update hell?
712 5 2017-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans18094883
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70108 ft
United States

i keep getting new firmware notices ? i just ipdated twice but no instructions for remore updates?
mike d
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Need more information Mike. Let's start for which craft.
Otherwise, the new firmware notices - are they the ones appearing each time you start DJI GO since the latest app version (and asking you to login)? If so, it's just advising you of DJI's new conditions for flight 'after the latest firmware update'. It's how it will be from here. Consider it a 'nag notice'...
Or are they notices appearing after GO has started which suggests that there is new firmware. If this is the case and you're connected to your P4P and you've updated the firmware this last week, then you may not have updated the firmware in your RC.
2017-6-13
Use props
fans18094883
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70108 ft
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-6-13 16:53
Need more information Mike. Let's start for which craft.
Otherwise, the new firmware notices - are they the ones appearing each time you start DJI GO since the latest app version (and asking you to login)? If so, it's just advising you of DJI's new conditions for flight 'after the latest firmware update'. It's how it will be from here. Consider it a 'nag notice'...
Or are they notices appearing after GO has started which suggests that there is new firmware. If this is the case and you're connected to your P4P and you've updated the firmware this last week, then you may not have updated the firmware in your RC.

meh just confused.. theirs hoops to jump thru ...first off you have to add which forum the thread belongs too i did add phantom 4 pro but that is  not helping readers in the us i guess..
seconded i updated the aircraft not updating the rc first ...but the notice jumps you into aircraft updates first anyways and theres little instruction for the rc updates unless you youtube it..is via go app enter craft  ect ect.. could be slightly friendlier via assistant...?

but after updating rc then aircraft ill yet to fly but i did get my video link up so.... fingers crossed!!!
2017-6-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like you have it sorted but just need to test out. Cool! I hope it's a successful flight.
Otherwise there's two variants of P4P - the standard and the Plus. The latter has it's own tablet and uses an Android build. The RC update process may be slightly different between the two.

But just so you know what works for me:
I always update my P4P while cool (only just powered on) via USB to my PC running Assistant 2, ensuring all batteries are on a full charge first. The RC is Not powered on at this stage. After successful firmware update, I do a VPS calibration, followed by a gimbal calibration on a perfectly flat surface.
I then power on the RC with tablet/phone connected, and start the DJI GO app. If an RC update is required, a message should appear on the 'splash' screen saying so. It then gives me the option to update, which I accept. This is achieved via attached tablet/phone wireless connection.
After rebooting both craft and RC after update, if they do not successfully link (link lights on each stay red), I force a manual re-link. This is done by pressing both of the C1 and C2 buttons along with the Record button (the one on the left corner as you hold the RC). When the RC startes making a D-D-D sound and the LED is flashing blue, I use a paperclip or toothpick to push in the link button on the P4P for a few seconds.

If the app at any point says it requires an IMU and/or compass calibration, I do that. Otherwise I don't. But if I do, I then do another gimbal calibration following - it requires your IMU settings to be right.

Hopefully that's it - in a perfect world.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans18094883 Posted at 2017-6-13 17:05
meh just confused.. theirs hoops to jump thru ...first off you have to add which forum the thread belongs too i did add phantom 4 pro but that is  not helping readers in the us i guess..
seconded i updated the aircraft not updating the rc first ...but the notice jumps you into aircraft updates first anyways and theres little instruction for the rc updates unless you youtube it..is via go app enter craft  ect ect.. could be slightly friendlier via assistant...?

Let us know how it went.
2017-6-13
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans18094883 Posted at 2017-6-13 17:05

If you have more than one battery for your P4Pro, don't be concerned if on the day you go out and put your second and third spare battery in the P4Pro for the first time since you updated the P4Pro firmware you get an "Inconsistent Firmware" warning and the DJI GO 4 app then asks if you want to update firmware.  This just means that the firmware on your other spare batteries needs to be updated. Note: the first battery firmware was automatically updated at the same time the P4Pro aircraft firmware was updated. The battery firmware update only takes a couple minutes for each battery. Cheers!
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules