No/Weak Image Transmission Signal Issue
9609 18 2016-5-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vicotting
lvl.1

Scince I have upgraded the firmware of my Phantom 3 Advanced to the latest version at the end of December 2015, so the next release after the December firmware release, I am having none or weak image transmission signal. So I can't get a live view, I can control the Phantom itself though.
So first I power on the remote, than the app (USB connected), than power on of the Phantom.
To solve it, I just have to shut down everything and power it back up, sometimes more than 3 times. Or rebind the remote controller. But that is not really the sollution right... Do you guys know a solution?

The connection doesn't go away while in flight, once connected, it stays connected. Very strange.

I have these firmware/software versions:
          App 2.8.2
          Aircraft 1.8.80
          Remote Controller 1.6.0
IMG_0809.PNG
IMG_0810.PNG
2016-5-31
Use props
Capt. Wild Bill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1319180 ft
  • >>>
United States

Open the DJI GO app.
Click on the camera.
Go into General Settings.
Disable "Enable hardware Decoding".

Go fly...  
2016-5-31
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello vicotting, if you haven't formatted the sd card after upgrading, you can post the upgrade log here. You can find it by these steps:
1. Enable the option of viewing hidden files in your OS. Below are the websites where you can check how to show the hidden files in your PC.
For The Windows System:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
For The Mac System:
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2.Enter the root directory of the SD card, then find the hidden folder MISC and enter it. There is LOG folder in it.
3.The LOG txt file is under the LOG folder.
2016-5-31
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

I have had my P3P stored for a few months. The battery of the RC was dead flat.  
The Battery of the P3P still had 2 bars.
I recharged both batteries and started them as per instructions (RC first, then the P3P and last my Asus tablet) I get “No Signal”.  I follow the same procedure again and I see  “Disconnected”.
Again, I follow the same procedure and I see “No Signal”. There is also an update notification on the RC. I update the RC successfully from 1.3.20 to V.1.6.0
I check if there are updates for the P3P. There are, I was running V1.3.20 and I download V1.8.80.
I follow the update procedure as per instructions.  I turn on the P3P and the camera LED flashes green (warming up), then solid green, and after a few seconds alternating green/red. (Installing update) After 17 seconds the gimbal motors seem to run constant and the Camera light turns solid red.(Fail)  I wait about 20 minutes but nothing changes and the gimbal gets really hot. (Failed)
I turn it off and try again, same result, I try again with another memory card, same result.
I format the card and try again, same result.
I check the App for the version of the firmware: It says: V.1.8.80 (??) After a failed update?
I check for an update on the app, that was available and I downloaded and installed the update ver.2.8.1 from 2.3.0
I turn on the RC, the P3P and last the app. No connection or whatsoever, can not even go in camera mode. Retried again and again, no camera mode. I uninstalled the update and re-installed the old version. Now I can go in camera mode, but still “No Signal”.
I installed the app V.2.8.1 on my Lenovo android phone, same result: No Signal.
When I turn on the RC the LED is red, when I turn on the P3P the LED on the RC turns green.
I tried RC linking but it runs into “Time-Out”.

This is where I am now, 3 days later and still no signal.
Any help would be  appreciated!
At this moment I am running:
App V.2.3.0 on the Asus Tablet  or V.2.8.1 on the Lenovo Smartphone
RC V1.6.0
Firmware V.1.8.80 (Even though it failed)

Here is the Log: (Note the incorrect dates)
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.04.0010.bin
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 remo-con disconnect======
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.
========== 2015.10.05 20:08:50 =====================
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.08.0080.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again.
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:13 remo-con disconnect======
========== 2014.01.01 00:02:48 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.07.0060.bin

2016-5-31
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

Another thing is this:  This text is from the Google app store about app Version 2.8.1 :

WHAT'S NEW

1. Added High Temperature Alert and One-Tap Screenshot to Zenmuse XT-Radiometry.
2. Added Centimeter-Level D-RTK GNSS Positioning to the A3 Series and Matrice 600.
3. Bug Fixes.

From the Apple store I get this update about version 2.8.3

What's New in Version 2.8.3
- Fix a issue may cause transimission weak signal on Phantom 4, Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced
- Fix a issue may cause 2.7k video resolution not display on Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced

Does that mean that they are still working on the "No Signal" issue at DJI for Android?
2016-6-1
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-6-1 00:04
Open the DJI GO app.
Click on the camera.

@ Capt. Wild Bill: I can not see this option in ver. 2.8.1 or am I looking in the wrong spot:

2016-6-1
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

My Image Transmission Quality fluctuates between Bad and Worse:

2016-6-1
Use props
vicotting
lvl.1

Capt. Wild Bill Posted at 2016-6-1 00:04
Open the DJI GO app.
Click on the camera.

Doesn't seem to help, thanks for the response though!
2016-6-1
Use props
vicotting
lvl.1

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-1 14:18
Hello vicotting, if you haven't formatted the sd card after upgrading, you can post the upgrade log  ...

Nah, there's no LOG txt file there, I've formatted the SD card.
2016-6-1
Use props
vicotting
lvl.1

theo54au Posted at 2016-6-1 17:27
Another thing is this:  This text is from the Google app store about app Version 2.8.1 :

WHAT'S NE ...

Upgraded the iOS app from 2.8.2 to 2.8.3. Booted everything up and got an instant live video signal. Maybe luck, maybe DJI fixed the issue I've been having for a long time.

The "Whats New" section in the app store doesn't say it solves the issue for the Phantom 3 P/A. We'll see.

"
-Fixed an issue which may cause Phantom 4 transmission weakness.
-Fixed an issue which may cause the 2.7K resolution option disappear on the Phantom 3 Professional/Advanced.
"
2016-6-1
Use props
theo54au
lvl.1
Philippines

Guess what? All my problems solved with............ a paperclip!
After all my attempts to get video feed and do a proper update to the AC, I decided in despair (I had nothing more to loose) to stick a paperclip in the Link Button on the AC.
After one little micro switch click I started up all equipment and all worked just fine. I had video feed, and the update went fine (with the same SD card)
After the update of the AC I had again "No Signal".  And again I did the same trick with the paperclip and all works again as it should.
2016-6-2
Use props
paulscarlett195
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149039 ft
United Kingdom

I getting this to.
image.png
2016-9-10
Use props
mariawien
New

Philippines

Hi,
I have a DJI Phantom 3 Pro with the latest available SW on board.
DJI GO App: 2.9.1
RC: N/A (update shows 1.8.8)
AC: N/A (update showed 1.10.9)
(I don't know why I can't see the SW versions in the About screen)

I still have this problems with the video transmission.
Lot of artifacts even before flying. And don't tell me something about interference. I am on an island without
WLAN and with the old FW I never ever had a problem like that, even in a city.
The device is currently unusable with the current software/firmware!
Yes, I could fly, but I can't see what I am filming!

The issue is now known since several moths and even the 1.10.90 firmware didn't fix it.
Is Dji not willing to repair this so that we all need to buy a new drone?
Currently I have a useless peace of plastic in my holidays and I am really p i s s e d off!
I expected to do filming of the islands and make a short documentary and now ... .

Dji, I expect a quick fix of that!
As a quck solution, Dji can make a SW with the last working FW (1.3.20 or even older).

If Dji is not willing to fix that, the only solution in the long run, would be sell this c r a p and buy something
from another company or build one of the open source projects.

Jasmin
2017-1-31
Use props
mariawien
New

Philippines

Also the DJI GO App 3.1.2 on a newer Android phone is not working better.
2017-1-31
Use props
mariawien
New

Philippines

Yesterday we could fly 5 minutes with a good live signal.
Suddenly artefacts are shown and from there on nothing worked any more and
the GO App even crashed.
The Warning section in the App showed:
  "Video cache has stopped because there is not enough storage space"
Can this be the reason for the crash?
How to solve this?

BR,
   Jasmin
2017-2-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yes - sounds like your mobile device storage space was full or it's inadequate.  
2017-2-2
Use props
naack
lvl.1

Honduras

what does the video transmission module look like?
2017-4-4
Use props
billwesty
New
Flight distance : 38773 ft
United States

I had the same problem - P34K, just updated the aircraft firmware and the problems began. Weak Image Transmission Signal mainly.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab E tablet, and I deleted the DJI GO app and reinstalled, the problem seems to have gone away.
2017-6-26
Use props
fansa54f031e
New
United States

I had not used my DJI Phantom 3 Professional for a few months.  When I took it out to use it this time all hell broke loose.  First I launched the DJIgo app on my ipad2.  It would not launch the app.  So I updated the ipad2 version and then updated the DJI app and got that to work.  I then did not have a camera image on my screen so I updated the firmware for both my AC and RC.  They now show as updated, but I still do not have an image.  The top left either shows "no image transmission signal" or "weak image transmission signal." A messgae pops up from time to time saying "strong wireless interference."  I only fly this at my home and multiple times without an issue so why now?   After multiple hours of trying different things it still does not work.  It did start working for a brief moment but it didn't last.  I note other frustrated users out there with the same problem.  DJI are you listening and are you fixing this.  I called your tech support and he mentioned nothing of this.  He just suggested boxing it up and sending it in for service.  Help...!!!
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules