Unsure what to do now
4121 61 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-21 23:44
Still no news, my case sits in Under Repair status since March 9th, it is now 36 days (Feb 15th) that DJI have had my Mavic in their possession for a simple out of the box replacement.

Now 37 days, I sent a my first DM to DJI Ken and DJI Mindy yesterday as noone has responded on this post, but they haven't replied ot those either.

I assume they're just out of answers, I mean what answers can you realistically give for 37 days.
2017-3-23
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

DJI have now deleted two of my support request, I guess theyll delete this forum post soon.

And now it's gone

I am totally shocked at this situation, never in my life have I been treated like this by a company that I've given my money too.

I am 1400 Euro out of pocket and have nothing to show for it.
2017-3-23
Use props
Fractures
lvl.3
Flight distance : 635531 ft
United States

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-23 08:39
DJI have now deleted two of my support request, I guess theyll delete this forum post soon.

[view_image]

credit card dispute would have been quicker! I think this is the only thing DJI is actually afraid of... you taking your money back, they could care less what you think about their company which is obvious from the way they treat their customers.

37 days and counting for an out of the box defect! Blows my mind

2017-3-23
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

38 days now, no answer here from Mods since 4 days and my ticket to support was deleted yesterday, so as of now DJI is completely blanking me, I'm taking screenshots of every communication with them for transparency and as you can see above there was nothing untoward in my communication.

I assume they are beyond any logical answer as to why this is happening and taking so long.

Am really interested to see how long this goes on and what the outcome will be.
2017-3-24
Use props
SeanOzz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 612405 ft
  • >>>
United States

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-24 05:35
38 days now, no answer here from Mods since 4 days and my ticket to support was deleted yesterday, so as of now DJI is completely blanking me, I'm taking screenshots of every communication with them for transparency and as you can see above there was nothing untoward in my communication.

I assume they are beyond any logical answer as to why this is happening and taking so long.

holy Crap man... just read all this and can not believe there is no resolution or anything to show they are on top of it.

i don't understand how simple new exchanges can go so wrong.

I hope Someone jumps on here and confirms you got a new one on the way. maybe they can even throw in an extra battery or something.
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-26 15:21
holy Crap man... just read all this and can not believe there is no resolution or anything to show they are on top of it.

His replacement drone was shipped out on March 24th, the same day of his post. (Wrong info)
2017-3-26
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-26 19:58
His replacement drone was shipped out on March 24th, the same day of his post.

Do you have some reference for this?

Today is March 27th and the DJI Repair status still says Under Repair where it has sat since March 9th.
2017-3-26
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

SeanOzz Posted at 2017-3-26 15:21

Thanks for the support Sean, I don't expect they'll even apologize for this farce, let alone compensate.
2017-3-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-26 22:05
Do you have some reference for this?

Today is March 27th and the DJI Repair status still says Under Repair where it has sat since March 9th.

Sorry, I misidentified the case number. I clicked open this case and thought it was your case number.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-88770-1-1.html
2017-3-26
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-26 22:17
Sorry, I misidentified the case number. I clicked open this case and thought it was your case number.  http://forum.dji.com/thread-88770-1-1.html

Today is 41 days waiting for a simple replacement, how much longer must I wait?
2017-3-26
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

I received the below email from an 'invoice' DJI email address, but still no commitment on anything actually happening in any short order.

I replied that I'm waiting for a replacement not a repair.

--------------

Hello,

it´s still in repair process.

If it´s repaired and tested, it will be shipped out to you via UPS.

Have a nice day and

Best Regards,
2017-3-27
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

Day 43, still nothing, an invoice department email did respond again saying Thanks for being patient but still no commitment to a resolution. This is insane.
2017-3-28
Use props
Info1769
lvl.2
United States

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-28 00:06
Day 43, still nothing, an invoice department email did respond again saying Thanks for being patient but still no commitment to a resolution. This is insane.

43 days in absolutely unacceptable. I sent mine out on Feb 25th, and had a very similar experience to yours. No communication, no confirmation, no resolution for days. The information they provide online regarding timing is completely inaccurate. The forum Mods here seem to have very little authority, and seem to pick and choose for whom and for what they want to "escalate the case." Online support is equally untrained from a customer service and support perspective and seems to even have a hard time contacting the repair center.

Don't sweat the other users giving you a hard time to bringing your concern to the table. They either ahve not sent a drone in for repair with DJI. Or, they were one of the few who had a good experience, and have no idea what we are experiencing.

I finally received a shipping notice, and it looks like I'll receive my repair on Friday - 37 days after it left my hands. I hope you it comes back in working order, and I hope you get some resolution to your case soon!
2017-3-28
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

After 43 days there seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel, my Mavic has moved from Under Repair where it has sat since March the 9th, to repaired and Shipping Preparation...

2017-3-28
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

44 days after DJI received my return I have got aUPS tracking ID for the replacement, lets see if it actually gets sent out though. Tracking ID is one thing, sending is another.
2017-3-29
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

so to round this off I received my replacement Mavic Pro this morning, it has a different serial number so I dont know if that means its new or refurbed, it didnt have stickers on it but no signs of being used.

a quick test flight and the jello issue doesnt appear to be present and no blurring at the sides of the image, so all appears good for now.

45 days to replace a defective out of the box product is unacceptable business practice in anyones book though.
2017-3-30
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-20 22:31
When you get your new drone, please provide me with the SN, I'll help to forward the information to our DJI Care support team and get it solved.

Hi Mindy, how do I now get my 12 months DJI Care Refresh to start the day you delivered my replaced Drone? Which was today March 30th 2017.

sn 08QDE360120456
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-30 12:48
Hi Mindy, how do I now get my 12 months DJI Care Refresh to start the day you delivered my replaced Drone? Which was today March 30th 2017.

sn 08QDE360120456

Hi, we didn't find the record of the DJI Care Refresh from your original SN.
Could you please provide me with the order number of DJI Care Refresh?
2017-3-30
Use props
rogermbyrne
lvl.2

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-30 19:30
Hi, we didn't find the record of the DJI Care Refresh from your original SN.
Could you please provide me with the order number of DJI Care Refresh?

Order number 0493286086962
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-30 22:32

Thank you.
I have checked your case again. And the correct SN should be 08QDE3601204S6.
We will take care of it as soon as possible.
2017-3-31
Use props
SLiWooDy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126234 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-3-5 06:17
I would just calm down and wait, dji will contact you when its been inspected.
Trying to contact them repeatedly is just adding to the backlog of emails that they have to deal with.
Give them a month, that is not an unreasonable timeframe for a manufacture repair.

Give them a month - that's not unreasonable. WHat the Hell you talking about! its totally unreasonable for someone to buy something that is faulty and then have to wait a month for it to be inspected and fixed.
MY ADVICE GET A REFUND!
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rogermbyrne Posted at 2017-3-30 22:32

By the way, Besides, you will receive a service agreement for your original SN.
Please don't worry about it. We will update the new SN for your DJI Care Refresh after that.
We will send you the agreement to this account: an***ffe@hotmail.com
If you have any further query, please feel free to let me know.
2017-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules