9159 57 2016-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Disclaimer: Information from me in this chain of forum discussion were obtained from public domain of the world wide web. There was NO long-term or short-term confidential information / materials as refered in DJI's Letter to FCC dated 28 Sep 2016 disclosed by me in this chain of forum discussion.  

To: Tahoe Ed,
Please do not hide this post. We are loyal customers of DJI and have been waiting for an excellence product to be released soon from DJI. Please let the discussion goes on.

Hi Folks,

On 4 Oct 2016, DJI filed 2 numbers of FCC compliance tests final reports both dated 24 Sep 2016 of a remote controller with FCC ID: SS3-GL6D10A1609  by Bay Area Compliance Laboratories Corp. (DongGuan). These reports were made known to the general public by FCC via their web site.

In the reports and associated FCC ID label, we can see the remote controller under test was a C1 remote controller with model number GL6D10A designed for Inspire 2. Given the situation that DJI on 25 Sep 2016 filed FCC compliance tests reports dated 24 Aug 2016 for the Mavic Pro and officially announced the Mavic Pro on 27 Sep 2016, I trust DJI's announcement of the Inspire 2 will soon be seen by us!

FCC ID Label

FCC ID Label

Test Report Page 9

Test Report Page 9

Test Report Page 10

Test Report Page 10
2016-10-8
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I'm speechless.
Let the speculations begin.
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Linolens,

There were also 2 numbers of Surface Absorption Rates Evaluation Reports on 2.4GHz & 5.8GHz dated 30 Aug 2016 & 2 Oct 2016 respectively filed on 4 Oct 2016.

Interesting point revealed from the test reports - 802.11b, g, & n as well as 802.11a/n Wide Bandwidth modes were tested on the remote control, in addition to the 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz Low Bandwidth modes. Don't know how these modes will be functioning with the Inspire 2. Master & Slave communications will be via Wifi?

Another interesting point revealed from the antenna location diagram - gone is the Inspire 1 Tx external antenna on the right hand side for slave to master 5.8GHz RF transmission of gimbal / camera control codes, only a Rx external antenna on the right hand side remains in the Inspire 2 remote controller diagram! Also gone is the Inspire 1 landing gear lever surrounding the RTH button in the Inspre 2 remote controller diagram!

Henry

2.4 SAR Report Page 22

2.4 SAR Report Page 22

5.8 SAR Report Page 23

5.8 SAR Report Page 23

Antenna Diagram

Antenna Diagram
2016-10-9
Use props
roland.muttenth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29902 ft
Austria

WLAN maybe used for FPV camera transmission?
Yes, also in other forums like inspirepilots.com rumors has been spread, that the release should happen on November 8th. I hope this will become true based on all leaked documents...I'm just about to decide if I'll order the Mavic due to its compactness or the Inspire2 being a more professional drone with upgrade possibilities...
2016-10-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

This would be awesome Henry , thanks for the Information .

I would love to have :  4 mile range , longer lasting battery, obstacle avoidance, Tap on screen follow object  , 1080 live video .  I would also love a hand off feature, say you fly 3 miles away , the Next person could take control and land, fly etc.  The Flytrex system can do this .  

Looking forward to it , BUT wont get the first ones out.  DJI now has a track record of bringing things to market half baked in the beginning.

Thanks again Henry

donnie
2016-10-9
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

roland.muttenth Posted at 2016-10-9 06:48
WLAN maybe used for FPV camera transmission?
Yes, also in other forums like inspirepilots.com rumors ...

Do like I do Roland and order each and every drone DJI releases.
2016-10-9
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Donnie Posted at 2016-10-9 20:27
This would be awesome Henry , thanks for the Information .

I would love to have :  4 mile range , l ...

Hi Donnie,

Given the advancement of technology as at today, your suggestions can all be realised by DJI, only down to a point - whether or not DJI sees any market competition rendering DJI squeezes their resources to incorporate the suggested features into the Inspire 2 being rolled out.

The truth is, however, there is just no real competitor in this market segment endangering Inspire 1's and its successor's sales, since DJI introduced Inspire 1 and up to the foreseeable future.

Having said that, we have seen DJI rolled out excellent equipment in the past few years, supporting creative, commercial, and nonprofit applications of DJI's innovations and technology.

For the Inspire 2, we will have to wait and see.

Henry
2016-10-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-9 06:24
Hi Donnie,

Given the advancement of technology as at today, your suggestions can all be realised b ...

Hi Henry
This is great information that you have shared. I most likely will wait on this one as, I purchased the inspire 1 in Dec-January last time. The Mavic pro will keep me busy enough and I really don't want to throw out all of my accessories and start over.

Rich
2016-10-9
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-10 02:20
Hi Henry
This is great information that you have shared. I most likely will wait on this one as,  ...

Hi Richard,

I wonder whether DJI has dropped the transformation design of the Inspire 1 in developing the Inspire 2, or has changed the way of controlling the transformation. There is no lever around the RTH button of the remote controller GL6D10A.

Henry
2016-10-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-9 16:19
Hi Linolens,

There were also 2 numbers of Surface Absorption Rates Evaluation Reports on 2.4GHz &  ...

I'm loving it.
Gimme more.
I'm eating these for breakfast.
Good job researching.
2016-10-10
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-10 19:45
Hi Richard,

I wonder whether DJI has dropped the transformation design of the Inspire 1 in develo ...

If they would have changed the transformation or folding of the I2 in such a way that it fits now into your backpack, that would be nice
2016-10-10
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RolandM Posted at 2016-10-10 22:10
If they would have changed the transformation or folding of the I2 in such a way that it fits now  ...

Hi Roland,

Being the leader in this field, DJI will give us some "surprise" when introducing the Inspire 2. Noticing what other apparent competitors are going to offer will enable us to expect the baseline above which the Inspire 2 will at least perform.

One example is the PowerEye just announced for preorder from PowerVision, which can be seen to have been designed at least on paper to compete head-to-head with the Inspire 1 Pro - 650mm diagonal wheelbase airframe foldable to 340 x 285 x 296mm transporting size, weight 3.95 kg powered by dual 99.9Wh batteries giving 29.5 minutes flight time, max 18 m/s speed, self-balanced 3-axis gimbal with M4/3 camera & lens, 5km control range and dual HD video stream (FPV & M4/3 cameras) downlink, and the front obstacle avoidance sensors and bottom optical / ultrasonic positioning sensors, and the $3,988 price tag:-
DP Review, News 3 Oct 2016 - PowerEye up for Preorder

Will DJI just let it take away this market segment from the hands of DJI? Definitely no.
Will it be another Yuneec Typhoon H, great on paper but in reality full of flaws? Not known yet.

We should be able to see a wonderful response from DJI by the Inspire 2 soon!

Henry

Serious Competitor - PowerEye

Serious Competitor - PowerEye
Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 11.27.21 PM copy.jpg
2016-10-10
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-10 04:45
Hi Richard,

I wonder whether DJI has dropped the transformation design of the Inspire 1 in develo ...

Hi Henry
I cannot imagine they would remove the transforming design all together. It would eliminate the ability to use the larger cameras....  Maybe they are using the sonic sensors and bottom camera to move the gear up and down automatically. Or they moved the gear to a software button in the Go App.

I wonder if they are changing the controller again before releasing the Inspire 2?  Just to keep us guessing  

Rich

2016-10-10
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Austria

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-10 17:22
Hi Roland,

Being the leader in this field, DJI will give us some "surprise" when introducing the I ...

Looks interesting, I was not aware of this company and their offerings.
Let us hope that DJI will be prepared to counter in the right way with its I2!
2016-10-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Macao

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-10 23:22
Hi Roland,

Being the leader in this field, DJI will give us some "surprise" when introducing the I ...

this thing looks great but it might be just 18 months late to the game.
2016-10-10
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I like the idea of adopting 2 batteries to power an aircraft with a payload of M4/3 camera, enabling longer flight time and lowering battery risk by reducing the loads on each batteries. In addition, the front FPV camera will completely release the burden of the pilot's relying on the main camera to fly the aircraft, freeing up the main camera for useful shooting of video / picture framing. Both of these were hot modifications that can be seen from folks at Inspirepilots.com, since the introduction of the Inspire 1 in early 2005.

It is just the company PowerVision does not have proven track record in the prosumer drone market. No one knows for sure such ideas, though great on paper, will be reliably delivered in that product, not to mention if it will really roll out or not.

Henry
2016-10-11
Use props
Machoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1036959 ft
Austria

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-10 17:22
Hi Roland,

Well why dont they make it better?

MAX VIDEO BITRATE        60 Mbps
3,840 x 2,160 @24 fps / 25 fps / 30 fps
RC and Base station are 2 parts

Thats 2014 specs for 2017 I would have expected more. AND no one knows how useable the software is its another chinese company I doubt there will be less glitches.
2016-10-11
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2

Still no cryptic movie on DJI's homepage that gives any hint of an upcoming event as done for the Mavic Pro
2016-10-13
Use props
janwesthoff
lvl.1
Germany

Hi,

what about the Wind 1?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-61554-1-1.html
Some kind of prototype for Inspire 2?

Looks like the Agras body, but instead of the Y-arms they used four normal straigth ones. So a quad like Inspire.The FPV Cam is missing and got no foldable landing-gear. But my idee is that Inspire 2 will still have  a automatic landing-gear. Here is why: I asume that the distance sensor puts out a 0/4-20mA  current- or 0-5V voltagesignal. With an simple analog circut dji could archive the same (folding out landing gear when close to ground) without to have landinggear and sensor connected to the chip. This would save some I/O and landing gear would still work even if the chip gone wild.  Or did it via software: still the same circut/connenction to the chip, with all the smart behavior, but the button for the landinggear will be found in the go app.

I realy hope the E2000 System will be found on Inspire 2. But with two 6s Lipo the battery won't be failsave like Matrice 600 any more, since E2000 neads 12S. Am I rigth what I said about the 6 and 12S? Or would it still fly, but with a too high current soaked from the remaining battery?

We will see
2016-10-13
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2

While considering a real FPV being on the Inspire 2…how about to switch the control mode e.g.
Flying via FPV only, you will always push the right joystick to the right if you wanna fly to right even if the copter flys towards you.
Flying with a none FPV camera mode like Inspire 1 you need to push the joystick into the opposite direction when flying towards yourself (mirrored acting).

As I don’t have any DJI product for now – how does this work for Phantom or Mavic Pro right now?
2016-10-19
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Under normal flying in Mode 2, the RHS stick controls the forward / aft, as well as left / right motion of the aircraft, always with respect to the aircraft.

In Course Lock Intelligent Flight Mode, the RHS stick controls the forward / aft, as well as left / right motion of the aircraft, with respect to a locked course. So if you locked the course when flying away from you, and then you turn the aircraft flying back to you, you push the right stick to the right, the aircraft will still fly to your right hand side (RHS with respect to the locked course, actually) even though the direction is actually the LHS of the aircraft.

Henry
2016-10-19
Use props
Drone Cuiabá
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13272894 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I would like more flight time with the X5 camera, which was compatible with the batteries and the current current cameras, a camera with a larger sensor (like Sony a6300 would be nice), video link quality in 1080 and it was folding.

I do not worry about fpv camera and obstacle sensor.
2016-10-19
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2

In other forums the comment has been made...DJI seems to face delivery problems with their new Mavic Pro (angry customers) they may could postpone the I2 launch in order to do not run into the same issues again?
I hope this is not true!

What do you think?
2016-10-21
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Since the announcement of the Mavic Pro on 27 Sep, tremendous pre-orders were placed from all over the world. DJI made a statement in the announcement press release on 27 Sep that delivery of the Mavic Pro would be started on 15 Oct. Pre-production Mavic Pros were sent out to bloggers since the announcement. Delivery did not happened on 15 Oct. 6 days later on today, DJI starts delivery of their first batch of Mavic Pro, and at the same time released Mavic Pro FW Update v1.02.0800 which addressed certain issues including the most important one - the descending issue caused by flying from indoor to outdoor. Anyone who watched the video of a Mavic Pro taking off (with VPS on but without sufficient GPS signals) from a balcony of a highrise building that eventually dropped altitude ignored full throttle up control signal will understand how critical the FW Update would be needed.

Apparently, the 6-day delay of delivering first batch of Mavic Pro was for ensuring all Mavic Pros are factory updated with this important FW Update so that customers will be safe to fly out-of-the-box they received the Mavic Pro.

The delivery problem is becoming a history.

But the market and the customers group of the Mavic Pro are quite different from the Inspire series. We may never know what exactly DJI's progress on releasing the Inspire 2 unless DJI gives such information. But I am sure sooner or later we will see DJI releasee the Inspire 2. It's only a matter of time.

Henry
2016-10-21
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-21 07:38
Since the announcement of the Mavic Pro on 27 Sep, tremendous pre-orders were placed from all over t ...

Henry

Yah, I see the delay's and they may have trouble delivering due to the overwhelming orders they received.  The Inspire 2 could be a December release (Christmas) ?  Or they could wait altogether until 2017

Rich
2016-10-21
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-22 06:29
Henry

Yah, I see the delay's and they may have trouble delivering due to the overwhelming orders  ...

Hi Richard,

I remember I read some reports a few years ago about the annual revenue of BMW, that the 5 series were BMW's bread and butter, contributing more than 50% of BMW's annual profit. The profit margin of BMW's 3 series were low although BMW sold a lot of the 3 series, far more than the 5 series.

The situation DJI now facing is very similar - DJI desperately set a low price for selling the Mavic Pro for maintaining their leading market share against new comers including GoPro, knowing their own bread and butter phantom series would also be seriously affected. I am sure DJI will rely on their Inspire series which offer another level of features set for attaining their main income in the years to come. I cannot see good reason why DJI slows down the schedule of releasing the Inspire 2 in the circumstance. After all, DJI had already filed all required submissions to FCC and obtained FCC ID for the remote controllers for the Inspire 2.

My 2 cents.

Henry

2016-10-22
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-22 10:29
Hi Richard,

I remember I read some reports a few years ago about the annual revenue of BMW, that t ...

Hi Henry

Nice analogy and it sounds about right to me. Lets hold on to our hats and see what happens  

Rich
2016-10-22
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2

Less than 2 weeks to go till the possible announcement, no news, nothing on their homepage so far... Any new leakage from any friend of a friend being close to DJI or so?
2016-10-25
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Austria

It seems to be Nov 15th this pic has been published on inspirepilots and they have it from an inspire facebook site or so
IMG_4117.PNG
2016-10-27
Use props
munceycerellia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82638 ft
United States

DJI Inspire2 真的要来了么?疑似谍照曝光 – SB-DJI 无人机炸机资讯站

they talk about the pan tilt zoom causing delays so it probably has the z3, maybe it will be working correctlyon the Inspire 2
2016-10-27
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Singapore

What about this one for a rumor?

IMG_20161028_025918.jpg
2016-10-27
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Linolens Posted at 2016-10-28 11:00
What about this one for a rumor?

Hmm......

It doesn't look right.

Is it a little flimsy if the forward obstacle avoidance cameras are mounted this way?

I can't see any x-series gimbal mounting plate / rubber dampers underneath it.

Ultrasonic sesnors + single up-facing camera pointing to the sky?

Power switch and battery status indicator LEDs fixed on aircraft, not on battery?

If it is indeed the INSPIRE 2 being released by DJI, it seems to me that it will be powered by taller motors which provide more thrust for higher payload, will be operated with dual rear inserting batteries (99.9Wh?), will  have its massive components (e.g. batteries) closer to its centre of gravity hence more agile.

But the image just doesn't look right to me - the top cowling, in particular, appears not symmetrical.

Let's wait and see.

Henry
2016-10-28
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Austria

Found this one at another site, still a lot of different posts and statements
IMG_4118.JPG
2016-10-28
Use props
RolandM
lvl.2
Austria

Silence before the storm in hopefully 2 weeks time
2016-11-2
Use props
fansd6c44c59
lvl.2
United States

RolandM Posted at 2016-10-19 08:07
While considering a real FPV being on the Inspire 2…how about to switch the control mode e.g.
Flyin ...

All DJI products have that its called Course Lock.  Its under Intelligent Orientation Control or (IOC)
2016-11-2
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Inspire2 will shortly be released

Thanks for Machoman's sharp eyes, we noticed DJI on 28 Oct 2016 filed the test reports of the Inspire 2 with FCC and obtained FCC's grant of authorisation on 7 Nov 2016 with FCC ID SS3-T650A1609

It appears from the exhibited FCC ID affixing diagram that the aircraft in the photo posted by Linolens in post #35 was likely the Inspire 2 we are waiting for - it will be operated with dual-batteries, and will have more powerful motors for higher payload.

Henry

Screen Shot 2016-11-09 at 10.23.01 PM copy.jpg
2016-11-9
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-9 08:03

Thanks for Machoman's sharp eyes, we noticed DJI on 28 Oct 2016 f ...

Awesome , I will be a buyer for sure ...... On a side note Henry , what are the the thought's ( Mood )  of the Chinese People with the election of our President Donald Trump ......Just curious . Reactions have been mixed across the Globe

donnie
2016-11-9
Use props
Henry M.Y.
Second Officer
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Donnie,

The reactions here in HK have also been mixed. But judging from the speech he gave after claiming victory, it seems to me he is getting back on the right track of going to be The President. And with all the roads he'd gone thro' being a businessman outside the administration, I think he will be cautious in every move that may have effect on the economy, which will be good. And since the Republicans retain control in the House of Representatives, he may be able to effectively exercise the powers and discharge the duties vested in The President. Provided that he moves on the right track, he should be able to give hopes to those Americans who were said to have been forgotten.

You changed your Avatar here adopting the photo of Sir Lincoln. Mind to share your thoughts about this election also?

Sorry for off-topic here. Just my 2 cents.

Henry
2016-11-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry M.Y. Posted at 2016-11-9 06:03

Thanks for Machoman's sharp eyes, we noticed DJI on 28 Oct 2016 f ...

Hi Henry
I am pleased to see the move fore more power and battery support. This will be huge for people supporting the larger camera's.

Thanks for sharing

PS. I for one think the presidential change was needed in our country. I believe, the liberal agenda has overcome the common sense or basic principles  that our country was founded on. I think by the numbers of people that came out to vote, speaks volumes and the media could not believe what was happening. The key to this change will be making the government smaller, lower the debit,  and bring back the freedoms that we have fought for. It will take some time to achieve these goals and everyone will need to come together to make it work again.

Rich
2016-11-9
Use props
Movin on
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173455 ft

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-9 08:59
Hi Henry
I am pleased to see the move fore more power and battery support. This will be huge for p ...

Hope springs eternal.
2016-11-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules