"Consistent With Heading" (Waypoints) missing in latest iOS update
1581 4 2016-9-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Newest version of iOS app (DJI Go) ignores "Recorded Heading". In older versions, it was called "Consistent With Record"
Before the latest iOS update for the DJI GO app (about a week ago), I was setting 2 waypoints (see video below) and  doing a slow sliding fly-by of the yellow building and keeping the camera zeroed in on the exact center of the building (a really nice smooth shot). The Phantom 4 kept the camera zeroed in automatically. Nice... Like riding in a car going down the street and you see a house you really like and keep turning your head to look at it. I was NOT using "Point-of-Interest" or "Course Lock".

Here's how I set the waypoints:

Just before setting Waypoint #1, I pointed the camera at the exact center of the building, then set Waypoint #1.
Just before setting Waypoint #2, I pointed the camera at the exact center of the building, then set Waypoint #2.

When I sent the Phantom 4 on this mission, it went directly to Waypoint #1, then turned towards the center of the building. Then, on its way to Waypoint #2 (and to my pleasant surprise), it automatically locked onto the center of the building and did a gentle pirouette towards the center of the building as it approached Waypoint #2 and kept the building exactly centered. I love it! Here's an example of an earlier version.

Now, with the latest iOS update, that feature is gone. It now simply flies from Waypoint #1 to Waypoint #2 - straight ahead -  and ignores where the camera was pointed at the time the waypoints were set on new missions. I DO NOT like that. Are there any workarounds to regain this lost feature....other than doing a manual turn while sliding right-to-left??

If I did happen to stumble upon settings that created this nice look, I sure would like to get the recipe and replicate it again. I've tried 4 times today with no luck.

Update: Here's an earlier version that shows the feature I'm talking about. They call it "Consistent With Record" (which is exactly what I'm doing but the app seems to ignore it). Fast-forward to 08:29  

Thanks in advance...

2016-9-30
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1217480 ft
United States

I have searched for 2 days now attempting to find someone who knows and understands what I'm trying to explain.

THIS IS IT -- In greater detail than I could have done myself.  

I have nearly bricked my bird attempting to downgrade the firmware because I thought maybe that was the issue.  This needs be fixed IMMEDIATELY.

I am running a documentation and inspection for an energy company and I NEED this feature to work again.

Thank you for your extremely accurate and detailed description of the problem, I hope we see an update soon.
2016-10-7
Use props
JustDaveMamm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 514934 ft
United States

I commented on this problem many days ago here:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-65388-1-1.html

2016-10-7
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1
United States

Thank you JustDave -- I will be keeping up with both pages.  Hoping for a fix SOONER THAN LATER!
2016-10-7
Use props
justinhowell88
lvl.1
United States

Update --- Not much to it, but I have verified and spoke with 2 different DJI rep's today and they said their R&D is aware of the issue but no ETA on a fix.
2016-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules