Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_U235Psmv9M2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207835 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]Dear Sir/ Madam,
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I am writing in regards to the status update on my Mavic Air 2. On the 08/02/21, due to a manufacturing fault (loss of RC coneection to drone less than 1km away!) I sent my drone for repair through UPS, using DJI's own postage label that they sent me. Since then I have recieved no updates as to where my drone is, or if it has been fixed. On the 17/02/21 I spoke to UPS 3 times, concluding that they were unable to locate where my drone was.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]On the 17/02/21 I then spoke to a lady from DJI, who forwarded this matter to the logisitics team and promised that the logistics team will update me within 48 hours after setting up their own enquiry with UPS. I recieved no update. I then followed up again on the 19/02/21 and was told by a differennt representnative, that they have “prioritised” my case and that I should receive an email from the logistics team in another 48 hours. One week later to my first follow up, I have still recieved no update.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I am completely dissatisfied with the service I have received from DJI, and believe my drone is in fact missing due to the courrier provider provided by DJI. It has been disappointing enough to have encountered manufacturing problems involving the range of the drone, less than 1 month of using the drone (a problem I have read that countless users of the Mavic Air 2 have), but to now lose this expensive piece of technology in transit is beyond furstrating. This was a very expensive gift and it is simply not good enough that nobodyy is able to locate it within reasonable time or reimburse me for my loss. Could you please advise, because I’m sure you’ll agree, the service I have received during this entire process has been substandard to say the least.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I hope this matter can be resolved quickly and I can be reimbursed, otherwise I will be pursuing legal options.
[size=14.6667px]I keenly await for your response - thank you for your help.

Case ID: CAS-5851411-T3F4Z5
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]Yours Sincerely,
[size=14.6667px]Harsh Kumar
2021-2-25
Use props
TP-FPV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146821 ft
United States

You have your own options...

Contacting your credit card company would be a start.

Order a new one in the mean time. Not sure it's dji's fault.

Unfortunately UPS loses stuff all of the time.

You are just not that important to the freight company.
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_U235Psmv9M2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207835 ft
United States

TP-FPV Posted at 2-25 06:37
You have your own options...

Contacting your credit card company would be a start.

Make no mistake, it is absolutely DJI's responsibility, as the client of UPS (they provided the delivery label) to set up an enquiry in regards to the location of the drone. 17 days after shipment, one can only assume that it is lost, in which UPS should reimburse the client, DJI, who should then reimburse me. In no way would I accept being out of pocket due to UPS' incompetence.

As you said yourself, I'm not the first person to have this problem and I believe this is how this matter has been dealt with and should be dealt with.
2021-2-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have read your email but i'm not sure if it directed to ups or dji.  either way, i understand your frustration.  over the past few months, i have had to deal with at least 3 missing packages that were either lost, misdelivered, returned, or slow.  millions of americans are upset and the problem is widespread and not specific to any part of the country or any industry or any particular carrier (ups, usps, fedex, dhl).  but i understand it's your package and that's all you care about.

i made phone calls and talked to people and didn't wait for them to call back since i honestly did not believe i would get a callback.  after asking what can be done, i was able to fill out and submit forms and had managers make phone calls among other things.  eventually all of my issues were resolved positively or negatively and either the package was located or the money refunds but it took time.  today i am whole but i am completely aware of the potential for things to go wrong in a hurry so i prepare for the hurt.

i would start by focusing on the immediate problem at hand.  find my package!  not going to matter much if it's a drone or that it won't fly even though it is new....bad things happen.  there is a process and when the process is broken, you have to follow thru with resolution if you intend to get satisfaction.  i'm not sure if there is a such thing as prioritization but it sounds like your issues began in february and since it's still february, i'm almost sure that no one (except you) can feel the urgency so i would set my expectation.  it's never a good idea to threaten legal action because there are so many steps before then.  generally you need to give merchants and carriers the opportunity to fix it and when it reaches that point, you have a discussion with your bank/credit card.  if you can't get satisfaction, then it might be time for legal but that's only after claims are denied and last resort.  who cares about that broken drone if ups will send you a check for $900, right?  finally, i don't know about countless ma2 owners having these problems, that's hyperbole.  the ma2 is solid and it's real but it's not perfect so it doesn't help to include that.  because if ma2 is that bad, why even buy it?

either way i wish you luck and as i said, i feel you...i've been thru it....we've all been there.  it's not fun.  in the future, think about how to mitigate these issues.  "being out of pocket" is never going to be a factor since it's the cost of doing business online.  go to best buy and pay a little bit more if you are risk adverse.  use a credit card where you have more options.  personally i have other drones that i can fly because i know that no one else on the planet cares if i don't have a drone to fly, unfortunately that's just the way it is.  don't forget to plan ahead and prepare for the worse...and i sincerely hope everything works out for you.
2021-2-25
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hmmm Covid-19 and ice storms across the US. People freezing to death, no water no power and no Shipping. It will sort itself out, give it time, a lot of time. We are all experiencing shipping delays at the moment.
2021-2-25
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

Do you have a receipt from UPS?  If so, that will put responsibility with ups and the shipper (DJI).  If not, then you may be out of luck.  It is YOUR responsibility, even when someone else contracts the shipment, to prove that you tendered the shipment to the shipper.  Sad, but that's the way t works from a legal perspective.  

You’ve said nothing here about a shipping receipt or tracking.  Without that, DJI would legitimately be able to claim that you never gave the shipment to the shipper..

2021-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules