Mavic 2 Cellular 4g over Wifi
1350 3 2020-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ratfink11
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,

Im struggling a bit to get pointed in the right direction and have no issue developing or hiring a developer to help me.

I live in a very rural area on a large thousands of acres. There is no restricted airspace. No problems flying at night. So no legal issues that I care to discuss.

I need to fly longer distances as the WiFi isnt cutting it due to trees, hills, etc... I would like to figure a way to fly using the 4g cellular network using 4g Dongles as hotspots and intercepting the wifi with the dongles and flying over 4g.  There is an active Parrot UAV community doing this https://github.com/uavpal/disco4g.

I am under pressure to control the homeless encampment issues on the property and this would be an easy solution.

Any ideas, direction. Or links to sdk or what needs to be modded would be helpful. Or if anyone could help? Compensation? I would be very grateful.

Thanks

2020-6-20
Use props
DJI_Lisa
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Hey there - i see that you haven't received a response for your issue here and I believe it's likely because this is less of a software developer SDK problem to solve and more about getting the right DJI drone and accessories.  Have you tried contacting our DJI Sales Reps or a local DJI dealer?
2020-7-9
Use props
Ratfink11
lvl.1
United States

So your telling me I have spent over 15 thousand dollars for a brand new drone, (Mavic 2 Pro) along with Smart Controller, and bunch of batteries, charging systems, cases, accessories... FOR NO REASON, USELESS, JUST THROWING AWAY MONEY BECAUSE I LIKE TO THROW AWAY MONEY?  Your telling me I have to simply throw away my brand new drone right?

I have a simpler solution.  Why not give me access to Occusync wifi transmission so I can write some simple code and use my 4g dongles? Iinstead of me having to throw away 15 thousand dollars of brand new brand new brand new Mavic 2 Pro Drone?
2021-1-5
Use props
Super pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174905 ft
Russia

Ratfink11 Posted at 1-5 17:07
So your telling me I have spent over 15 thousand dollars for a brand new drone, (Mavic 2 Pro) along with Smart Controller, and bunch of batteries, charging systems, cases, accessories... FOR NO REASON, USELESS, JUST THROWING AWAY MONEY BECAUSE I LIKE TO THROW AWAY MONEY?  Your telling me I have to simply throw away my brand new drone right?

I have a simpler solution.  Why not give me access to Occusync wifi transmission so I can write some simple code and use my 4g dongles? Iinstead of me having to throw away 15 thousand dollars of brand new brand new brand new Mavic 2 Pro Drone?

You initially did not choose the right product for solving your problem. You don't need a quadcopter, but products like Autel Dragonfish or Parrot Disco 4G.
2021-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules