Care refresh question
922 11 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

So I've heard a lot of horror stories as far as how long it's taken people to get their drone back and a lot about how they've sent it in for repair and when they get it back it has the same issue it did before.

My question is, what happens if you send it in for repair and still have the same issue when you get it back?  Do they force you to use your second care refresh send in or do they just fix it without making you use your second send in?
2017-3-2
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

DJI Care is NOT a guarantee, it's an insurance. You crash -> You use your refresh. The drone is not ok-> You use your guarantee. If you get a care refresh drone and it's not ok, you send it back to the guarantee and get it back fixed/replaced.
2017-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi loganx, what you read around here is far from the norm, just some of those who may have had a shall we say not so good experience, I think the vast amount of warranty care refresh repairs are pretty straight forward.
First, they normally take 10 business days , and no matter what you read here this is the norm, there is a procedure you go through which dji service is very good, from collection to delivery back to you,
If it's a warranty there will be no charge, and dji will cover shipping,
If it's dji care refresh first you will have to pay the charge, they will cover shipping and this should normally take same amount of time, although they say in there blurb it will get preferential treatment, so far this may not be the case.
In the other scenario if it's not repaired as new refurbished as new or replaced as new, and is still not operating properly, unfortunately you will have to send it back, but it won't cost you anything, and personally I would demand at the very least a new battery for your troubles, but the likelihood of this happening is very slim.
Get your Mavic and enjoy it for what it is, and don't be to worried what you read around here, try reading the positive about this little gem.. good luck...
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Do you have a case number?
It's appreciated if you can provide us the details for the problem, we'd like to help you.
2017-3-2
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

i have purchased a Mavic W/ refresh (same order) for a friends birthday this weekend. All from DJI direct and ordered early to be sure it arrived for his birthday.
it has never been taking our of the box. is their a way of resetting the refresh to the date that he registers the Mavic with DJI?
this thing with auto start on the refresh to 2 days after shipped is wrong in the first place. My Mavic took 9 days to get to me. so i lost a week & that could be the week i need at the end.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-2 23:19
i have purchased a Mavic W/ refresh (same order) for a friends birthday this weekend. All from DJI direct and ordered early to be sure it arrived for his birthday.
it has never been taking our of the box. is their a way of resetting the refresh to the date that he registers the Mavic with DJI?
this thing with auto start on the refresh to 2 days after shipped is wrong in the first place. My Mavic took 9 days to get to me. so i lost a week & that could be the week i need at the end.

We have an announcement on our website: "If you purchase DJI Care Refresh with a brand-new product, DJI Care Refresh will be valid automatically from two days after product shipment."
The start date cannot be changed.
2017-3-3
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 21:12
Do you have a case number?
It's appreciated if you can provide us the details for the problem, we'd like to help you.

No I do not as I have not contacted support yet and opened a case.  I'm saving my 2 send ins from care refresh.  I just wanted to know what happens if I use my care refresh and get it back and I still have the same problem.
2017-3-3
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-3 02:04
We have an announcement on our website: "If you purchase DJI Care Refresh with a brand-new product, DJI Care Refresh will be valid automatically from two days after product shipment."
The start date cannot be changed.

I understand that but I had to try.

In the future they should explained that if the AC is not going to be used for a while that you are better off to purchase the care refresh with the "card" that you can activate when your ready to fly for the 1st time.

I did not even no that you had a card available for activating care refresh. If I had know that it was available then that's what I would have done. I don't know who sells it but it is  in the description of care refresh, it's not something  you would understand until something like this happens.
DJI could make this care refresh more fair to the customer if was activated when registered before 1st flight.

Something DJI could work on for the future. It would not hurt the company at all and it would just be a more pleasant experience that would help this company with it's my way or the highway attitude. Some ship times are long & then there is me with a friend coming up with his bd.

It took over a week before reciving my Mavic & longer because I wanted to be prepared & read all the user manuals & videos I could find & to top it off  we had a storm that kept me from testing it out. So if I crash within 1 yr of the time that i first received or started the Mavic i am out of luck, that week could be the one that I need.
It's not just me their are others that have talked about this.

I am showing them another way.
Maybe you have a suggestion box or something or you can file me into the round filing bin.
We also lose a lot of our time in repairs, I understand that they are having growing pains but we should not have to suffer for that we should get credit for down time.
Just one more for the suggestion box or round file.

I am very sorry for the rambling but I just had t get this off my chest.

2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Loganx1121 Posted at 2017-3-3 04:00
No I do not as I have not contacted support yet and opened a case.  I'm saving my 2 send ins from care refresh.  I just wanted to know what happens if I use my care refresh and get it back and I still have the same problem.

DJI Care Refresh is not for problems, that's what the warranty is for.
Refresh is is for pilot error crashes.
2017-3-3
Use props
Loganx1121
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:01
DJI Care Refresh is not for problems, that's what the warranty is for.
Refresh is is for pilot error crashes.

I'll remember you said that if the gimbal keeps giving me these errors and I have to contact DJI.  The second they tell me I have to use my care refresh I'll let them know you said I shouldn't have to.  
2017-3-4
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-3 12:34
I understand that but I had to try.

In the future they should explained that if the AC is not going to be used for a while that you are better off to purchase the care refresh with the "card" that you can activate when your ready to fly for the 1st time.

You are completely right.  Its not fair to purchase coverage for pilot error before the pilot can even fly the Mavic.  But it is what it is.

I did not purchase Care Refresh with my Mavic order.  I believe I figured out to wait when reading through this forum.  When my Mavic arrived, I activated, then proceeded to purchase Care Refresh before the maiden flight of my Mavic.

This is how it should be handled, but as you have rightfully pointed out, it is not clear through the online purchase/checkout process.

Hopefully, you'll never need to use the Care Refresh......
2017-3-4
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

NoSale Posted at 2017-3-4 15:46
You are completely right.  Its not fair to purchase coverage for pilot error before the pilot can even fly the Mavic.  But it is what it is.

I did not purchase Care Refresh with my Mavic order.  I believe I figured out to wait when reading through this forum.  When my Mavic arrived, I activated, then proceeded to purchase Care Refresh before the maiden flight of my Mavic.

I hope I don't need to on the last week - that i lost not counting the 3 weeks in warrenty  repair for bad camera & gimbal
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules