FIRMWARE update 1.6.40 - SUCCESS
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David
lvl.2

United States

Well, after much confusion and the inability to update the firmware on my Phantom 3 Advanced or the remote controller, I decided to return it for a replacement to Amazon.com.
When I got the new one I also bought a new microchip to replace the factory one.
The chip is ... Lexar High-Performance MicroSDHC 633x 32GB UHS-I w/USB 3.0 Reader Flash Memory Card.
So, got the replacement, downloaded the new firmware to the drone, and started to update. I was having all kinds of "FAILED - REBOOT and TRY AGAIN" trying  to update.
The controller wouldn't see anything so I switched to the controller from my first shipment and paired it to the aircraft. That worked seamlessly.
Then I started the update and LO AND BEHOLD, within a few minutes, it alerted it was done.
I checked the update with the "About" page in DJI GO app and found this...   APP - V. 2.6.0     ----     REMOTE CONT. - 1.5.70     ----     AIRCRAFT -  1.6.40.
WOW !!!!! IT FINALLY WORKED AND IT WAS WORTH ALL THE HAIR PULLING.
2016-2-10
Use props
morten.eriksen
New

Sweden

Hi.

I'm new in the world of Phantoms

Is it normal that the firmware versions for the RC & aircraft are different? If yes, how to know if you have the latest version?

Thx,
Morten
2016-2-13
Use props
comptonagri
New

United Kingdom

morten.eriksen Posted at 2016-2-13 14:47
Hi.

I've upgraded the Phantom Firmware but the USB point on the transmitter doesn't recognise the card holder, any ideas?
2016-2-13
Use props
stray_bullets
lvl.2

United Kingdom

comptonagri Posted at 2016-2-13 15:02
I've upgraded the Phantom Firmware but the USB point on the transmitter doesn't recognise the card ...

Update your rc connected to a tablet or smartphone using the go app...
2016-2-13
Use props
David
lvl.2

United States

morten.eriksen Posted at 2016-2-13 09:47
Hi.

The updates I listed above - APP-2.6.0,  RC - 1.5.70,  aircraft - 1.6.40  --  are the newest.
2016-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules