My 'Warranty' Saga
1589 11 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hybrid33
lvl.2
Flight distance : 912224 ft
United States

So my warranty Saga starts out the same as everyone else.  I had a couple issues with the Mavic, saving black frames, gimbal doing calibration while in flight, right side soft focus issues... etc.  Contact DJI for repair, and off the Mavic goes.  

First, the Mavic has never been crashed set down hard, and always stored in a hard case.  I have purchased DJI Care Refresh, however since this is a warranty issue, I don't have to spend the $79 bucks.  So far so good....

March 21st.  Get the shipping label, and send it in that day.  
March 24th.  UPS Shows delivered
March 30th.  DJI updates Case and shows they got it.
April 1.  Damage Assessed
April 1.  Free of Charge - Get email stating 3-4 business days to repair and ship back
April 4.  Email arrives stating Mavic repaired again, and will ship out in 3 business days.
April 10.  Call DJI as nothing has happened in my case, and Mavic hasn't shipped out yet.  Get told it would ship out in 24 hours.
April 12.  Email stating Mavic was Tested, and will ship out in 2 business days.
April 13.  Mavic Finally Shipped out - UPS Ground

So that's the quick little break down day by day.  Here's where yet more lies come in from DJI.  I had 3 phone conversations with them, 2 of which I have recordings of.  The first rep on April 10 says "The Mavic will ship out in 24 hours."  I called back on April 12 as nothing has happened in the case, and asked for a Supervisor.  The super visor states that he has confirmation from their Logistics manager that it will be shipped out in 24 hours (again) and he would follow up with me personally.  His name was Lucas.  On April 13, Oscar calls me and tells me that they've finally got it all figured out, and are going to be shipping within a day, and will have it shipped 2 day expedited shipping. I was actually told on a number of occasions that they'd ship it out 2 day expedited, and every single person, in chat and phone confirmed it.

Well, lol, they didn't.  They shipped it ground.  Slowest possible way.  I was stressing over it so much because it's been several weeks, and they said it would be 10-14 days from me shipping it in, to them shipping it back.  Which is why I did it at the end of March.  Wouldn't have been a problem if they didn't keep lying the entire time.  Sent an email to Oscar, the very same person who sent me an email and said it would be expedited, responded with the blank 'apology' and said it was a 'last minute' logistic change... which tells me that expedited shipping never happened, and its yet ANOTHER BS excuse from DJI.

You ask them why they lie so much, they just give that half baked apology, and hope you take it.  I've read multiple posts about peoples stories dealing with DJI after sales, and thought, a company this size couldn't possibly be this horrible could they?  They couldn't possibly get away with treating everyone that way could they?  Well, yes, yes they can.  They can, and they DO.  

Thought I'd add this tid bit of info...  They also told me they moved their repair center from Carson CA to Cerritos CA.  While this may be true, how is that our problem?  Why is their move effecting so many people, and why did they not plan on working during the move?  I don't understand how their lack of planning and logistics should be taken out on the customer, and we pay the price... Kinda rubs me the wrong way.

Anyhow, here's the email proof of everything i've said up to this point, and I also will post the recorded phone calls as well as proof.  I just can't comprehend how a company misleads, and lies to so many people, everyday, and never is held accountable.  But yeah, the GoPro Karma may be a little bigger, but at least GoPro's customer service don't lie or suck as horribly rotten as DJI does.

Aaaaand I'll bet IF DJI responds to this post, it'll be the typical "Whats your case number?" or "I'm sorry you had this type of service..." all the while doing nothing to fix it for other customers or future customers.  (that's the real reason I'm posting this, is so other customers don't have to go through these lies, and crap service, and maybe DJI can fix their problems)
::End Rant::

April 4.png
April 12.png
April 12 2017.png
Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 9.58.54 AM.png
2017-4-14
Use props
blunt_blunt
Ban Posts

Australia

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-4-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

blunt_blunt Posted at 2017-4-14 16:37
Heres $1 for a box of tissues.

Thanks!  Wanna paypal that to me?  lol
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

This situation has filled us with regret, I would feel just as you do if I were in your position.
Thanks for sharing your experience and story with us, we are working hard to improve recently, apologize for the pain you’ve been inflicted. We care much about your feedback on both products and service, and have forwarded it to the management, will keep going to make your experience with us better.
Hope you get the drone back to fly soon and have a great time on it.
2017-4-14
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-14 23:27
This situation has filled us with regret, I would feel just as you do if I were in your position.
Thanks for sharing your experience and story with us, we are working hard to improve recently, apologize for the pain you’ve been inflicted. We care much about your feedback on both products and service, and have forwarded it to the management, will keep going to make your experience with us better.
Hope you get the drone back to flying soon and have a great time on it.

Ummm... It's just a drone.  It's not painful.  All i'd ask is you guys stop lying to people all the damn time, and just be truthful.  Stop with the false expectations, and just be truthful and honest.  And please, please stop with the fake crappy apologies.  Just fix it, and stop lying to everyone all the time!
2017-4-15
Use props
Five-O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261355 ft
United States

Generation Y no doubt
2017-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-15 07:33
Ummm... It's just a drone.  It's not painful.  All i'd ask is you guys stop lying to people all the damn time, and just be truthful.  Stop with the false expectations, and just be truthful and honest.  And please, please stop with the fake crappy apologies.  Just fix it, and stop lying to everyone all the time!

We all think we can handle the truth, but tell someone they have to wait 5 weeks for there drone and see how they react.
2017-4-15
Use props
hybrid33
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-15 12:32
We all think we can handle the truth, but tell someone they have to wait 5 weeks for there drone and see how they react.

I can see someone would be irked, but at the same time, it's better than telling someone, it'll be done in 3 days, and 9 days later, get told it'll be done the next day, then 5 days later get told it'll be another day... I think its better to under-promise and over deliever.  Like say "It'll be 5 weeks", then it gets back to the person in 3-4 weeks, they'll be pleasantly surprised.  Heck, my 'story' isn't even as bad as some of the other ones out there... I just can't stand being lied to.  These guys at DJI should know better than lie consistently to customers given their track record.  

BUT, you do have a solid point... people will freak at the 5 week thing too.  Seems like they need a better system to repair/replace defective units, which seems abnormally high in all honesty.
2017-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hybrid33 Posted at 2017-4-15 13:32
I can see someone would be irked, but at the same time, it's better than telling someone, it'll be done in 3 days, and 9 days later, get told it'll be done the next day, then 5 days later get told it'll be another day... I think its better to under-promise and over deliever.  Like say "It'll be 5 weeks", then it gets back to the person in 3-4 weeks, they'll be pleasantly surprised.  Heck, my 'story' isn't even as bad as some of the other ones out there... I just can't stand being lied to.  These guys at DJI should know better than lie consistently to customers given their track record.  

BUT, you do have a solid point... people will freak at the 5 week thing too.  Seems like they need a better system to repair/replace defective units, which seems abnormally high in all honesty.

My experience in regards to dji is, when Mavic came out first there was a huge delay for initial buyers who demanded the truth, as soon as dji told them the truth they would have to wait two months, they went absolutely crazy,
I think when business's find themselves under pressure as dji service seems to be, excuses for delays are inevitable and customer services start to make excuses and to ease the customers from getting anxious, this is usually done with best intentions, it's not lying , lying is a totally different thing, a lie is something you do with deliberate intent.
2017-4-15
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-4-15 15:35
My experience in regards to dji is, when Mavic came out first there was a huge delay for initial buyers who demanded the truth, as soon as dji told them the truth they would have to wait two months, they went absolutely crazy,
I think when business's find themselves under pressure as dji service seems to be, excuses for delays are inevitable and customer services start to make excuses and to ease the customers from getting anxious, this is usually done with best intentions, it's not lying , lying is a totally different thing, a lie is something you do with deliberate intent.

I disagree, DJI has perpetrated a lie for their own gain.  While I understand that not everyone has experienced the failure of the DJI GO4 app, a large number have.  There are no answers, acknowledgement or apology for this failure and no information as to when those of us that have experienced this failure may expect relief.   We continue to accept app updates with new features without any indication that they are working on the root problem.  This is the purest example of deception by omission with the only purpose being to further their own corporate profit at the expense of their users.  This can't continue.
2017-4-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-15 16:07
I disagree, DJI has perpetrated a lie for their own gain.  While I understand that not everyone has experienced the failure of the DJI GO4 app, a large number have.  There are no answers, acknowledgement or apology for this failure and no information as to when those of us that have experienced this failure may expect relief.   We continue to accept app updates with new features without any indication that they are working on the root problem.  This is the purest example of deception by omission with the only purpose being to further their own corporate profit at the expense of their users.  This can't continue.

From what you say, dji set out they're intent to lie to customers, in order to keep them at bay if that was true then I for one would not be a customer, yes some have had problems with their app and service but hey I download bug fixes for almost all of my apps on a daily basis, but I don't accuse the likes of photoshop of lying to me when there app doesn't preform exactly as they initially say.

With regards to service yes there is a problem, but we hear that dji are moving into bigger facilities they have problems with the number of crashes of Mavics because of the sheer amount of new users, a factor which is by no means the same as there other aircraft, so yes they got caught out on the huge success of Mavic and are trying to catch up, which I'm sure they will do as they have done for other products they make.
With regards to apologising there staff both here and at service are apologising on a daily basis, and yes the company should come out and apologise for delays in service.
But I cannot agree with you that somehow dji hatched some sort of a plan to deliberately lie to customers.
2017-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

EastyT Posted at 2017-4-15 16:07

We’re working hard to ensure that our updates improve everyone’s experience on our products' performance.
We listen to all the feedback we get from social media, please let us know if you are faced with problems when using the APP, thanks.
2017-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules