Importing audio in dji fly video editor
8079 10 2020-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wysocki
lvl.2

United States

When I start a flight I start the video recorder and I also start a voice recorder on my phone to capture my commentary during the flight. Ultimately, I wll downoad both files into a real video editor on my computer, but I thought I'd use the built in editor to make a quick draft to send to friends.

Not exactly the most intuitive piece of software I must admit. Finally I have the video clip selected and I want to merge the audio track I recorded. I select LOCAL in the music library and then Import from File Manager, but then I'm given only a few choices of where to get the file from, (Audio, Recent, Downloads, SDcard, and GoogleDrive). No option to select from main device storage???
So I moved the audio file from main storage to the SD card, but it was dimmed out evidently because it had an mp4 extension! So I renamed the file to have an mp3 extension and it became selectable. So I selected it but then I got an error "Importing Failed. Unknown audio format." Really? An audio format like mp3 not recognized?

Looking for any possible way to import an audio file from main memory...

2020-9-4
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

You sure you have the right file?  An audio file would not normally have an .mp4 file extention.
2020-9-4
Use props
Wysocki
lvl.2

United States

Yeah, I know. I use Tasker to do the audio recording automatically whenever I shoot video and I accidentally set the filename extension to mp4. Which WILL WORK for audio in most devices. So, ok, I changed the extension to mp3, probably the world's most popular audio format. The mp3 AND mp4 versions both play in several music players i have.

In any case, the file manager won't let me even select an mp4 file, and when I select the mp3 version, it says it's not a valid format!
2020-9-5
Use props
djiuser_F7HIgE7VHyCK
New
Belgium

I want to add an Apple Music (iTunes) music track according to my tastes but why it doen not work? Dies it depend on something?
2020-9-12
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

United States

How to I add Spotify music to it? Do I need to use the tool like DRmare Music Converter for Spotify, etc.?
2021-1-12
Use props
mollyyyy
lvl.2

United States

Both Apple music and Spotify music have DRM protection, you guys may need the helps of 3rd party tool like Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify music to MP3 then importing audio in dji fly video editor.
2021-2-22
Use props
djiuser_Lhr33XDCDIsk
lvl.1

United States

mendo Posted at 1-12 18:32
How to I add Spotify music to it? Do I need to use the tool like DRmare Music Converter for Spotify, etc.?

Hey bro you need a Spotify music downloader actually. Spotify songs are not available to use in any audio/video editor. I use AudKit's Spotify music downloader. Works smoothly. You may try it.
2021-3-22
Use props
Bella Gorden
lvl.2

United States

djiuser_F7HIgE7VHyCK Posted at 2020-9-12 06:55
I want to add an Apple Music (iTunes) music track according to my tastes but why it doen not work? Dies it depend on something?

All songs from Apple Music are protected by Digital Rights Management. So, you can only use Apple Music songs with your Apple Music app. If you want to add them to your videos, you need to convert Apple Music to MP3 by using an Apple Music Converter first.
2021-3-23
Use props
Simon Kre
lvl.1
Flight distance : 176312 ft
Poland

Wysocki Posted at 2020-9-5 09:14
Yeah, I know. I use Tasker to do the audio recording automatically whenever I shoot video and I accidentally set the filename extension to mp4. Which WILL WORK for audio in most devices. So, ok, I changed the extension to mp3, probably the world's most popular audio format. The mp3 AND mp4 versions both play in several music players i have.

In any case, the file manager won't let me even select an mp4 file, and when I select the mp3 version, it says it's not a valid format!

I had the same problem - after copying the mp3 file to the phone's memory and the folder 'Music' it imported correctly. It looks like a folder permission issue.
2021-7-2
Use props
djiuser_3Ck93XeFsTyS
New

United Kingdom

That's because You need to convert your mp4 to mp3 in a suitable file converter. You cannot just rename it & expect it to work.
2021-10-4
Use props
tracymiller5
lvl.1

United States

I think you are confusing the difference between .mp4 and .mp3. Generally speaking, most music players can only recognize the mp3 format. You should be able to try a video editor to convert the format. And you can find it at https://www.recovery-tool.com/.
2022-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules