Loving the P4P Pro+ but...
746 4 2017-4-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SimonK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 801099 ft
United Kingdom

I've had my Phantom 4 Pro+ now for a couple of weeks and I have to say that I love it. The stills and video quality is beautiful. I love the quality and ease of using the in-built screen and it flies great. It's fantastically portable and I can fly it into some tight locations with confidence, however, it does have some annoying little issues...
I have had the gimbal issue where it points to the left. I have just solved this after reading a thread on this forum, but I'm concerned that this particular issue could return, as the 'fix' did feel like a bit of a tempoary measure.

I have had the app crashing a few times - something that is mentioned more than once here.

The firmware on the aircraft and controller have both been updated, but it still tells me that a firmware update is required. I can live with this.

I've had playback issues when I've tried to review video that I've just shot - the picture breaks up or won't play back at all. I'm using fast cards.

Every so often the 'calibrate camera' message appears on the screen. I have calibrated the camera.

I have had the app forget camera setting presets that I'd saved.

The manual focus slider is the wrong way round.

Please, please, please can we have focus peaking? I know that it's available on P4P Pro's running iOS, let's have it on Android.

Like I said, I think it's a brilliant aircraft and I love the camera, but can we please have these little issues sorted out?

Simon
2017-4-26
Use props
wataero
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1719619 ft
United States

Simon - If you think GO app is buggy, wait until you try intelligent flight modes.  Draw mode causes my screen to become unresponsive then get lovely white box.  First time it happened I almost panicked, Do I turn my controller on and off to reboot app?  What happens to aircraft if i do.  Fortunately, aircraft was close by and controls still worked so I was able to land and shut down before rebooting.   If you call DJI tech spt they will have you go through all sorts of procedures, reloading firmware update using DJI assistant on PC, resetting which wipes out all of your controller settings, and my favorite - Holding down C1, C2 and camera shutter button while turning controller off and back on.  None of these do anything except waste your time.
DJI will not admit that there is anything wrong with software.  If DJI doesn't turn lack of support around pretty quick,  they owe us all a refund and a new non-embedded display controller.  I like the bright screen but only if it works.
2017-4-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Really quick.. as for the camera pointing to the left.. Found out there is another way to do the gimbal calibration.. I think it is one that DJI doesn't let everyone know because of the obvious accident that can happen while doing so.. Check out this thread.. This totally worked for me and I think it would work for you.. Check out DJI Natalia's responses.. You need to calibrate the gimbal with the Phantom sitting this way.. It does a few more motions you don't normally see - and it WILL recenter your camera..

http://forum.dji.com/thread-87837-1-1.html
233525eaejcqis8xnka44z.png
2017-4-27
Use props
SRPitera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40889 ft
United States

Just wait till you need repair service... lol
2017-4-27
Use props
paul1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 838228 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Support is the worst!! Sent P4 in for repair (GPS module quit working, 6 months old). When I was finally able to get through to tech support I was told to send it to them for repair. Instead of using their UPS ground label for shipping I used USPS overnight so they would receive it the next day. Don't waste your time. It was delivered and signed for the following day but was not entered into there system for over a week!! I called (waiting in a que of 35 people ahead of me), no help. Emailed and got a generic response stating somebody would be in contact with me. 2 days later received an email stating to patient and wait for updates. Chatted with a couple different DJI reps saying to patient and wait for email updates. It's been a month now and still being patient and waiting for updates. While I have been waiting I'm selling the P4 and I purchased a P4P + (monitor built into controller). Beautiful bright screen but......  app crashes or freezes in intelligent flight modes while you're flying luckily you have control of the drone just no display on screen. (updated, downgraded, firmware), video playback problems. Reading the forums i'm not the only one having these problems with the p4p +.  I love the drones there fun to fly and take beautiful videos and stills but having to send the p4 in for repair after 6 months of light use and the problems right out of the box with the p4p + i'm beginning to question my choice of drones. The repair backlog they have at DJI is also a concern. We paid a lot of money for these highly rated drones and we should get much better support.
2017-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules