zoom capable camera
1344 8 2016-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jnf2869
lvl.1

United States

Why doesnt DJI or anyone that I have found have a reasonable zoom capable camera?
2016-2-26
Use props
Tintin
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Click this: Camera Zoom
2016-2-26
Use props
jnf2869
lvl.1

United States

Thanks....by some of the replies there I can see why the general public has a drone phobia. I am not interested in zoom for spying and such as many folks seem to think. I film wildlife and the zoom would help greatly. I do get what they say there about the post prod zoom feature. However, I am new to all this and have not yet gotten a good program for post prod. I have tons to learn it seems.
2016-2-26
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

jnf2869 Posted at 2016-2-27 11:36
Thanks....by some of the replies there I can see why the general public has a drone phobia. I am not ...

Vibration and cost aren't big problems for simple wideangle lenses.There are big technical difficulties in putting any telephoto on a zoom and getting good results.
There are also big extra costs to deal with just some of the issues.
Stick to a good SLR on the ground if you want tele for wildlife - a drone won't do it for you.

2016-2-26
Use props
SVTRay
lvl.3

United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-2-27 08:52
Vibration and cost aren't big problems for simple wideangle lenses.There are big technical diffic ...

This^

It's one thing to put a F/2.8 on a small primary lens (fixed, no zoom), it's another thing to put one on a telephoto or zoom lens. The size of the glass and cost starts going up dramatically. Not to mention needing stability or vibration resistance.

And of course as someone mentioned, drone phobia is ramped in here in the U.S.
2016-2-26
Use props
crschol7
lvl.1

United States

Vibration, dirt, water... the only option I see would be a digital zoom.
And even then vibration would be an issue with picture quality
2016-3-31
Use props
pgrover516
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-3-31
Use props
WetDog
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1131886 ft
United States

The P3P has a functional digital zoom - it's called 4K.  No, it's not for bird identification but it's useful for cropping and controlling the view.

Much more than that and your in big bucks territory.  Not to mention bad press territory.  The former will likely get better as time goes on, the latter - probably worse.
2016-3-31
Use props
crschol7
lvl.1

United States

pgrover516 Posted at 2016-3-31 12:06
digital zoom, in my experience, is pretty much worthless

Correct, I guess that's why no zoom...
2016-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now