Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Deserializer Disconnected
3756 21 2016-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VisionAir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 954665 ft
Australia

I have just installed the HDMI unit in my Phantom 4 remote I folled the instrutions from the DJI how to video and when I finished it I did the test to make sure it was installed corectly "press C1 and press C2 buttons and they both beep, according to the video this means it was installed correctly, Iv turned it on and it asked for and update, I have update 1.6.0 the latest one but because it asked I pressed update it down loaded the update then I pressed install, it gets to about 50% and then this message appers, Deserializer Disconnected, Hardware failure, I can tilt the camera but no vision, on my HD tv I only get the Oscreen diplay, I have tried reinstalling the original usb moduale I get camera but stil lDeserializer Disconnected, Hardware failure, any help would be great. thanks inadvance.

Screen shot Deserialiser

Screen shot Deserialiser
2016-6-23
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello VisionAir, if the RC indicator is cyan, please try these steps to re-upgrade the RC:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, record and the wheel on the right side of the controller and then turn off the controller.
* Don’t let go of any fingers, and turn on the controller. Then the controller will be able to update again.
If it still fails, please get in touch with our tech support via support@dji.com and send it in for repairing.
2016-6-24
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-24 17:24
Hello VisionAir, if the RC indicator is cyan, please try these steps to re-upgrade the RC:
* Turn on ...

Thanks will try that now
2016-6-24
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

* Turn on ...

I have tried that, the Upgrade gets to 89% then all of a sudden the number 89 rapidly generates to 100% then sets back at 89% and I get a sign that says, Failed to upgrade  and on the right side of that it says Current version unknown and below that it says upgrade version 1.6.0    but I know that my version is 1.6.0
2016-6-24
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

* Turn on ...

I have just tried to send an email to the address you gave me and it comes back as failed to send??
2016-6-24
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

VisionAir Posted at 2016-6-24 20:37
I have just tried to send an email to the address you gave me and it comes back as failed to send? ...

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you got a case id ?
2016-6-26
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 10:00
Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have you got a case id ?

No I havn't I have to fly away to work for 23 days, I work on an island when I get back I will see if my local DJI rep can fix it, thanks for your concern, I will let you know how I go.
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

VisionAir Posted at 2016-6-27 18:32
No I havn't I have to fly away to work for 23 days, I work on an island when I get back I will see ...

OK. We've found that this issue is related to Microsoft's email address. In other words, Gmail works normally.
2016-6-27
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-27 18:38
OK. We've found that this issue is related to Microsoft's email address. In other words, Gmail wor ...

Thanks, I am using Apples Safari, would that be an issue as well?
2016-6-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

VisionAir Posted at 2016-6-27 21:52
Thanks, I am using Apples Safari, would that be an issue as well?

As far as I‘m concerned, browsers are not related to this issue. If you use hotmail/live/outlook email service, it would be better to use another one like gmail.
2016-6-27
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

Thanks for the tip
2016-6-28
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

DJI-Paladin Posted at 2016-6-28 09:34
As far as I‘m concerned, browsers are not related to this issue. If you use hotmail/live/outlook  ...

Hey there, sorry about the time frame but I work away at the moment, I am away for 23 days and home for 10. I have just got my ph4 back from my local service centre and as it turns out it was a faulty HDMI module, thanks again for your help.ps I have now just brought a DJI Inspire 1 Pro with the X5 I have already clocked up 23 flights and I am loving it. If you are interested I have just posted my first attempt at night flight cinematography, let me know what you think. Thanks again for your help.
2016-7-27
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Hong Kong

VisionAir Posted at 2016-7-27 18:54
Hey there, sorry about the time frame but I work away at the moment, I am away for 23 days and hom ...

Thanks for your feedback. Feel free to post your work in the Inspire category any time ! Happy flying!
2016-7-27
Use props
jimwilliams.01
New
United States

I wanted to reply to this thread in case some future person has the same problem.
I installed my radio HD output upgrade and went thru the same thing:
Firmware update required, Hardware error "deserializer disconnected", it wouldn't update...

What I found was that when you reconnect the 3 flat ribbon cables to the new module, there are small black latches at the connector that have to be pushed down.
These secure the ribbon cable and are what makes it make good contact with the board.

Once I "latched" the connectors all problems went away and the HD output is awesome.

Good luck! Happy Flying!
-Jim
2016-10-4
Use props
VisionAir
lvl.4
Australia

jimwilliams.01 Posted at 2016-10-4 23:26
I wanted to reply to this thread in case some future person has the same problem.
I installed my rad ...

Thanks for the tip Jim.
2016-10-11
Use props
fans0662b3e7
lvl.1
Portugal

Can someone help me with this? I upgraded the FW successfully and when I wanted to use the drone, this happened. Thank you!!
IMG_8056.JPG
2017-6-21
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same problem with P4P remote and installing of HDMI board.
Mine worked fine at first but became intermittent by the next day.  It would work by doing a hard reset on the remote, then fail the next time I restarted.
I have taken the HDMI board out of the remote and cleaned all the ribbon cables with electrical contact cleaner and put everything back together. Since then, I have restarted several times using multiple devices (iPad, Android Tablet, Samsung phone) and I haven't gotten the error and things seem to work.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneBees Posted at 2018-1-17 13:51
Same problem with P4P remote and installing of HDMI board.
Mine worked fine at first but became intermittent by the next day.  It would work by doing a hard reset on the remote, then fail the next time I restarted.
I have taken the HDMI board out of the remote and cleaned all the ribbon cables with electrical contact cleaner and put everything back together. Since then, I have restarted several times using multiple devices (iPad, Android Tablet, Samsung phone) and I haven't gotten the error and things seem to work.

Thanks for sharing this with us. Nice to know this issue has been solved. Enjoy it!
2018-1-17
Use props
DroneBees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6698159 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-17 19:51
Thanks for sharing this with us. Nice to know this issue has been solved. Enjoy it!

UPDATE:

I'm not sure how this HDMI board was intended but it does not work properly.

If I connect anything to it the video signal goes really bad on all devices immediately.

I have tried:
P4P - Remote - iPad (ios 11.2.2) + HDMI:  Both screens are terrible, glitchy and unusable.
P4P - Remote - HDMI only (connected to TV screen or DJI Goggles RE):  I get a very delayed and glitchy blocky signal.
P4P - Remote - DJI Goggles RE only (using usb): seems to work as expected
P4P - Remote - LG tablet (android 7): Works as expected but quite lagged (.5s)
P4P - Remote - LG tablet + HDMI: works ok.. HDMI is low framerate and hard to look at in the goggles
P4P - Remote - DJI Goggles RE (usb) + HDMI (TV): sometimes works ok, sometimes is terrible and glitchy like when the ipad is hooked up.  It seems to depend on luck.

Sometimes the order in which things are turned on / connected affects how bad the signal gets.

Using the latest firmware on the P4P, remote and all the latest app updates.
The newest update of DJI GO 4 for IOS says in the description "Fixed bugs causing app crashes when using a phantom 4 with an HDMI output module" But this does not seem to be the case.  It really seems like the HDMI module I bought is not actually fully compatible and there should have been big warnings about it.

My IDEAL situation would be having the ability to hook up the goggles with head tracking AND have a tablet going.  I understand this isn't possible.

My 2nd best option is to have the goggles with head tracking going and have a screen set up over HDMI.  This should be possible but currently doesn't work with the glitchyness and 1/2 second lag.  Please tell me if this is supposed to work or if it is actually unsupported.  Hopefully I can return the HDMI module if this can't work.

I prefer the iPad because it has been more stable and generally has a lower latency video signal.  Should the iPad work along side the HDMI or has this still not been fixed?  The description in IOS says it's fixed and the thread on the forum about this issue says that it is fixed but I still have problems indicated above.

I am not a big fan of using my android tablet or phone because I have yet to fly for a whole battery without the app crashing, this happens less often on the iPad.

(using 3rd party apps like Autopilot crash MUCH less, which is strange because you'd think DJI could make the best app considering they manufacture this stuff)

Can someone please tell me straight up how the HDMI module is supposed to work or if I'm doing something wrong?
2018-1-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DroneBees Posted at 2018-1-31 07:34
UPDATE:

I'm not sure how this HDMI board was intended but it does not work properly.

The IOS compatibility mainly occurs in IOS 11.2.5 and DJI GO V4.2.4. Just to verify, have you tried to adjust the image frame rate? If yes, I'm afraid that this may not be figured out remotely. You may consider to send it in.
2018-2-1
Use props
Zippy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16053 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same problem just fitted the HDMI  unit and turned the TX on and it said there was an update available so did it and now there is the same message deserializer disconnected hardware malfunctioncontact DJI support for repairs
2018-2-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Zippy Posted at 2018-2-18 14:42
I have the same problem just fitted the HDMI  unit and turned the TX on and it said there was an update available so did it and now there is the same message deserializer disconnected hardware malfunctioncontact DJI support for repairs

Generally, it is recommended to upgrade the RC to the latest firmware, then install the HDMI module and update the firmware again. May I know what's the current firmware of your RC? Is there any chance upload a short video for double check?
2018-2-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules