DJI SUPPORT COMPLAINT
962 11 2020-7-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

IVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY DRONE AND DURING A FLIGHT, WHEN I WAS CONTROLLING THE DRONE TO FORWARD, THE CAMERA LOST THE CONTACT TO GIMBALL AND WENT DOWN, THE DRONE SUDDENLY STOPPED AND 2 SECONDS LATER STARTED TO GO BACKWARDS, ALL OF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I WAS PRESSING THE CONTROLLER TO GO FORWARD. THEN I STOPPED CONTROLLING IT, I WAS JUST HOLDING THE CONTROLLER IN MY HAND DOING NOTHING AT ALL AND THE DRONE CONTINUED TO GO BACKWARDS AT FULL SPEED ON HIS OWN, THEN IT CRASHED INTO A TREE AND DOESNT WORKED ANYMORE.
IVE SENT THE DRONE TO DJI SUPPORT IN FEBRUARY, WE ARE IN AUGUST AND THE DRONE IS STILL THERE, A DJI SUPPORT WORKER NAMED STEFAN VAN DEN BERK CLAIMS THAT THE FAULT OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DRONE WAS MINE AND THAT IS NO CASE FOR WARRANTY AND I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE.
IM A EXPERIENCED DRONE PILOT AND THIS SITUATION NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT AT ALL AND I STILL HAVE A VIDEO AND WITNESSES TO PROVE WHAT HAPPENED BUT THIS SUPPORT WORKER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING.
I WANT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF TIME THIS SITUATION HAS TAKEN AND ABOUT THE WORKER THAT REFUSES TO HELP OR HEAR WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD THIS SITUATION WITH A DRONE AND I COUND'T BE MORE DISPLEASED WITH DJI SUPPORT, ITS UNACCEPTABLE A COMPANY LIKE DJI HAVE THIS KIND OF SUPPORT TO THE CUSTOMERS.
2020-7-31
Use props
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI SUPPORT COMPLAINT

IVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY DRONE AND DURING A FLIGHT, WHEN I WAS CONTROLLING THE DRONE TO FORWARD, THE CAMERA LOST THE CONTACT TO GIMBALL AND WENT DOWN, THE DRONE SUDDENLY STOPPED AND 2 SECONDS LATER STARTED TO GO BACKWARDS, ALL OF THIS HAPPENED WHEN I WAS PRESSING THE CONTROLLER TO GO FORWARD. THEN I STOPPED CONTROLLING IT, I WAS JUST HOLDING THE CONTROLLER IN MY HAND DOING NOTHING AT ALL AND THE DRONE CONTINUED TO GO BACKWARDS AT FULL SPEED ON HIS OWN, THEN IT CRASHED INTO A TREE AND DOESNT WORKED ANYMORE.
IVE SENT THE DRONE TO DJI SUPPORT IN FEBRUARY, WE ARE IN AUGUST AND THE DRONE IS STILL THERE, A DJI SUPPORT WORKER NAMED STEFAN VAN DEN BERK CLAIMS THAT THE FAULT OF WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DRONE WAS MINE AND THAT IS NO CASE FOR WARRANTY AND I WILL HAVE TO PAY FOR A NEW ONE.
IM A EXPERIENCED DRONE PILOT AND THIS SITUATION NEVER HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE. IT WAS NOT MY FAULT AT ALL AND I STILL HAVE A VIDEO AND WITNESSES TO PROVE WHAT HAPPENED BUT THIS SUPPORT WORKER DOESN'T CARE ABOUT ANYTHING.
I WANT TO MAKE A COMPLAINT ABOUT THE AMOUNT OF TIME THIS SITUATION HAS TAKEN AND ABOUT THE WORKER THAT REFUSES TO HELP OR HEAR WHAT REALLY HAPPENED. WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD THIS SITUATION WITH A DRONE AND I COUND'T BE MORE DISPLEASED WITH DJI SUPPORT, ITS UNACCEPTABLE A COMPANY LIKE DJI HAVE THIS KIND OF SUPPORT TO THE CUSTOMERS.

2020-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi brasdio, we are so sorry to read your unpleasant experience with our customer support team, may we confirm the case number so that we could check the details and further help? Thank you in advance.
2020-7-31
Use props
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

Hello, The case number is CAS - 4494924-J5W3P1 . I dont know if in the case there is the video ive sent or any of my declarations about what happened, but by the worker, he tells me that the data shows something and the data is perfect, it can't be wrong. But there is nothing perfect and im really exhausted about this situation because it was not my fault.
thank for your help in advance! hope someone can help me really. Im an experienced drone pilot but with everything thats going on i dont have the budget to buy another drone, and i will not pay for something that was not my fault.

thank you for your availability
2020-8-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brasdio Posted at 8-1 08:21
Hello, The case number is CAS - 4494924-J5W3P1 . I dont know if in the case there is the video ive sent or any of my declarations about what happened, but by the worker, he tells me that the data shows something and the data is perfect, it can't be wrong. But there is nothing perfect and im really exhausted about this situation because it was not my fault.
thank for your help in advance! hope someone can help me really. Im an experienced drone pilot but with everything thats going on i dont have the budget to buy another drone, and i will not pay for something that was not my fault.

Thank you for getting back to me. I had checked the case and data analysis report. As per the data, the drone was in ATTI mode when the accident happened. In Attitude mode, the aircraft could not hover in place, brake or avoid obstacle automatically. The manual also mentioned about this. It is suggested flying the drone with good GPS signal.

Please let me know if you have further questions about the data analysis. Please also provide your personal contact info to me (since the case was created by the dealer), I will try my best to help.

1.png
2020-8-2
Use props
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

thank you so much for that explanation Mindy, you have actually helped more than the worker that was in the case.
but my question is, in atti mode it says that the wind could interfere and if its in confined places its bad too, but the place i was flying it was in nature, with no trees or houses or anything in a radious of 200 meters or far more, and there was no wind, why did the drone went backwards on its own without me controlling it ?
i have made a lot of atti flights and the situation never happened to me.
my email is diogoemp7@gmail.com, if you can help, i would really appreciate it
2020-8-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

brasdio Posted at 8-3 16:57
thank you so much for that explanation Mindy, you have actually helped more than the worker that was in the case.
but my question is, in atti mode it says that the wind could interfere and if its in confined places its bad too, but the place i was flying it was in nature, with no trees or houses or anything in a radious of 200 meters or far more, and there was no wind, why did the drone went backwards on its own without me controlling it ?

Thank you for getting back to us. In fact, when the drone is in ATTI mode, it is unable to hover, because there is no GPS signal for it to locate its position, and the vision system is also unable to help for hovering since the Vision System was not available above the water. When the is unable to hover stably, it may result in horizontal shifting without stick input. So please be cautious when the drone is in ATTI mode.
I will try to escalate your case to the higher department and see if there is a better offer on your case.
2020-8-4
Use props
kristenpaquette
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2831 ft
United States

brasdio Posted at 8-3 16:57
but my question is, in atti mode it says that the wind could interfere and if its in confined places its bad too, but the place i was flying it was in nature, with no trees or houses or anything in a radious of 200 meters or far more, and there was no wind, why did the drone went backwards on its own without me controlling it ?

Following - Interested to learn the resolution of this!
2020-8-4
Use props
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-4 02:56
Thank you for getting back to us. In fact, when the drone is in ATTI mode, it is unable to hover, because there is no GPS signal for it to locate its position, and the vision system is also unable to help for hovering since the Vision System was not available above the water. When the is unable to hover stably, it may result in horizontal shifting without stick input. So please be cautious when the drone is in ATTI mode.
I will try to escalate your case to the higher department and see if there is a better offer on your case.

that is something that never happened to me, in my country there is a lot of places that have a weak gps signal so its frequent to fly in ATTI mode.
The offer that your co worker told me was that he was getting a 30% off, and that this was no case for warranty but its a lot of money to pay for something that i had already payd for and that its on DJI support over 6 months and i still know that was not my fault, much other people fly their drones in the place i did and this thing never happened to me or to them, i would love to be valued as a customer and its something that i feel DJI is not doing. Even i used to use the drone for work and without it, im without jobs and its pretty hard to me to pay any amount at this time, specially with this pandemic thats happenning.

if you can get to me before the time to decide with your co worker is over, that would be amazing and try to send an email to diogoemp7@gmail.com with the outcome of your efforts.

I greatly appreciate your help and your availability!

Regards
2020-8-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brasdio Posted at 8-4 10:03
that is something that never happened to me, in my country there is a lot of places that have a weak gps signal so its frequent to fly in ATTI mode.
The offer that your co worker told me was that he was getting a 30% off, and that this was no case for warranty but its a lot of money to pay for something that i had already payd for and that its on DJI support over 6 months and i still know that was not my fault, much other people fly their drones in the place i did and this thing never happened to me or to them, i would love to be valued as a customer and its something that i feel DJI is not doing. Even i used to use the drone for work and without it, im without jobs and its pretty hard to me to pay any amount at this time, specially with this pandemic thats happenning.

Hi there, I had double confirmed your case with the analyst. The reason remains the same, there is no malfunction found.
As mentioned above, when the drone doesn't have enough GPS signal and it is in ATTI mode, even if there are no inputs from the pilot, the aircraft will drift itself.
That may let the pilot feel the aircraft is unresponsive, but it is caused by the weak GPS signal rather than the malfunction. In ATTI mode, the flight hazards increased. For safety concerns, it's suggested that our pilots wait for the drone to collect enough GPS signal first, and fly the aircraft with a good GPS signal environment.
I noticed that the proper team had replied to your email, if you have further questions, you can also reply to the email directly. Hope for your kind understanding.
2020-8-5
Use props
brasdio
lvl.1

Portugal

DJI Susan Posted at 8-5 01:24
Hi there, I had double confirmed your case with the analyst. The reason remains the same, there is no malfunction found.
As mentioned above, when the drone doesn't have enough GPS signal and it is in ATTI mode, even if there are no inputs from the pilot, the aircraft will drift itself.
That may let the pilot feel the aircraft is unresponsive, but it is caused by the weak GPS signal rather than the malfunction. In ATTI mode, the flight hazards increased. For safety concerns, it's suggested that our pilots wait for the drone to collect enough GPS signal first, and fly the aircraft with a good GPS signal environment.

Thank you, the problem is what i told, if thats the rules that dji follow, that we have to wait for the drone to collect enought gps, then nobody in my country would have a drone, all the people i know fly the drones with no gps signal and this never happened to them, thats my big question, why happened to me?
i truly understand what you said and i respect but mostly, i dont agree with it, if thats like that nobody would have drones... i answered directly to your co worker but he was arrogant, and if you see all the emails that he had sent to me you can see, its not a way to take care of customers.
My complaint is that, the person that took care of my case and dji for not taking care of their customers and of course, the 6 months that dji support have my drone, do you think thats right? i think its unacceptable in the first place.

but thank you for spend a little of your time trying to explain to me, its just that i feel that i wasn't treated well as a customer.

further due, i understood what happened but where i can make a real complaint?
the complaint if for the time dji took to answer and for the bad treatment that i got.
2020-8-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

brasdio Posted at 8-5 15:15
Thank you, the problem is what i told, if thats the rules that dji follow, that we have to wait for the drone to collect enought gps, then nobody in my country would have a drone, all the people i know fly the drones with no gps signal and this never happened to them, thats my big question, why happened to me?
i truly understand what you said and i respect but mostly, i dont agree with it, if thats like that nobody would have drones... i answered directly to your co worker but he was arrogant, and if you see all the emails that he had sent to me you can see, its not a way to take care of customers.
My complaint is that, the person that took care of my case and dji for not taking care of their customers and of course, the 6 months that dji support have my drone, do you think thats right? i think its unacceptable in the first place.

I am sorry for the difficulties. I will escalate your case again to the managerial department. They will contact you soon.
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules