DJI and UPS lost my package + awful customer support
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

I bought Phantom 3 Standard and I loved it. Except when it started to lose video signal way too often. After 2-3 weeks it lost the signal after 1 minute so my only option was to fly the drone without the video functionality, keeping an eye on it. But what was the point of that? I contacted DJI and after trying to troubleshoot it they decided to send the remote controller to be repaired. I send the package as they told me. That was some 2 months ago. They lost the package (link). I had to insist with emails over the past 2 months because DJI didn't even bother to tell me about this. DJI sent me to UPS as it said it is their problem, USP sent me to DJI saying that they have the responsibility to solve this issue, and so forth. DJI support was super slow and almost without any info to the table. I still have no clue what will happen next and I lost all of my hopes that anything will be solved.

What bothers me so much is their slow and uninterested responses like: "Hello, we will try to call UPS and let you know what they said." And I wait days and weeks and get no email back. I needed that drone to make some short movies and I lost that opportunity. I even asked them repeatedly from where I can buy a new remote because I needed to use the drone asap, but they ignored that question every time. I never encountered a worse customer support in my life. Sorry but that's the truth. Last email from them is this: "Hello, I will have to contact UPS tomorrow to see what their tracer found." - 11 days ago....still no reply. I contacted them twice since them, in vain.

I am talking about DJI Netherlands.

Can anyone tell me from where to buy a new remote in Europe? And also if anyone experienced such issues with DJI?
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello 5Uw3QnedyFpZ, really sorry for your unpleasant experience, would you please tell us your case number or ticket number so that we could help you look into it? thanks in advance.
If you want to buy the remote controller for Phantom 3 standard, please open the following link to check the details, and you could talk to our Pre-sales support or agent before buying it:
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-remote-controller-5-8g-sta
http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2016-9-3
Use props
wmcvey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Looking at the link to UPS, it doesn't seem it was ever delivered. So if that's the case DJI won't have a say in UPS losing your package. You would need to take that up with UPS I would think. If it's the same there as the states, you should have an automatic $100. coverage for lost or damaged packages. If so, just make a claim and that should cover the cost of the replacement RC.
2016-9-3
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-4 09:26
Hello 5Uw3QnedyFpZ, really sorry for your unpleasant experience, would you please tell us your case  ...

I think this is the case number CAS-193020-F9S8J4

The link you provided to buy the remote is it from the US? I think the costs of delivery are huge and I was wondering if there was a possibility to buy it from Europe.

Cheers
2016-9-4
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-4 09:42
Looking at the link to UPS, it doesn't seem it was ever delivered. So if that's the case DJI won't h ...

Yes that was I thought as well that is UPS' fault, but UPS said is DJI's fault or at least that DJI must solve this issue and it depends upon them. Regardless DJI was super slow to reply to my emails and almost not active at all to solve the issue. I was ping-ponged to contact the other side for the past month....

I told UPS I want to make a complaint and they said I should make it against DJI, not them....so confusing.
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

5Uw3QnedyFpZ Posted at 2016-9-4 18:15
I think this is the case number CAS-193020-F9S8J4

The link you provided to buy the remote is it f ...

Thank you for your feedback. I will help you look into the case.
You could change the country at the top right corner after you open that link.
Besides, please confirm more details before you buying it with the Pre-sales team, open the following link, go down this page and click on "Pre-sales service":
http://www.dji.com/support/product
2016-9-4
Use props
cloudycante
Second Officer
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

5Uw3QnedyFpZ Posted at 2016-9-4 12:17
Yes that was I thought as well that is UPS' fault, but UPS said is DJI's fault or at least that DJ ...

The shipment was created on UPS website by DJI, therefore it make sense that it's up to DJI to make the claim and solve the issue with UPS (they're the customer whose package has been lost, it's not you).

Nonetheless, they should also already refund you by replacing the unit or paying you back, wether the claim is resolved or not. The two issue don't go together and don't depend on upon each other.
2016-9-4
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-4 18:48
You could change the country at t ...

Thank you for helping, I really appreciate it as I have no clue whom to contact anymore. Yes I can change the country to order a remote but the shipment is 40 Euros, which is quite high for me considering it is almost half the price of the product (100 Euros).

I will check with pre-sale. Thanks. I hope that if you can help look into this we may solve it without me buying a new controller.
2016-9-4
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

cloudycante Posted at 2016-9-4 18:51
The shipment was created on UPS website by DJI, therefore it make sense that it's up to DJI to mak ...

""The shipment was created on UPS website by DJI, therefore it make sense that it's up to DJI to make the claim and solve the issue with UPS (they're the customer whose package has been lost, it's not you). ""' - Exactly! That's what I told DJI so many times when they sent me back to UPS.
2016-9-4
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

5Uw3QnedyFpZ Posted at 2016-9-4 19:20
""The shipment was created on UPS website by DJI, therefore it make sense that it's up to DJI to m ...

DJI issued the  call tag for the shipping which is why you're being sent back to them as technically they're the "customer" of the shipper. It is DJI's ball to chase, I'd ride them like a $3 pony ride.
2016-9-4
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

DJI replied today saying they will get refunded by UPS and will send me a new remote in 5 days or so. Awesome! - I am wondering if this has anything to do with this forum thread I created....either way, I am super happy.
2016-9-6
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

My happiness is at less intensity now. The las email from DJI:

"Unfortunately we're completely out of stock of Phantom 3 Standard Remote Controllers.
As soon as we've received them, your replacement will be sent out & you will receive an email from UPS with your tracking info.
Please bear with us & apologies for the delay."

What I absolutely hate about DJI support is that they do not tell you such things, you have to insist to have them tell you about them. 10 days ago they said they will send me a new remote controller and that in 5 days they should get the money from UPS from the lost package, then they will send it. I had to send an email yesterday (9 days later) to ask how things are and then to get an update that they have no remote controllers in the stock right now...they could have sent me that email without me asking them for an update. I bought an expensive drone that I only used a week or so, in May. Now is middle of September and I still cannot use that drone.

Will wait for them to send me the new RC but very bad customer support. I am sorry but that's the reality.
2016-9-15
Use props
5Uw3QnedyFpZ
lvl.1

Spain

Just an update. I got the new RC finally. However how there is an issue with Galaxy S7 restarting the device in mid air....
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

5Uw3QnedyFpZ Posted at 2016-9-22 00:45
Just an update. I got the new RC finally. However how there is an issue with Galaxy S7 restarting th ...

Hello sir, glad to hear that you received it and could enjoy it.
Some compatibility issues caused by the system of Galaxy S7, we are consulting with  Samsung company for this case and try to get solution. it's better to get another mobile device to your flight.
2016-9-27
Use props
Young Old Timer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
United Kingdom

You Right about customer support WHAT support! i will need support from a zimmer  frame by the time they contact me getting older by the day here
2016-9-27
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-27 11:12
Hello sir, glad to hear that you received it and could enjoy it.
Some compatibility issues caused  ...

Yes I see that it is an issue with the S7. I bought the phone especially for the drone as I had an old and unknown model of Aquaris, and the irony is that now this new phone does not work . I thought that being a new and so well known model will work perfectly. Even when it does not restart, I lose the signal with the phone pretty much all the time, and same happened with my old phone. Today I almost lost the drone again because I lost the video signal and I had to return it manually and I could not locate it visually. I am in direct contact with DJI btw. I hope we can solve this somehow as I have this drone for the past 6 months and I wasn't able to use it almost at all. I think it is a great technology to have, but you need the software to be robust or else you can cause serious issues by crashing the drone or losing it.
2016-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

teoretic Posted at 2016-9-28 09:43
Yes I see that it is an issue with the S7. I bought the phone especially for the drone as I had an ...

Hi Teoretic, thank you for your details and feedback. Please try the methods and troubleshooting the tech support provided since you have contacted with them. Hope it works great with an compatible mobile device.
2016-9-27
Use props
fansea1728c4
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-4 02:48
You could change the country at the top right corner after you open that link.
Besides, please confirm more details before you buying it with the Pre-sales team, open the following link, go down this page and click on "Pre-sales service":

Sorry this is an old thread. But for issues, start copying their CEO and see if the ball starts rolling faster.
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_qSqZkvIwGnDx
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-3 17:26
Hello 5Uw3QnedyFpZ, really sorry for your unpleasant experience, would you please tell us your case number or ticket number so that we could help you look into it? thanks in advance.
If you want to buy the remote controller for Phantom 3 standard, please open the following link to check the details, and you could talk to our Pre-sales support or agent before buying it:
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-remote-controller-5-8g-sta

Im waiting for ups number should i not send the rc remote scared might have that issue of been lost mavic pro gimbal problem
2018-5-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules