Latest Firmware Update For Dummies ? (this dummy;)
2240 21 2015-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
doc paradox
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys, . . dumb question here: Just sussessfully (text file confirmed) updated my bird and also the app on iphone 6+ with the latest and greatest, . . did the old fashioned (direct card with bin file into controller) update but it "failed" as the text file informed me I already had the current firmware on the controller. Cool, . . so I should be good 2 go // BUT // with everything turned on now my status bar still shows the red triangle of death: "RC requiers upgrade" "The RC doesn't support upgrading firmware through App, please upgrade the firmware with USB Disk"     Hummmm? What is this dummy missing?  
2015-9-7
Use props
precisionair
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

What version is your RC at? Have you tried usb cable from camera to RC??
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

Hey I have the exact same problem! See thread above
http://forum.dji.com/thread-30198-1-1.html

I do the USB cable to the camera method (it always been a success in the past) but it says:

=========2015.09.07 09:11:09==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.04.00.10.bin,
Result: Abort
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the remote controller.

But I cannot link my controller to my craft and I get the same message in the App Status Screen.

I need the previous version of the BIN file to update my controller maybe? Anyone have it? or the download link?

2015-9-7
Use props
Jonathan DesJar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 469984 ft
United States

use v1.3 to update RC and v1.4 to update Inspire
2015-9-7
Use props
danlemx
New

Canada

Jonathan DesJar Posted at 2015-9-7 09:26
use v1.3 to update RC and v1.4 to update Inspire

Thanks, found the link

Worked like a charm!
2015-9-7
Use props
doc paradox
lvl.1
United States

precisionair Posted at 2015-9-7 12:23
What version is your RC at? Have you tried usb cable from camera to RC??

Hi Precision, . . the RC had the last update - this update is with todays release of1.4.0.10  As far as the controller update "failed" text telling me it already had the this version  (1.4.0.10) I can only imagine  that somehow the controller already updated by itself through the app? Dosen't sound feasible to me?
2015-9-7
Use props
watson101
lvl.2

United States

I formatted my SD card using ExFat and then downloaded firmware v1.4 onto he card and then inserted into my Inspire 1 and then turned it on and nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?
2015-9-7
Use props
doc paradox
lvl.1
United States

danlemx Posted at 2015-9-7 12:25
Hey I have the exact same problem! See thread above
http://forum.dji.com/thread-30198-1-1.html

Thanks Dan, . . little less confused now reading that thread. (assumed the RC firmware was new too) In my case I've always had connection to the bird post update and all seems well, . . jus don't understand why I'm getting the notice I need to update the controller if it already is the latest  - hate to see warnings, especially when flying post firmware update, . . ~ apprehensive in Florida (<+)
2015-9-7
Use props
mikegteskey
lvl.1

Canada

doc paradox Posted at 2015-9-7 13:04
Thanks Dan, . . little less confused now reading that thread. (assumed the RC firmware was new too ...

Ya same issue here. app says I need to update  
2015-9-7
Use props
kevinleehansen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610856 ft
Canada

The problem I have is the app doesn't say it needs to update, but the controller doesn't want to update to the new firmware.

my versions under the about panel in the app are as follows:

app: version 2.2.0
aircraft: version 1.4.00.00
RC version 1.3.00

have tried updating via USB key, as well as the app, but, as I said, the app makes no indication of wanting to or allowing me to update the RC.  Aircraft update went flawlessly.
2015-9-7
Use props
doc paradox
lvl.1
United States

mikegteskey Posted at 2015-9-7 13:30
Ya same issue here. app says I need to update

I know right - hate those warning that in theory, shouldn't be there. Latest update on bird, RC and phone, but still have the warning/notice, . . humm, tell ya' what Mike: howz about you take yours up and tell me how things go (<+)

. . jus' kidding, I'm flying tomorrow - although I'm guessing all is well, I'm always filled with dread after any update, . . I'm from the "why fix it if it ain't broken school" and if this firmware "fix" "breaks" my bird I'll be kicking my own rear ;)  
2015-9-7
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

kevinleehansen@ Posted at 2015-9-7 18:48
The problem I have is the app doesn't say it needs to update, but the controller doesn't want to upd ...

...exactly the same problem for me.

Just posted on the GO APP forum:

I1, camera and batteries updated, no problem, but my transmitter won't recognise the firmware.

I've tried:

SD card
USB stick
Plugging into the camera

Nothing. The app (iOS and Android) seems happy with 1.3.0.00 so doesn't try to update it.

As a test, I also used the 'magic .bin' to start from scratch and, weirdly, the app then updates the firmware, via download, to 1.3.0.00 again.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or have any idea how to solve?

I've emailed support, Chat was closed, and I called Germany but it was a dead line after going through to the I1 tech hotline. Hopefully they're still in business, but you never know...
2015-9-7
Use props
olivera
New

United States

kevinleehansen@ Posted at 2015-9-8 01:48
The problem I have is the app doesn't say it needs to update, but the controller doesn't want to upd ...

Same problem here. Aircraft flies but am getting the "RC needs upgrade" error. I suspect there is a bug in the firmware bin file. I tried all three ways of upgrading the controller, but it never actually detects the new file in the USB card.
2015-9-7
Use props
Whispermode
lvl.2

United Kingdom

This can be found in the release notes, so apparently not an issue:

Notice:
1. Users may skip updating the remote controller, as the latest firmware update does not affect the
remote controller

Thanks, support.vertica on GO APP forum.
2015-9-7
Use props
Steve Reid
lvl.1
United States

Is there a tutorial anywhere yet to help with using this. So many people knowing so much and none makes it any easier. Someone said you had to be in the air to use the new firmware.
2015-9-7
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

kevinleehansen@ Posted at 2015-9-7 10:48

Mine is the same.  APP v 2.2.0,  AC v 1.4.00.10 and RC v 1.3.00
DJI GO APP says all OK.
Maybe a DJI rep could confirm for us that all is right with this on this forum.
Please!
2015-9-18
Use props
fwickeha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-18 23:15
DJI GO APP says all OK.
Maybe a DJ ...

OK.  Just saw it in another thread.
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-18 08:15
DJI GO APP says all OK.
Maybe a DJ ...

Yep, that is correct.

Dave
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

fwickeha@hotmai Posted at 2015-9-18 08:15
DJI GO APP says all OK.
Maybe a DJ ...

Yep, that is correct.

Dave
2015-9-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

Steve Reid Posted at 2015-9-7 12:05
Is there a tutorial anywhere yet to help with using this. So many people knowing so much and none ma ...

You do need to be in the air to activate the new features. IE, waypoint, poi,....
2015-9-18
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shouldn't the app version for the craft say 1.4.0.10 not 1.4.0.00 in your app?
2015-9-19
Use props
ageelectrical
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shouldn't the app version for the craft say 1.4.0.10 not 1.4.0.00 in your app?
2015-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules