857 7 2023-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zmox
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I've been flying since last year with no problems, never had a crash and suddenly my camera shows horizontal digital lines. Updated the firmware to the latest one (the one for using the mini 3 pro with goggles + motion controller 2) and the camera still does this. Anyone else has this happening to their Avata? Here is a video of it:
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/AqLB1pid9gg

2023-4-27
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Does the issue occur in all modes (Normal, Sports, and Manual)? If not, can you please try to have a test flight to other flight modes to see if the issue persists? Also, please provide us with the original video file from the SD Card of the aircraft and upload it to Google Drive then send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-4-27
Use props
zmox
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 4-27 17:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. Does the issue occur in all modes (Normal, Sports, and Manual)? If not, can you please try to have a test flight to other flight modes to see if the issue persists? Also, please provide us with the original video file from the SD Card of the aircraft and upload it to Google Drive then send the link here so we can check. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

It happened with the new motion controller, both in sport/normal. Haven't used manual lately, but when I used it before, I had no problems (neither on normal/sport). I've seen another thread with similar results (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278785). Is the camera malfunctioning? Cables are exposed in the part that links up to the camera, came that way, never had a problem until yesterday. I'll try to fly it on a secluded location for my next test, eliminating potential signal interferences.
I'm uploading the vid right now to Google Drive, I'll send you a message with the link when it's done.

2023-4-27
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

zmox Posted at 4-27 18:46
It happened with the new motion controller, both in sport/normal. Haven't used manual lately, but when I used it before, I had no problems (neither on normal/sport). I've seen another thread with similar results (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278785). Is the camera malfunctioning? Cables are exposed in the part that links up to the camera, came that way, never had a problem until yesterday. I'll try to fly it on a secluded location for my next test, eliminating potential signal interferences.
I'm uploading the vid right now to Google Drive, I'll send you a message with the link when it's done.

I had these artifacts too before my old unit lost full Video Signal, but  maybe its just some bad signal in the surrounding you were flying?  There are many bad signals in towns. Think for my Drone it was a crash  before so don't need to be the same just trying to warn you because it  looks like you wouldve had a bad time if it went down where you flyed

2023-4-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

zmox Posted at 4-27 18:46
It happened with the new motion controller, both in sport/normal. Haven't used manual lately, but when I used it before, I had no problems (neither on normal/sport). I've seen another thread with similar results (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=278785). Is the camera malfunctioning? Cables are exposed in the part that links up to the camera, came that way, never had a problem until yesterday. I'll try to fly it on a secluded location for my next test, eliminating potential signal interferences.

Thank you for keeping us posted. Please have a test fly to a  different location and see if the issue persists. Please let us know after the test and provide us with the original video showing the issue via Google Drive. Thank you for your patience and understanding.  
2023-4-28
Use props
zmox
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Koolada Posted at 4-28 00:58
I had these artifacts too before my old unit lost full Video Signal, but  maybe its just some bad signal in the surrounding you were flying?  There are many bad signals in towns. Think for my Drone it was a crash  before so don't need to be the same just trying to warn you because it  looks like you wouldve had a bad time if it went down where you flyed

Video signal

So you had to get another Avata? Couldn't the camera just been fixed (we have no DJI Refresh in Perú...).
2023-4-28
Use props
Koolada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 877999 ft
Germany

zmox Posted at 4-28 12:47
So you had to get another Avata? Couldn't the camera just been fixed (we have no DJI Refresh in Perú...).

They swapped it on warranty base because it crashed before by itself and it's likely the signal lost later was caused by this.

For you it looks more like some signal problem for me just wanted to warn you and test it in a safe space, just in case. I think if its the same for you it should be covered by warranty?
2023-4-28
Use props
zmox
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Koolada Posted at 4-28 15:47
They swapped it on warranty base because it crashed before by itself and it's likely the signal lost later was caused by this.

For you it looks more like some signal problem for me just wanted to warn you and test it in a safe space, just in case. I think if its the same for you it should be covered by warranty?

I'm hoping it is just a signal problem, i've seen vids on youtube flying the Avata in cities like Philadelphia without issues... This is so frustrating!!
2023-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules