P3S excessive vibration fixes?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coolmike699
lvl.1

United States

I've noticed that I'm getting some vibration in my videos when flying the P3S. I made sure that all my props are balanced, and I couldn't see any other problems with them. I know that some other people had this problem, and it doesn't seem bad enough to send the drone in for repair. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

2016-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

I have never had the problem, but a good start would be to hover the aircraft just above your head and look to see if the aircraft itself is vibrating or perhaps just the camera by itself. I don't have a link to the thread, but some flyers have adjusted the control gains to reduce vibration.
2016-4-10
Use props
coolmike699
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-4-10 19:05
I have never had the problem, but a good start would be to hover the aircraft just above your head a ...

I did hover for a little bit. It looked like the whole aircraft was vibrating.
2016-4-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

coolmike699 Posted at 2016-4-11 10:17
I did hover for a little bit. It looked like the whole aircraft was vibrating.

OK, you might read this through, it has instructions about how to reduce gain to soolve the problem: http://forum.dji.com/thread-38957-1-2.html
2016-4-10
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

I have the same issue, mine is less noticeable, but when comparing to other P3S footage, mine has some vibrations in it. I have not balanced the props yet, but I'm not sure if that will help a whole lot, especially when looking up and seeing your whole drone vibrating like a washing machine.
2016-4-10
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, I'd suggest to calibrate the IMU and gimbal before next video recording. You can use some new vibration dampers and hover the drone in a windless area to test.
2016-4-10
Use props
coolmike699
lvl.1

United States

So I adjusted my gains, and I noticed that the back left drop pin on my P3S was being pressed against the body of the aircraft. I thought that that might be causing the camera to vibrate, so I replaced the pins with zip ties.

I went for a flight today and I barely saw any vibration at all, even though it was breezy.
2016-4-13
Use props
quickpoint
lvl.4

United States

coolmike699 Posted at 2016-4-14 02:13
So I adjusted my gains, and I noticed that the back left drop pin on my P3S was being pressed agains ...

nice!  i just saw this thread and was going to say check the gimbal mounts for clearance.   saw this before in other p3's and a p4 with a piece of ninja packing foam hiding out holding the gimbals floating mount locked.   looked just like yours with the vibration!    glad you figured it out.

the zip tie isn;t as good as the plastic pin because the tie contacts the mound drone side and mount gimbal side.  the plastic pins are fully isolated from any solid contact because they rest on the rubber mount while in decompression.    your drone should have came with replacement pins and rubbers.  
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules