Avata is going to kill itself
842 6 2023-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_wdJ6HPZUbEq8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1184337 ft
United States

Video attached. Took a sharp turn and drone tumbled (already a big problem with the drone. Proceeds to hit the ground (at this point I lost all control positioned about 50 meters away). Drone went full speed at an angle straight into the sky barely missing a house. For such an incredibly expensive drone you would think this wouldn’t be an issue. Can’t wait till it happens on the side of a mountain, gone forever, and dji will surely not help.  
2023-4-26
Use props
djiuser_wdJ6HPZUbEq8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1184337 ft
United States

https://youtu.be/OejwCXBZeh0
2023-4-26
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

well that sucks, hope i never have to experience that.  just get dji care refresh and keep flying.  don't worry about the "damage" the avata can't hurt anything or anyone; never has.
2023-4-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry to know that incident happened to your unit. I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You may submit a ticket case at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2023-4-26
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The first part seems to be the known problem that the Avata doesn't like sudden sharp turns - though DJI said they remedied it be then switching to N mode. The next part is really strange and I'd take the suggestion of sending it in.
2023-4-26
Use props
sirnumbskullgmail.com
lvl.2

United States

Yup, this is a known flight characteristic of the Avata.  Trying to yaw sharply into a turn will cause it to go uncontrollable and flip.  You can (somewhat) mitigate the issue by doing an IMU calibration prior to starting the day's flying, but it's never 100%.  The only two remedies are to give yourself lots of clearance when making sharp turns so you can recover if this happens, or change your flying so that your turns are much shallower, unfortunately.
2023-4-28
Use props
Nitro-Tom
lvl.3
Flight distance : 403133 ft
United States

and make sure the firmware is up to date for sure
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules