go home and landing
1145 9 2015-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

how setup the function go home and landing to my tx and ground station? in wookong assistance has the capability only for fo home..
2015-10-1
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

...The capability only for go home..
2015-10-1
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

Hi vasilis.

Within the Assistant Software you only can set "Go Home and Landing" as the First Level Protection to avoid low voltages. You just have to enter the enter voltage. Once this value is reached, your aircraft will return to the home point and then land.
I would not advise to do so. The aircraft will return from its current position to the home point in a straight line and therefore may fly into obstacles on this route.

Within the Ground Station Software you can click on "Go Home" (top right) after a mission is finished. The aircraft will then return to the home point on a straight route from its current position (again: danger of flying into obstacles) at 8 m/s (that's max speed for Wookong M, so no reserves left). It will then hover above the home point before it will land.
I had a major crash once when I tried it. The way back home was fine (although with 8 m/s too fast for my liking), but when it was about to land, it came down much to fast (with 6 - 8 m/s vertical speed) and hit the asphalt. We spend weeks trying to find out, what was the reason, but there was nothing odd to find. So, I would not advise this either.

Best is, to fly home and land by  hand.

Regards
Chris
2015-10-5
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

chris_t Posted at 2015-10-5 16:03
Hi vasilis.

Within the Assistant Software you only can set "Go Home and Landing" as the First Level ...

Thank you for reply,
so the function ...and landing is "enable" only if i setup the voltage protection? The function go-home ONLY is working from my TX switch. The craft is going home and hover in specific altitude. Interesting i will try it.
About "go home" button on ground station i suppose it is necessary to enable the previous function from wookong assistance? I ask because i try to press "go home" on screen but nothing happen after the mission is finished.
2015-10-5
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-5 18:26
Thank you for reply,
so the function ...and landing is "enable" only if i setup the voltage protec ...

The thought behind this confused is because the craft it is from university project and the people who going to use it has no skills for manually control like me. So it is necessary to setup the craft to return go home AND landing either from TX switch or by ground station..
2015-10-5
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-5 18:31
The thought behind this confused is because the craft it is from university project and the people ...

As you can see in the screen shot, there is big difference between Press altitude (barometer) and GPS altitude.. How can resolve this failure?
Is it possible for that reason the go-home and landing from GS is locked?

failure

failure
2015-10-5
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-5 17:31
The thought behind this confused is because the craft it is from university project and the people ...

Frankly, if those who will operate the aircraft do not have the skills, then they should practice or not fly at all!

When using GS-Software try switching to ATTI or MAN and back to GPS and then hit Go Home.
But, once again, out of own experience I strongly recommend not (!) to use this function.
2015-10-6
Use props
chris_t
lvl.4

Germany

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-5 22:05
As you can see in the screen shot, there is big difference between Press altitude (barometer) and G ...

The difference between press altitude and GPS altitude is not necessarily a failure.
It just displays two different ways of measuring the altitude. The GPS altitude is based on the satellites (stating the obvious). The "press altitude" is based on the atmospheric pressure. The average atmospheric (or barometric) pressure at MSL is 1013,25 hPa. That's the default value. But around the globe the pressure differs (just to mention high or low pressure areas). So if you want to level the two graph, you would have to know the exact altitude ASL and the exact atmospheric pressure at your location at the time you are about to fly. Then you could "calibrate" the barometer.
With the Wookong M there is no way to do that and it also would be hell of a job, before each flight.

And that's not, why the Go Home doesn't work. It looks the same in my flight logs and I have used the Go Home.

alti-press.jpg
2015-10-6
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

chris_t Posted at 2015-10-6 16:35
The difference between press altitude and GPS altitude is not necessarily a failure.
It just displa ...

thnks for the info,
It is nessecery to read the normal altitude from barometer cause in gps exporter file record only the press altitude and it is a problem in photogrametry jobs.. My second wookong works fine in the same flying field.

print

print
2015-10-6
Use props
vasilis
lvl.1
Greece

vasilis@aerovie Posted at 2015-10-6 16:58
thnks for the info,
It is nessecery to read the normal altitude from barometer cause in gps exporte ...

i suppose calibration is the only way. The problem starts with assistance software with no calibration function.
And, OK i contact with my local dealer and replace with another one IMU. If after few flights the IMU lost the calibration again?
2015-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules