Abnormal gimbal vibration
1319 7 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Anyone seen this before?  I sort of "lightly" crashed the mavic into the side of building.  No broken props or anything and it didn't even lose an altitude, but I started seeing a "abormal gimbal vibration" warning in the app afterward.  The gimbal moves fine with the controller.  No issues there.  I did notice putting the gimbal bracket on that holds the gimbal in place (not the gimbal dome cover) felt a bit weird after like it didn't really fit anymore.  The camera sort of juts out out but I have no issues moving the gimbal.  Did a gimbal calibration as soon as I got the warning and that went fine as well.  
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for your crash, Loganx1121.
Did you try to test the gimbal while flying? Is there any vibration issue while flying?
2017-2-27
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

2017-2-27
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 00:24
Sorry for your crash, Loganx1121.
Did you try to test the gimbal while flying? Is there any vibration issue while flying?

I only get the vibration error when I'm flying
2017-2-28
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Sangarone Posted at 2017-2-27 00:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ

Thanks!  I'll give this a try
2017-2-28
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Sangarone Posted at 2017-2-27 00:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFdbG3Xr1aQ

Unfortunately this is not my issue.  I'm going to try doing the calibration with the dji assistant desktop app and see if that resolves anything.  
2017-2-28
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Update:  Flew on my lunch break.  No more vibration errors but now I'm seeing that infamous horizon tilt issue.  Don't know what to do about that.  Seems to be a mixed opinion on whether that's the nature of the beast or if it shouldn't happen.  
2017-2-28
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

Update again:  So I got home, connected to the DJI assistant 2 app and did a camera calibration.  Idk if that calibrates the gimbal or not actually but I figurd it couldn't hurt.  (Does it cal the gimbal or just the 2 front avoidance cameras?)  Then I calibrated the IMU even though it said those sensors were fine.  Took it outside in the driveway, put it sport mode, did a bunch of left to rights and yaw rotations and really wasn't seeing the horizon tilt anymore.

BUT, and this is a new one for me, I had it landed and the motors going while I was messing with the app, and got a gimbal motor overload error.  It was just sitting in the driveway, motors on, not moving while I was playing with some of the settings (not gimbal settings either) and up popped the gimbal overload error.  I have no clue.  Any ideas?
No the gimbal bracket was not on, and there was very little wind.
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules