Flight distance : 54593 ft
France

Post To Delete
2015-12-19
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Evan P3P, im sorry for your crash, but there are few things you have to follow: Always take off fully charged, be gentle on a sticks in a cold weather,  do not continuously push the sticks to 100%
Also, please read this threads:http://forum.dji.com/thread-36947-1-1.html
http://forum.dji.com/thread-35249-1-1.html
2015-12-21
Use props
Evan P3P
lvl.1
France

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-21 09:30
Evan P3P, im sorry for your crash, but there are few things you have to follow: Always take off full ...

Dear Tim,

Please find a complete post with all the data I have on this crash (I duplicated it to have it too in services section) :
http://forum.dji.com/thread-37369-1-1.html

Concerning the stick,
I pushed them progressively on 2 sec duration approximately if I remember well.

Concerning the battery level, the flight record let clearly see that the voltage stay stable until the end (no deviation). However I clearly understand your point, the goal was to fly less than 1 min (take a selfie), so I supposed that the 34% can assume more than 6 sec. The weather wasn't so cold (7°C). If I follow the instruction it's recommended to full charge the battery under 0°C.

One more question :
If a full charged battery is required to fly in security, what mean "Safe to Fly" status.
What the goal to have battery level indicator, duration before return to home, and low battery alert if a 34% the battery can just shutdown ???

I already had low battery at the end of some flight and never had this issue.
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Evan P3P Posted at 2015-12-21 17:56
Dear Tim,

Please find a complete post with all the data I have on this crash (I duplicated it to h ...

safe to fly is regarded to your GPS IMU and Compass
2015-12-21
Use props
Evan P3P
lvl.1
France

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-12-21 11:12
safe to fly is regarded to your GPS IMU and Compass

Ok, understood,

Until now for me "Safe to fly" mean you can fly safety
Because when the battery is low the "safe to fly" is replacing by "low battery" with red cells ? Right ?

safe to fly.JPG    =>    Capture.JPG

However I didn't reach any battery level alert or return to home security, so that not explaining why the Phantom just stop after 6 sec.
2015-12-21
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Evan P3P Posted at 2015-12-21 18:30
Ok, understood,

Until now for me "Safe to fly" mean you can fly safety

Right, Evan, it doesn't explain the failure,  to know exact reason of it we will be checking the flight data, that you sent over
2015-12-21
Use props
Evan P3P
lvl.1
France

Thanks for this answer Tim,

It reassure me regarding DJI product to know that it's not normal.
One moment I fear you found this normal as an usual situation.

I already sent the flight log to the European warranty support.
I hope after market service will honor the warranty.
2015-12-21
Use props
ksiecio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158675 ft
Poland

In my opinion that is your fault. Please dont start when your baterry less than 60%. After start, please fly on 2m and check everything and wait to warm your engine :-)
2015-12-23
Use props
wooglins
lvl.1

United States

ksiecio@interia Posted at 2015-12-23 20:27
In my opinion that is your fault. Please dont start when your baterry less than 60%. After start, pl ...

This does not make sense,  if it is not safe to fly at 35% for a few minutes then how can it be safe to fly from full charge to landing at 29-30%?  This product is advertised as having average run time of 23 minutes which to achieve requires a full run through battery charge.  My guess is that this was caused by battery fault due to buggy firmware.
2016-1-1
Use props
ksiecio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 158675 ft
Poland

wooglins Posted at 2016-1-2 05:35
This does not make sense,  if it is not safe to fly at 35% for a few minutes then how can it be sa ...

Please do not look at the percentage of battery life only on the value of the supply (voltage).
2016-1-2
Use props
wooglins
lvl.1

United States

Helpful hint is to activate show voltage on home screen in dji go.  The value is nicely color coded.  Unfortunately not enabled by default.
2016-1-3
Use props
wooglins
lvl.1

United States

ksiecio@interia Posted at 2015-12-23 20:27
In my opinion that is your fault. Please dont start when your baterry less than 60%. After start, pl ...

That is ridiculous,  if it is out of the normal operation profile to operate the craft without a full charge there  are two problems:

1.  How does it operate safely at all between 99% and 10%
2.  Guidance is not given that you should not make multiple flights on the same charge, only that you should return home before critical battery state which is calculated by the app (bar at top) and this is dynamic based on a number of factors.

I am guessing his battery faulted which seems to be happening to a small percentage of crafts.  There are a number of therorys out there but I expect that Dji will solve it for all of us.
2016-1-6
Use props
milherou.thierr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 246322 ft
France

Hello Evan, you are not alone, I experienced the same problem in a worse case.

I had 100 % full battery, I flew for a while (20 seconds) at 2 meters high then decided to fly away from my position... After 48 seconds, the P3A had a sudden shutdown and fell 100 meters down in the forest below... See here: http://healthydrones.com/main?share=MTIxOQ. As I was with family and children, I could not go fetch it the same day because the terrain was very steep. Two days later, I found my device, it was off and battery was still full. After some mails with Dji, they took my drone for free repairs.

Dji support told me that it was a know problem... I can tell you that I'm now very afraid of flying again, even if I respect every basic security rule...

Je viens de voir les captures d'écran, tu es français Evan ?
2016-1-29
Use props
P3Pro
lvl.1
France

Post To Delete
2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules