Phantom 4 pro Used for Surveying
2199 4 2017-6-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thriskel
New

United States

Do the avoidance system works while surveying?

I havent tried it yet so I don't know if the avoidance system works while the drone is mapping with apps like GroundStation Pro, DroneDeploy or Pix4DMapper.

Have anyone tried it out?
2017-6-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, the obstacle avoidance system would work.  But if you are hoping to fly a survey mission anywhere close to abstacles, you should rethink the mission.
2017-6-20
Use props
Thriskel
New

United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-6-20 11:03
Yes, the obstacle avoidance system would work.  But if you are hoping to fly a survey mission anywhere close to abstacles, you should rethink the mission.

It might have obstacles near, that's why I wan't to take adventage of the avoidance system in case it finds an obstacle.
2017-6-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Thriskel Posted at 2017-6-20 15:10
It might have obstacles near, that's why I wan't to take adventage of the avoidance system in case it finds an obstacle.

The object avoidance system is there 'just in case', you should not undertake a mission and plan to have the system protect you, it is far from reliable.
2017-6-20
Use props
Adam Chabok
lvl.1

Australia

Hi, KlauGeomatics has announced a new PPK GPS technology for accurate aerial surveying using DJI drones without placing ground targets. See https://www.veritypositioning.com/ for more details.
2018-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules