Firmware Update
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elmos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15617 ft
Cyprus

Once we update to a new firmware version, is it advisable to erase the .bin and .txt files from the SD card or not?

I read somewhere that it's better to leave the files there, and in another article I read that we should erase them, otherwise they may cause problems.

2016-4-1
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Russia

Hi! You should delete them or otherwise every time that you turn on the aircraft it will check the firmware version, you will just loose time for the aircraft initialisation.
2016-4-1
Use props
Elmos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15617 ft
Cyprus

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-4-1 16:35
Hi! You should delete them or otherwise every time that you turn on the aircraft it will check the f ...

Thank you Nicola!
2016-4-3
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Russia

You are welcome!
2016-4-3
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Nicola90s Posted at 2016-4-1 21:35
Hi! You should delete them or otherwise every time that you turn on the aircraft it will check the f ...

What about the "intelligent" batteries?   If I buy a new battery (That might well be a new "old" battery) wouldn't it have to be updated, or will the firmware in the Phantom take care of that?

Thanks.
2016-4-3
Use props
Nicola90s
Second Officer
Russia

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-4-3 21:41
What about the "intelligent" batteries?   If I buy a new battery (That might well be a new "old" b ...

I think that for update the battery's firmware you should put into the microSD the .bin
2016-4-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

raveneapoe Posted at 2016-4-3 08:41
What about the "intelligent" batteries?   If I buy a new battery (That might well be a new "old" b ...

Raven , You are better to have a Blank SD card for the 99.999 % of the time you are flying.  If you get a new battery simply load the Latest FW version to the SD card and update the battery, then re format and have it ready for recording.

cheers - donnie
2016-4-3
Use props
pcerasuo
New

Hi I got a question,  I have a phantom 3 advanced I'm new to this. Is the firmware update the same as the professional? Also does the remote need to be updated as well? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
2016-4-3
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

pcerasuo Posted at 2016-4-3 11:33
Hi I got a question,  I have a phantom 3 advanced I'm new to this. Is the firmware update the same a ...

Yes , the updating is the same for the Phantom Advanced and Pro.  They  have their own individual updates that are specific for each model, even though numbers are the same.  yes the RC needs updating also.  Please open my tips page for tips on this.

-donnie

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
2016-4-3
Use props
pcerasuo
New

Thank you for the info. Is the bin file for the new firmware the same one that we upload into the remote?
2016-4-3
Use props
raveneapoe
lvl.2

United States

Thanks Donnie and Nicola90s for the info.
2016-4-3
Use props
pcerasuo
New

If someone can please tell me what version is supposed to be installed on the controller? Got 1.7 on P3 tried to update controller just staged with red light then started beeping. Dji app shows my controller with a 1.5 version.  I'm I good to go. Thanks again.
2016-4-4
Use props
daverower
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33570 ft
Australia

How do you update the firmware on a new battery on a  standard as it through the app not via the sd card.
2016-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules