9897 24 2021-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_8qa1d4VX9cKv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14396 ft
Sweden

Hi,

My video gets choppy when I record my flights.
It's not smooth at all like the other videos I watch on youtube when people record from their Dji FPV Drone.
(I believe it's my settings, not the drone)
I'm not good at editing/settings, so looking for some help to get smoother videos =)

This is my latest video, recorded with the sd-card installed in the drone:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoiCq5AH8kU&list=PLJHS4qrRcGTrhnw6cDnbk6uvRrhYSeBYN&index=6&t=506s

As you can see, the video is choppy, and when flying over grass & water it get's grainy as well.

Video settings on drone:
4k 60 fps.
SD-Card: SanDisk Extreme, 64GB V30, U3 (from 2018 I believe).
Edited on Macbook Pro 13-inch from 2018, with upgraded Ram memory (16GB). Latest Final Cut Pro.
Settings in FCP: 4k, 24p. Apple ProRes 422 HQ.

My question is, are the settings in Final Cut Pro not right?
Is my SD-card maybe too old?
I'm I doing anything wrong?

Thanks!
2021-3-23
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Check your card, it should play off the card on the Mac just fine, if the source is choppy the card may not be fast enough. I’m using Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10 U3 they work great. Make sure your card is not a fake!
2021-3-23
Use props
ErikAndersson
lvl.1
Sweden

Buzzyone Posted at 3-23 02:50
Check your card, it should play off the card on the Mac just fine, if the source is choppy the card may not be fast enough. I’m using Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10 U3 they work great. Make sure your card is not a fake!

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah the original file playing on the Mac shows the same issues, so it maybee the card...

Thanks again
2021-3-23
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I found me footage after editting in final cut pro x also not right.
I changed following in fcpx : i shot my footage in 4k50fps and did editting and final editted footage in 4k25fps.( in europe) in usa its 4k60fps.
So i changed the project in fcpx in also 4k50 fps and also finalized in 4k50fps. And my film was fine , no
choppiness
2021-3-23
Use props
ErikAndersson
lvl.1
Sweden

dronie1965 Posted at 3-23 04:29
I found me footage after editting in final cut pro x also not right.
I changed following in fcpx : i shot my footage in 4k50fps and did editting and final editted footage in 4k25fps.( in europe) in usa its 4k60fps.
So i changed the project in fcpx in also 4k50 fps and also finalized in 4k50fps. And my film was fine , no

Thanks for your reply, I'll try that too!
2021-3-23
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The footage from the FTP is not going to be the quality or smoothness you’ll get from say a mini 2 or Mavic  or inspire with a 3 axis gimbal. There is many disadvantages to the FPV footage with its one axis gimbal. Therefore  every bump or movement ( and there is plenty on this drone)  requires the processor to stabilize and remove the error. Therefore instead of recording smooth video from a mult-axis gimbal, the FPV camera instead, is performing thousands of corrections per second which deteriorates the quality and loads the processor  when compared to a 3 axis gimbal imaging.

There is no such thing as latency on the drones footage, this only occurs on the goggles live while your viewing it.

Fly safe Mike
2021-3-23
Use props
Winkle
lvl.2
Canada

Card may be faulty, a Sandisk Extreme card should have more than fast enough read/write-speed. I'm using a High Endurance SanDisk card which is a bit slower and it has no issues recording 4K60p video from the FPV drone and I have no issues watching the vids off the card.

It's possible your card might be getting faulty, especially if it's older and has gone through a lot of write/re-write cycle.
2021-3-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post the list of supported SD cards for the DJI FPV. Thank you.

2021-3-23
Use props
ErikAndersson
lvl.1
Sweden

Mike Mas Posted at 3-23 09:52
The footage from the FTP is not going to be the quality or smoothness you’ll get from say a mini 2 or Mavic  or inspire with a 3 axis gimbal. There is many disadvantages to the FPV footage with its one axis gimbal. Therefore  every bump or movement ( and there is plenty on this drone)  requires the processor to stabilize and remove the error. Therefore instead of recording smooth video from a mult-axis gimbal, the FPV camera instead, is performing thousands of corrections per second which deteriorates the quality and loads the processor  when compared to a 3 axis gimbal imaging.

There is no such thing as latency on the drones footage, this only occurs on the goggles live while your viewing it.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply!
But the problem isn't with how stable the drone is, I know that it's not a pure camera/video-drone.
When I compare my footage to other Dji FPV-drone footage mine is way more choppy and grainy.

2021-3-24
Use props
ErikAndersson
lvl.1
Sweden

Winkle Posted at 3-23 10:39
Card may be faulty, a Sandisk Extreme card should have more than fast enough read/write-speed. I'm using a High Endurance SanDisk card which is a bit slower and it has no issues recording 4K60p video from the FPV drone and I have no issues watching the vids off the card.

It's possible your card might be getting faulty, especially if it's older and has gone through a lot of write/re-write cycle.

Thanks for your reply, I think I will have to purchase a new card =)
2021-3-24
Use props
ErikAndersson
lvl.1
Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-23 19:20
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. For additional reference I will post the list of supported SD cards for the DJI FPV. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply!
2021-3-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

ErikAndersson Posted at 3-24 00:11
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your reply!

Hi there ErikAndersson. You are very much welcome and if you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Thank you.
2021-3-25
Use props
djiuser_30ZWRiJbnxQp
New
United States

Mike Mas Posted at 3-23 09:52
The footage from the FTP is not going to be the quality or smoothness you’ll get from say a mini 2 or Mavic  or inspire with a 3 axis gimbal. There is many disadvantages to the FPV footage with its one axis gimbal. Therefore  every bump or movement ( and there is plenty on this drone)  requires the processor to stabilize and remove the error. Therefore instead of recording smooth video from a mult-axis gimbal, the FPV camera instead, is performing thousands of corrections per second which deteriorates the quality and loads the processor  when compared to a 3 axis gimbal imaging.

There is no such thing as latency on the drones footage, this only occurs on the goggles live while your viewing it.

I just did my first flight also with the FPV and it was amazing accept for the 105 degree heat here in Vegas. Just like anyone else i ran in to check the footage on my laptop and every video ( 4 of them) was basically unwatchable as the footage is jumpy all the way through start to finish.  Im inexperienced with this drone but dont believe its ( just the way it is) . Gotta be a setting. I've seen plenty of great footage of this drone. Any help would be appreciated....
2021-8-3
Use props
moboo
New
United States

Hi all — Same problem for me. So I bought a super fast SD card and it didn't fix the problem. (It's nothing to do with gimbal and physical vibration etc; it's skippiness in the frame rate of the video. Similar to the youtube video that OP posted.) Note that the videos coming off the SD card in the headset are fine (just lower resolution of course). It's only the video from the SD card in the drone itself that has this problem.

Here's the super fast SD card that I bought: Kingston 64GB microSDXC Canvas React Plus 285MB/s Read UHS-II, C10, U3, V90, A1 Memory-Card +Adapter (MLPMR2/64GB) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0858KP33K?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

2021-10-16
Use props
Max90payneFPV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2832844 ft
Italy

Hello !!

Unfortunately, the stabilization of the videos on this drone is currently not the best because unfortunately there are still too many vibrations to the cam.

We hope for a future firmware update that will improve the situation.

This drone does not admit errors and is very sensitive to sudden changes in direction or too sudden movements .....

One piece of advice I can give is to slightly adjust the RATES because the default ones are not the best.

In addition, you must be very delicate in piloting the drone trying to have the movements of the sticks as fluid as possible ...

Unfortunately, nothing else can be done at the moment.
2021-10-17
Use props
moboo
New
United States

Fixed, kinda. When I upload the videos to Youtube and play them there, they are fine and smooth. So it's something to do with my player (both Quicktime and VLC on mac). Nothing to do with physical movements like change in direction or vibrations.

2021-10-17
Use props
djiuser_g5dorXbMvgTL
New

United States

I have the same issue. I have tried a couple sd cards and they both have the same issue when copying to my mac mini. Watching videos in VLC & Quicktime.  The latest card i used was…
SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 160MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA

looks like other card was the same but smaller at @ 128gb.

2022-5-11
Use props
djiuser_g5dorXbMvgTL
New

United States

djiuser_g5dorXbMvgTL Posted at 5-11 17:25
I have the same issue. I have tried a couple sd cards and they both have the same issue when copying to my mac mini. Watching videos in VLC & Quicktime.  The latest card i used was…
SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - Up to 160MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA

Uploaded to youtube and now it looks ok. Must be ny mac and/or the vlc or quicktime player
2022-5-11
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531483 ft

United States

Im having this same issue with the avata, did anyone find a player that would play it? The whole video is choppy as if its buffering but yet it never does. even in videos where the drone is hovering or just sitting on the ground this happens. upload to youtube and it works fine. but there is no way to edit the video from there.
2022-9-6
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Flymore91 Posted at 9-6 07:50
Im having this same issue with the avata, did anyone find a player that would play it? The whole video is choppy as if its buffering but yet it never does. even in videos where the drone is hovering or just sitting on the ground this happens. upload to youtube and it works fine. but there is no way to edit the video from there.

It is your computer. It either doesn't have the codex (H64 or H65) or it's too old. But it is something on your computer side of the house. I've done hundreds of flights edited hundreds of videos and only one of my computers in this house has that problem. It's also too old.

I also play the raw files on my flat screen T v's. And one of them has all the issues that have been mentioned here.. But it's also 15 years old and doesn't play 4K
2022-9-6
Use props
Flymore91
lvl.1
Flight distance : 531483 ft

United States

SgtRay Posted at 9-6 08:11
It is your computer. It either doesn't have the codex (H64 or H65) or it's too old. But it is something on your computer side of the house. I've done hundreds of flights edited hundreds of videos and only one of my computers in this house has that problem. It's also too old.

I also play the raw files on my flat screen T v's. And one of them has all the issues that have been mentioned here.. But it's also 15 years old and doesn't play 4K

Thanks ill try it on a friends computer and see if it plays there and update my computer if needed
2022-9-6
Use props
SgtRay
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14860804 ft
United States

Flymore91 Posted at 9-6 10:34
Thanks ill try it on a friends computer and see if it plays there and update my computer if needed

Let me know I'd like to be sure
2022-9-6
Use props
djiuser_S7AThIxuhc0R
New

United States

I flew my Avata for the first time yesterday. When I imported it into an existing project in my editing software with an already set frame rate of 24 FPS I experienced that same frame drop. When I import it into a new project and allow the default project settings, the choppiness goes away. I believe the frame rate of the recording and the editing/playback software are not in agreement so frames have to be dropped every so often to make up the difference. There should be a setting in most editors that allows for clips of different frame rates. Google search for your chosen editor or playback.
2022-9-30
Use props
CBTN
New

United States

Just got the Air 3, my video is choppy also.  It's like it skips or has a jump every 1 or 2 seconds.  My cache or buffer is set at 8gigs which I think is max or at least the max memory internal memory in the drone, the card I got is a brand new SanDisk 256GB Extreme micro SDXC UHS-I Memory Card C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD.  I'm my video is set at the highest quality settings in the go fly app.  Not sure what's causing this!  Can anyone help?  Should I try setting the buffer/cache to 4gigs so it has room to transfer and buffer more at the same time?  Thoughts?
2-2 15:54
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

CBTN Posted at 2-2 15:54
Just got the Air 3, my video is choppy also.  It's like it skips or has a jump every 1 or 2 seconds.  My cache or buffer is set at 8gigs which I think is max or at least the max memory internal memory in the drone, the card I got is a brand new SanDisk 256GB Extreme micro SDXC UHS-I Memory Card C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD.  I'm my video is set at the highest quality settings in the go fly app.  Not sure what's causing this!  Can anyone help?  Should I try setting the buffer/cache to 4gigs so it has room to transfer and buffer more at the same time?  Thoughts?

Hi, CBTN. Thank you for reaching out. Please make sure the aircraft firmware, remote controller firmware, and app versions are the latest. You can also check the notes below:
1. Check whether the aircraft’s flight distance has exceeded the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller signal (normally, the image transmission freezes when the maximum transmission distance of the remote controller is exceeded).
2. Check the remote controller antenna position (refer to the User Manual of each model for the best position of the remote controller antenna).

3. Check whether there is significant interference in the flight environment.
4. Check whether the channel selection is set to Auto in the image transmission settings of the corresponding app. (Set the channel selection to “Auto”, and if the interference is still high, recommend changing the flight environment.)
5. Check whether the original video in the microSD card also has freezing.
Have a nice day ahead.
2-3 00:43
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules