, to be young again....  

From the home of MSR, Seattle, keep it up.
2019-8-30
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day anthonyb. Thank you for sharing this wonderful winter test and review video you have created for the DJI Osmo Action. Great work and thank you for your valued support.
2019-8-30
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice
2019-8-31
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nice video, thanks for sharing
2019-8-31
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Are you using an ND filter? You will get a jittery footage if you're trying to follow the 180 degree rule...
2019-9-2
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

El Diabolico Posted at 9-2 00:05
Are you using an ND filter? You will get a jittery footage if you're trying to follow the 180 degree rule...

No filter.  I'm going to switch up to 60fps in the future and let FCPX bring it back down to 30fps post production.  WRT the 180 degree rule, It's not on the top of my list of things to comply with.  I'm just trying to have a bit of fun.
2019-9-2
Use props
David_Harry
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi Anthony.

And this is why GoPro have to do it properly with the Hero8. I fairly much done the exact same thing, sent the GP7 back and got the Action.

I've watched about 20 minutes of this video skipping through to different scenes and it's awesome. This is a brilliant video for showing just how good the Action is for proper vlogging/documentation for this kind of stuff or any type of travel, daily type stuff. Don't get me wrong, there really isn't much between the GP7 and the Action, the Action has certain issues but no showstoppers like the GP7. I dare say that if the GP7 worked as well as the Action as far as technical issues are concerned, it'd be a straight toss up between them both. But for now and on balance, the Action is definitely the better of the two for this type of filming, you've proved that with your video.

On the point of the mics and audio. Until we see the mic adaptor for the Action, you may want to tryout the Rycote Micro Windjammers for the internals on the Action. They don't block heavy wind but are quite good for mild breezes. Here's a couple videos that may be of interest. https://forum.dji.com/thread-190608-1-1.html   https://forum.dji.com/thread-197192-1-1.html

Say hello to Bruce for me, he looks like a proper best friend.

Again, great video.

Cheers,
Dave.
2019-9-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

OMG, a bit long
But nice though!
2019-9-2
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brilliant review
2019-9-2
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

anthonyb Posted at 9-2 00:26
No filter.  I'm going to switch up to 60fps in the future and let FCPX bring it back down to 30fps post production.  WRT the 180 degree rule, It's not on the top of my list of things to comply with.  I'm just trying to have a bit of fun.

Humm... that's very weird. You should have VERY stable footage without any ND filter (automatic shutter speed).
2019-9-2
Use props
anthonyb
lvl.4
New Zealand

El Diabolico Posted at 9-2 06:31
Humm... that's very weird. You should have VERY stable footage without any ND filter (automatic shutter speed).

Most of it was very stable.  The shaky bit on the way down was because rocksteady was accidentally switched off.  Slight blurring was because I was filming in 24fps, which isn't good for panning and fast movements.
2019-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules