[SOLVED] Mavic Mini RC Video link problems after 1.0.4 update
2417 7 2019-12-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

EDIT: I no longer believe this issue was caused by the firmware. This was user error. I had neglected to consider that I also just started using a screen recording app during my flights (AZ Screen Recorder). I Powered AC and RC on at home to test video link quality WITHOUT screen recording, and video link now appears 100% normal. As soon as I begin a screen recording, the video link distortion / lag re-appears. My mistake! I will confirm everything is functioning normally in flight when I have daylight for a test flight, but I am pretty confident the issue was only occuring during screen recording with a separate app on my phone. Thanks again to everyone who responded and sorry for the user error on my part.

Last night I updated the firmware to the new release 1.0.4, as well as the Fly app.
On all my flights on the previous 1.0.3 firmware I found the live video feed to the controller to have very good clarity and very low latency. Only a few times did I notice any minor distortion or lag, and those only occured when the MM was at a long distance from the controller.

Today I took the MM out for a flight and as soon as I turned on both the controller and the mini, I noticed the video feed to the controller was both very distorted and very laggy. I checked the transmission page in the Fly app, and the signal was shown to be strong and stable, with no interference. The transmission graph looked about the same as it had when I had checked it at this same location on previous firmware. I restarted the mini, the controller, and my smartphone. When powering all back on the video link problem persisted so I powered everything down and drove to another location where I've also had no problems with previous flights on the previous firmware.

At the second location I got the same results, video feed is extremely distorted and very laggy. This is occuring at ANY distance from the controller, whether I am 1 foot away or 1000 feet away. Repeated at a third location a few miles away where I have flown previously and the video link problem persisted at any distance from the controller.

I spoke briefly with DJI support on the phone who requested I send an email about the issue, which I have sent.

Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?
Is it possible to downgrade back to the previous firmware to check if this update was the cause of my issue?

Any suggestions are appreciated, have a good day.
2019-12-31
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

I have upgraded to new firmware and new dji fly app with no problem. I will test it tommorow and Ill leave my comments
2019-12-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not experiencing that issue.  However, as with any firmware update sometimes it does not fully apply properly.  While you are waiting on DJI to reply I suggest that you reinstall the RC and AC firmware via PC and DJI Assistant 2.  That just might do the trick.  
2019-12-31
Use props
djicheaha
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2957598 ft
  • >>>
United States

I installed the firmware, including the batteries. No problems with installation. Plan to test flight next year, tomorrow. Will post results. As suggested above, maybe a reload via PC might be a remedy.
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_hdHfvDzoQ6iZ
New

Chile

Yo actualice y  tengo problemas para volar dentro de mi casa, ya que el dron ahora obligadamente necesita tener conexión a gps, un asco si pueden NO actualicen nada
2019-12-31
Use props
djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1972316 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 13:33
I am not experiencing that issue.  However, as with any firmware update sometimes it does not fully apply properly.  While you are waiting on DJI to reply I suggest that you reinstall the RC and AC firmware via PC and DJI Assistant 2.  That just might do the trick.
EDIT: I no longer believe this issue was caused by the firmware update. This was user error on my part. My mistake!
Edited my original post at top of this thread to explain what I believe actually caused the issue, scroll up if interested.

Thanks for your advice I will attempt a reinstall via PC / DJI Assistant 2 for both RC and AC later this evening, and test to see if that solves my issue. I'll post here again to confirm whether or not that restores my RC video link.

I appreciate everyone's responses. Happy New Year!
2019-12-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

djiuser_WFxwb3PkZgsK Posted at 2019-12-31 14:12
EDIT: I no longer believe this issue was caused by the firmware update. This was user error on my part. My mistake!
Edited my original post at top of this thread to explain what I believe actually caused the issue, scroll up if interested.

Hi. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-1
Use props
djiuser_QgFHYWPUOPZA
lvl.2

Colombia

djiuser_hdHfvDzoQ6iZ Posted at 2019-12-31 14:09
Yo actualice y  tengo problemas para volar dentro de mi casa, ya que el dron ahora obligadamente necesita tener conexión a gps, un asco si pueden NO actualicen nada

Brother si puedes volar pero debes desactivar la opción GPS (Esta bloquea al drone si tienes 8 o menos satélites). En el panel de chequeo, mira la notificación que te avisa del estado GPS... lo desactivas y puedes volar en Atti mode
2020-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules