DJI, please resolve the firmware issues of the gen 1 SC.
943 2 2021-1-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've seen a lot of users complain about the Pan Axis never giving a rating beyond "re-balance needed" on the current firmware. The only way I could even resolve this was to rollback 2 firmware updates, so there are some bugs in the current firmware build that need to be looked at. I'm worried that because there's a newer Ronin SC out, this will just be ignored and those who can't or don't wish to upgrade the hardware will just have to hope that axis is balanced or revert back and potentially lose some important updates that were included in those firmware updates.

This is kind of more of a rant than a request for help, but if anyone from DJI sees this, please, don't leave the adopters of the first Ronin SC out to dry.
2021-1-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unsatisfied product experience. For the Pan Axis 're-balanced' issue,  you can try to hold the gimbal over the 15 degree (no more than 45 degree) when doing the balance test to see if the result will be different?

We will also send you feedback to our engineer to aware for that, we will be in touch.

Thank you.
2021-1-25
Use props
griffdude13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53507 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 1-25 07:05
Hello there, we are sorry for bringing you this unsatisfied product experience. For the Pan Axis 're-balanced' issue,  you can try to hold the gimbal over the 15 degree (no more than 45 degree) when doing the balance test to see if the result will be different?

We will also send you feedback to our engineer to aware for that, we will be in touch.

I've done this, to varying degrees, referring to both the official videos DJI has released as well as ones that others consumers have put out.

I downgraded the firmware and did not adjust anything, and then it finally worked, so I am fairly certain its a firmware issue.
EDIT: And I'm using a Sony A6400 with a cage on it with a kit lens, so its well within the weight limit.
2021-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules