Poor video quality
1310 5 2019-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flatlands Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi all. I have just bought a 2nd hand spark. I have no warnings etc and it fly's perfect but the video quality is poor. I know that the cached video quality is poor but this is straight from the SD card. Sample video is at https://youtu.be/LdEBOIFnss8 Before I tear it down does anyone have any suggestions please?
2019-10-17
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274829 ft
Canada

there was tread a long time ago, with a problem similar to yours I think. I had a look at your video and it looks almost like interlacing, but those are usually horizontal. Have a peek at the thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110827-1-1.html
Hopefully it may be something like a video conversion or something not as serious, maybe another member may have seen some hung like this. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
2019-10-17
Use props
Flatlands Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CoollyMcAwesome Posted at 10-17 17:18
there was tread a long time ago, with a problem similar to yours I think. I had a look at your video and it looks almost like interlacing, but those are usually horizontal. Have a peek at the thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-110827-1-1.html
Hopefully it may be something like a video conversion or something not as serious, maybe another member may have seen some hung like this. Good luck, let us know how it goes.

Thank you for your reply. I've ordered a better SD card and it should arrive by Monday. I will post the results. Fingers crossed!! I've read the other posts and it looks like a serious repair job if the SD card replacement doesn't work. I've no errors and it fly's perfect so it's a mystery!
2019-10-18
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Canada

Flatlands Flyer Posted at 10-18 00:18
Thank you for your reply. I've ordered a better SD card and it should arrive by Monday. I will post the results. Fingers crossed!! I've read the other posts and it looks like a serious repair job if the SD card replacement doesn't work. I've no errors and it fly's perfect so it's a mystery!

Hopefully that will work, these units have a lot of chips that have these ball grid array for connections, in a crash it could knock a few connection, maybe be intermittent.Certainly hope it may be the card. Your are right no error message at all. If the card does not work. Maybe do a reset of every single thing hat can be reseted, one by one with a test flight with video. This way you can try and solve the issue and try to narrow it down for next time. Again hoping things work out for you.
2019-10-18
Use props
Flatlands Flyer
lvl.2

United Kingdom

CoollyMcAwesome Posted at 10-18 19:59
Hopefully that will work, these units have a lot of chips that have these ball grid array for connections, in a crash it could knock a few connection, maybe be intermittent.Certainly hope it may be the card. Your are right no error message at all. If the card does not work. Maybe do a reset of every single thing hat can be reseted, one by one with a test flight with video. This way you can try and solve the issue and try to narrow it down for next time. Again hoping things work out for you.

The new SD card arrived today but the video is still the same. I think a repair by a professional might be more than the drones worth but I'll get an estimate. I might have a peek inside in case there is a ribbon cable connection come loose. Strange as it's not giving any errors and is flying perfectly with everything working ok.
2019-10-19
Use props
CoollyMcAwesome
lvl.4
Canada

Flatlands Flyer Posted at 10-19 10:55
The new SD card arrived today but the video is still the same. I think a repair by a professional might be more than the drones worth but I'll get an estimate. I might have a peek inside in case there is a ribbon cable connection come loose. Strange as it's not giving any errors and is flying perfectly with everything working ok.

Lots of miniaturization on these device, who knows what may have been affected by a crash or a hard knock.
If your brave and this drone being second hand is no longer warranty you head over to ifixit and they have a store that sell parts and take apart of the spark. The main board I think is around 70ish US.  Look at the take apart of the spark, you tube has them, hopefully you can see where this video chip is. Lots of modular units on these quads so it  may or may not be on the main board, but I sure will not take you long if you do some Google research. The good thing is you will learn about the spark and in the future, even if you don't repair this unit, it could be a source of spare parts. Maybe it is a loose ribbon cable, pay close attention to the connector as some have this lift tab you need to flip up and ribbon cable as a wrong tug may rip them. Also check out another forum called phantom pilots they have a lot of technical people that may be able to help. Good Luck!
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules